You know you're getting old when.....

iannis

Musty Nester
You make a Dagwood reference about a hero sandwich at your son's 1st birthday party and no one has a fucking clue what you are talking about.
lol.

frown.png

He could never get his raise!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
A dagwood is an actual type of sandwich though. Anything piled high with multiple layers of stuff. There's no reason for people not to know that. Do they also not know what a sandwich is because John Montagu is from olden times?

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
A dagwood is an actual type of sandwich though. Anything piled high with multiple layers of stuff. There's no reason for people not to know that. Do they also not know what a sandwich is because John Montagu is from olden times?
That's funny, I always just thought those sandwiches were named after the cartoon.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's funny, I always just thought those sandwiches were named after the cartoon.
It is, the comic came first. I can't recall having seen a menu with a sandwich named that for fucking ever though. Its no surprise that lots of people have never heard of the name.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I didn't mean to imply the dagwood sammich came first. Just that it had passed into common usage as a name for that type of sammich and therefore no one had any reason not to recognize the dagwood by name. Much like no one has reason not to know WTF a sammich is just because the guy it was named after is from olden times.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When one of your wife's friends is over and the Ash V. The Evil Dead trailer is on, then after she doesn't know there were movies with that character in them....

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
When you meet people that just joined the Army with a birthdate after you enlisted. JFC.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
My friend used to work @ Dagwood Sandwich. Uniforms were covered in cartoons and people were like "What the fuck are you wearing you dipshit?" Was great. He quit in 2 days. Business went under in two weeks.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Raley's grocery stores have a food counter in some of them, including the one near my work, and one of their specialty sandwiches is called the Dagwood. No idea if anyone making it knows what it is from, but they still use the name at least.

Although now that I look it up online, it isn't there, so apparently only my local one offers that sandwich. I should fill out a comment card because whomever owns that one is awesome for that reason, sure, but mostly because he hires almost nothing else but hot college chicks to work as baggers.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone filling out a crossword puzzle ask you something you might know since you're "old" and you know the answer. Original DnD company. TSR duh. Got books on them that say TSR.

Old.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm not even 30 yet and I'm already getting angry at the college kids who moved in downstairs to stop chain smoking cigarettes and get off my damn lawn.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Recent college grad interning here at work somehow got ahold of I Wanna Be The Guy, I try to explain how it's supposed to be a homage to old Nintendo games.

"This is just completely stupid. What kind of stupid masochist would ever want to play games like this?"

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Did you have a good spot to dump the body, or is it still in your trunk?