You know you're getting old when.....

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chick asked to meet for "drinks", I really just wanted to relax and watch football instead.

If you told me 5 years ago I'd turn down sex to literally sit on the couch and do nothing, I'd slap you.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Chick asked to meet for "drinks", I really just wanted to relax and watch football instead.

If you told me 5 years ago I'd turn down sex to literally sit on the couch and do nothing, I'd slap you.
Oh dude, Netflix and chill has really meant Netflix and chill for my wife and I since just after we were dating. No complaints.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if it's an age thing or just me, but I mist or choke up during sentimental scenes in movies or TV shows that are written to elicit that response. Didn't use to happen.
I've noticed this happening more often lately too, and I don't have any kids to bring it out of me.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
20 years since jagged little pill was released. spotify throw back Thursdays have a playlist from Alanis.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
When you're the only one in the office who saw most of the star wars movies in the theater.
Try a drive-in theater..one where you had to hang this big clunky metal speaker housing over the side window (mono, not stereo) to listen to the audio. And of course the movie couldn't start until it was dark so start times were listed at "when it gets dark".

Father would take us to the drive-in in the old International Harvester truck, pulling in backwards to the parking space. We'd hope into the bed of the truck and sit on the bean-bag chairs we brought along. When it was cold, we'd all have thick blankets for warmth. Hell, there was even a playground down in front below the screen.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
When people starting new jobs at your place of employment weren't even born when you started there
frown.png

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
When you realise the kids who will start college next year were born in 1998. We are only 2 years away from kids born in 2000 being in college.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
When I grunt while getting out of the car and the pretty girl walking by thinks it was meant for her.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
When you realise the kids who will start college next year were born in 1998. We are only 2 years away from kids born in 2000 being in college.
Kids born in 2000 are currently driving on our roads. They almost all have learners permits at this point

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Most of these things are not indicators of getting older as the thread title suggests. You are old. Fucks sake, we were getting old playing EQ. Now we are paying tuitions and yelling at other people to get off their fucking phones while I'm trying to drive behind them.