You buy a brand new TV with sound system... what movie do you watch on it first

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Intro to Top Gun, get some Danger Zone, jets flying around. Then you can skip forward to the volleyball scene to give your system an extra workout.

Dragonheart also was good at some point. Lots of movement with Draco flying around and a few other things going on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It used to be the Dark Knight, particularly the sequence where they flip the truck. Now I think I would have to go with Mad Max: Fury Road.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Gravity sounds amazing in surround. Also The Matrix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Master and Commander is a really good movie for this type of thing. Can practically hear fish fucking in the water.

Also, Transformers. Movies were utter shit but have some impressive sound.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
first is always saving private ryan, test that surround sound w/ bullets coming everywhere.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mad Max Fury Road

if it was pre-MMFR, it would've been T2: Judgement Day
Two things. First, both of these are exactly the right answer. T2 was the ultimate, particularly the opening music. I still play that once in awhile just because.

Second, @a_skeleton_03 why can't I quote the first post in this thread? I'm suspecting it has something to do with the plugin for movies and TV shows generating a first post, but is that intended? I managed to "cheat" the system by quoting a different post and then substituting Adebisi's name and member number, and the post number and hand pasting the text, but there is no actual +Quote or Reply button. Maybe something to mention to the developer? Or not, just found it weird.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Void Void yeah I think it has something to do with how it takes the post away from the creator in order to insert stuff.

Probably won't change until XF 2.0 and a rewrite of the addon to work with that.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last surround system I setup for a dude played a ducking eagles DVD the entire time.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Gladiator would be at the top of my list.

95L0Rmm.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Visal / Audio would be two different tests for me.

Visually, it would have to be a documentary flick like the latest "Planet Earth 2" series.

Audio, "Master and Commander" naval ship battle scene has always been my go-to test. Amazing sonic range from ultra deep bass from cannon fire to shrapnel flying all around the surround speakers.