You just won $1.6 billion!

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
A good friend of mine once told me he didn't want to win the lottery because he knew for a fact that he would just end up destroying himself with it. He wouldn't know how to treat his friends anymore and would subsequently lose them. Any new friends he made he wouldn't be sure if they were true friends or not. He said he knew he would end up losing the respect of his wife and somehow alienating his family and in the end he would hate himself and then spiral out into an early and miserable grave.

You have to appreciate that level of honesty and self reflection. Or at least, I did.

Personally I'd give a lot of it away to family and friends and try keep enough to allow me to live comfortably but not extravagantly. The one thing I would probably do is have two houses. One in the mountains and one on the water in a warm place somewhere. Not necessarily the ocean, maybe just a nice quite lake somewhere with good internet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Why the fuck do you need friends to have a good life ?
Sure, it is nice to have friends, it is even nicer to have good friends, but they are no necessary. You can be a rich loner living a good life, with good books, good entertainment, expensive sexual encounters and all the luxuries a great wealth provides. If you have a wife and kids, friends become even more unnecessary.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I'd invest in SpaceX and Tesla and pay for the production of a computer game version of a hybrid StarFleet Battles + Federation and Empire game (multiplayer playable over the internet). I'd then disappear from these forums, forever.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I would not fund Star Citizen, but I might be tempted to gather a crew of talented game devs together and set them the task of making a game as similar to Freelancer as possible without crossing copyright lines, with a clearly stated development objective. I'd also hire a CEO for the company that knows how to keep deadlines and keeps dev bloat in check. Then, after the game is released I'd have fun playing it while Star Citizen fans boycott it and throw reddit tantrums claiming that once SC is finally done it will be soooo much better than my game.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno what I'd do first. Prolly move to Colorado where weed is legal and you can blaze up anytime you wanted. This would solve two problems. One, weed, duh. Two, get me outta the state where I won the money.

Fuck, even if I won $100K. Prolly wouldn't invest my money and become the biggest prick out there whenever somebody came to me asking for help financially.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Now that the $1.5B has been officially won (even if no one collected it yet), let's go with a much more reasonable prize.
If you won $50 Million from the lottery, what would you do with it?

As a side note, I was reading up on the taxes and everything involved with that $1.5B prize. If you choose to receive it in 1 lump sum, after all the taxes, you would receive $422.2 Million. That's it. Pretty shitty.
What's the tax bill on a $1.5B Powerball win?

Last edited:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Now that the $1.5B has been officially won (even if no one collected it yet), let's go with a much more reasonable prize.

If you won $50 Million from the lottery, what would you do with it?

Buy MMORPG.com and use it to buy firesofheaven.org, install MMORPG.com eyestabbing AIDS banner ads under every post on this site. Get a super annoying attention whore 4/10 B-cup GF and give her mods powers.

• 1WTF