Yellowstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yay another season of Jamie getting absolutely shit on by the writers for no good reason and maybe they can really cram in some more noble savage bullshit too.

the show is so incredibly engaging and frustrating at the same time.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Accurate take I never considered. Dude went from speaking in front of the Senate to crying cause his sister is mean to him almost every episode

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was fine at first when he was just a bit spineless, it was just part of his character. But then they did the big reveal on why Beth hates him so much and it made me hate Beth, not Jamie. The whole scene was just poorly contrived nonsense because 'ermagerd look how bad we treated the red man', and on top of that he was just a kid himself and had no fucking idea what he was doing. And then in the 4th season the writers decided that Jamie would be completely fucking retarded on top of everything else.

I honestly don't know why I enjoyed this show so damn much, but I did.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to the new season. I think people enjoy this show for various reasons. I like the setting and enjoy Kevin Costner as the main lead. All of the actors and even the story are raised up a little beyond what might be considered real, but that is the fun of it. The show is not meant to be a reality show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's undeniably over the top. You just have to accept that if you want to keep watching. It's basically a soap opera but Costner's character takes it to another level.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The over the top ridiculousness of it is the main appeal it has to me. Can barely afford to keep the ranch operational year to year but has a private fucking helicopter and a fleet of pristine looking 3500s, nobody has ever noticed over the previous decades that there are no ex-Yellowstone employees because they murder every hand who quits, just everything about the ranch is hilarious nonsense.

Unfortunately they lean so absurdly hard into the poor oppressed injuns/noble savage bullshit that most of the indigenous stuff is only watchable if it includes Chief Rainwater, because he's great. The rest of it is a fucking hard pass, which is a shame because Casey's wife (I refuse to believe a rancher's wife in Montana would have fucking spelled her son's name Kayce) is gorgeous but she's usually in the middle of all the worst plotlines.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I refuse to believe a rancher's wife in Montana would have fucking spelled her son's name Kayce

I hate to burst your bubble but child-bearing age women in Montana are just as enamored with random misspelled baby names as the rest of America. I was just saying the other day that the most shocking thing I could hear when I hear about a new baby being born was that its name was "Lisa" or "Jane" or something. It's all Emberlynnes and Kassitys and Cameryns and whatnot.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate to burst your bubble but child-bearing age women in Montana are just as enamored with random misspelled baby names as the rest of America. I was just saying the other day that the most shocking thing I could hear when I hear about a new baby being born was that its name was "Lisa" or "Jane" or something. It's all Emberlynnes and Kassitys and Cameryns and whatnot.
I refuse. I REFUSE!!!

Oldbased

> Than U
At end of Season 2 now. I think if they could go back in time to 1883, James should consider dumping the wife and just whoring in TN.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First 2 episodes of season 5 are out now.

Between the pregnant wife and teenage version of Beth were so awful I almost turned it off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah first 2 episodes are...not great. The storyline is kinda shit at the moment.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Is this going to be available to stream legit anywhere? Looks like they're only releasing it on the actual TV channel?

EDIT: Looks like the only way to get it without pirating is to buy it on Amazon or wait (probably months) for it to come out on Paramount Plus.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 10.50.11 AM.png

Really doing everything they can to make people want to pirate it.

Last edited: