You know you're getting old when.....

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You start having to fucking shave your ears. Seriously, fuck this shit. I'm growing more on them than sections of my scalp.

Just wait for your rectal hair to come in.... young whipper snapper....

• 2Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bad kidneys run in the family (thankfully, no diabetes), so lately, as I creep on 40, I am running into issues with Gout in the foot I had busted in an accident.

Holy frell. It is the second worst pain I have ever felt. First being passing a kidney stone.
1000mg of ibuprofen 3x a day for 6 months. Assuming no flareups go down to 2x a day for 6 months. Assuming no flareups go down 1x a day. At the first sign of a flareup, immediately go back to 3x a day for a week or so.

Rheumatologist gave me that treatment for gout more than 20 years ago. Works like a fucking charm.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When your sisters start asking if you'd had a colonoscopy recently...

You start having to fucking shave your ears. Seriously, fuck this shit. I'm growing more on them than sections of my scalp.
God damn white ass hair, one short pubic like hair in each of my ear holes, that's hard as fuck to pluck out because it's coated in ear wax...

Haus

<Silver Donator>
1000mg of ibuprofen 3x a day for 6 months. Assuming no flareups go down to 2x a day for 6 months. Assuming no flareups go down 1x a day. At the first sign of a flareup, immediately go back to 3x a day for a week or so.

Rheumatologist gave me that treatment for gout more than 20 years ago. Works like a fucking charm.

Yeah, but if kidney problems run in their family then that level of NSAID dosing will have a greater than zero chance of causing kidney issues..... Worth the risk?

God damn white ass hair, one short pubic like hair in each of my ear holes, that's hard as fuck to pluck out because it's coated in ear wax...

Get a clipper for that shit, You can use most nose hair trimmers to get ear hair too...

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, but if kidney problems run in their family then that level of NSAID dosing will have a greater than zero chance of causing kidney issues..... Worth the risk?

Get a clipper for that shit, You can use most nose hair trimmers to get ear hair too...
I hadnt considered the kidney issue. I do full blood workups every year. As someone who lived for years with the excruciating pain of gout, I can tell you I would do pretty much anything to escape it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
I hadnt considered the kidney issue. I do full blood workups every year. As someone who lived for years with the excruciating pain of gout, I can tell you I would do pretty much anything to escape it.

Yeah. I can only run NSAIDs when I am getting a flare or think I am getting one, funfun.

Mostly doing dietary changes. Cutting red meat down to just two-three times a week (was 5 or more), eating yogurt (not a fan), lots of unsweetened cherry juice and whatnot.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
*sigh*

I had my reading glasses on while reading on the toilet. Then went to play some Division 2. I just tried to put my "gaming" readers over my reading glasses.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. I can only run NSAIDs when I am getting a flare or think I am getting one, funfun.

Mostly doing dietary changes. Cutting red meat down to just two-three times a week (was 5 or more), eating yogurt (not a fan), lots of unsweetened cherry juice and whatnot.

I've been having a flare up for the past 3 weeks. Started with Colchicine, moved up to Prednisone, nothing is working. I think I'll have to go in for a cortisone shot to my joint. This is on top of taking ibuprofen morning and night.

Rime

<Donor>
Brutal, man. Dietary changes seem to work for me, for the most part. Only time I tend to get flares now are when I injure the joint - last time was when I had a crate land on my foot and bust the big toe+second toe of my foot.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brutal, man. Dietary changes seem to work for me, for the most part. Only time I tend to get flares now are when I injure the joint - last time was when I had a crate land on my foot and bust the big toe+second toe of my foot.

I'm eating much healthier than I usually do, which means eating things I don't normally eat, but also weight loss, which I think is a trigger sometimes?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm still in denial. But those hot 20 somethings keep throwing themselves at me and I like tits and tacos very very much. Keeps me feeling young I guess

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Getting lunch at the sandwich place near work. Paid cash. "Oh wow, you're like the only person all day that paid with cash!" Am I out of touch? Is everyone 100% cashless these days? I'm usually only cashless when in cities, because homeless beggars, but huh...I must be old and set in my ways.

/pays cash most of the time
//still torrent TV shows
///20 year old car

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I favor credit cards to get points for stuff. I use them like cash though. Never spend what I can't pay off immediately. After a while I just cash in points for gift cards.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you have good credit, Amex blue cash magnet. 0 annual fee, 1.5% cash back on everything. No limit. Put all household spending on it, pay it off each month. Free money.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I use amex where I can and whoever accepts it. 3% return on food with Costco MasterCard in restaurant is amazing and there is no way I will not take advantage of that. Plus my credit score is reaching maximum level so that helps a lot too.

Amex card return varies but 1.25% on all goods and service is the highest return with no annual charge credit card.

All in all I get about 50$ back every month from points so Yeh definitely worth it.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I use my capital one card as a catch all.

I use my Amex blue card for groceries, 2x points.

Then my discover card has that rotating 5% cash back so whatever the current month is, that's what I use it for. Unfortunately, the changing categories for the 5% is apparently confusing to my wife who randomly uses different cards because she can't remember the rotation.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have a no annual fee Amazon Visa. %5 back on Amazon, 1% on other stuff. With the combined Amazon habit Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I have this is our optimal card. Also lowest interest rate currently of any of our cards.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I use my capital one card as a catch all.

I use my Amex blue card for groceries, 2x points.

Then my discover card has that rotating 5% cash back so whatever the current month is, that's what I use it for. Unfortunately, the changing categories for the 5% is apparently confusing to my wife who randomly uses different cards because she can't remember the rotation.
I'm just too lazy to track my different cards. I just take the 1.5% on everything and dont have to think about it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I keep cash on hand but only use it for tipping, hookers, and guns. Last week I left my wallet at home when I went to the grocery store so I had to use some of my hooker money to grocerate. It was terrible.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf