You know you're getting old when.....

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say there was a much larger set of cultural changes between the 50's and 90's than 90's and today.

Also, turn down that awful racket *hits ceiling with broom*.
Agreed. That's like saying no bands today sound like Nirvana, compared to no bands in the 90s sounded like... The Big Bopper?

Although some of those 1950s artists were still pretty big in the 90s. Like Elvis, Johnny Cash...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Heavy leg day in the gym on Thursday. 32 hours latter, my legs don’t remember how to be legs. Tomorrow will be even worse.

Going through the same thing. It was my first good leg day in a long long time. Months. I did it saturday and my legs are just starting to stiffen up tonight. Tomorrow is going to be rough.

Agreed. That's like saying no bands today sound like Nirvana, compared to no bands in the 90s sounded like... The Big Bopper?

Although some of those 1950s artists were still pretty big in the 90s. Like Elvis, Johnny Cash...
And then you have Keith Richards who was has been pretty big the entire damned time.

OK, not quite, the stones formed in 1962. But close enough.

I asked spotify to play classic country a couple weeks back. The first song was nine to five. OK, not really classic, but I like it so cool. Second song was Elvis singing suspicious minds. My mind got suspicious. Classic sure, but only about half country. Good song so I let it slide. Next song is some shiny thang song. I don't know which one because they all sound like the same song to me. Fuck spotify. How dare they call that bubblegum pop shit classic!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Going through the same thing. It was my first good leg day in a long long time. Months. I did it saturday and my legs are just starting to stiffen up tonight. Tomorrow is going to be rough.

And then you have Keith Richards who was has been pretty big the entire damned time.

OK, not quite, the stones formed in 1962. But close enough.

I asked spotify to play classic country a couple weeks back. The first song was nine to five. OK, not really classic, but I like it so cool. Second song was Elvis singing suspicious minds. My mind got suspicious. Classic sure, but only about half country. Good song so I let it slide. Next song is some shiny thang song. I don't know which one because they all sound like the same song to me. Fuck spotify. How dare they call that bubblegum pop shit classic!
“Classic” is how old? 40 years? Soooo, the 80’s.
:emoji_older_man:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
“Classic” is how old? 40 years? Soooo, the 80’s.
:emoji_older_man:
No motherfucker. Classic is 70's and earlier. Always has been, always will be. in 1962 the rolling stones knew they were making classic rock.

We're talking music here, not cars.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd say there was a much larger set of cultural changes between the 50's and 90's than 90's and today.

Also, turn down that awful racket *hits ceiling with broom*.
yea, 1951 was when the telecaster was debut
tele-oral-history-graphic@1400x1050.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users