You know you're getting old when.....

astgte

Trakanon Raider
Losing my Dad :(

Dealing with lawyers , banks, and courts/gov BS

Also daily naps are a glorious thing
Can’t give two emotions so must say, gutted for you, lost mine and it hurt like hell, don’t start me on second lot but hell yeah… naps 👍👍

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Losing my Dad :(

Dealing with lawyers , banks, and courts/gov BS

Also daily naps are a glorious thing

My deepest condolences. I was raised by my grandparents, had to be "the adult in the room" handling things when both my grandfather died (97) and Grandmother (2010). Now my mother is in decline and I'm the only relative left in town to assist for things. It sucks man... Only lesson I have picked up is to get power of attorney early if you can, and pre-do a will and paperwork.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks, I lost him last September and think about him every day. Was really rough earlier on. My Dad was quite savvy financially and he had the forethought to identify beneficiaries on investments, TFSA (Canada), and RRSP's. This is also an important inclusion in prep of your estate as well.

I was POA and now Estate Trustee, and only now in a position to start distributing assets as probate took about 8 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

On the lighter topic of sleep, anyone else have sleep apnea? My cpap was a game changer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
On the lighter topic of sleep, anyone else have sleep apnea? My cpap was a game changer.
I snore, and I got a watch which measures SPO2. It was saying I was dipping into the 80's at night. I thought I was on a sure fire path to a CPAP. Then I used a wedge pillow so I started sleeping with my body leaning upwards at an incline. According to Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus it's apparently suppressed a lot of my snoring and I'm consistently not dropping out of the 90's anymore. I might still give a CPAP a try though...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I snore, and I got a watch which measures SPO2. It was saying I was dipping into the 80's at night. I thought I was on a sure fire path to a CPAP. Then I used a wedge pillow so I started sleeping with my body leaning upwards at an incline. According to Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus it's apparently suppressed a lot of my snoring and I'm consistently not dropping out of the 90's anymore. I might still give a CPAP a try though...

are you a little (or a lot) overweight?

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
are you a little (or a lot) overweight?
I'm a chunky lunchbox. (over 220) It's my stout mountain dwarf genetics ;) That and a combination of my grandmother's cooking while growing up, and wife's propensity for learning everything my grandmother made and mastering the making of it. (Which was how I knew she was wifey material). So yeah... chunkier than I'd like. But even when I was in shape and playing hockey I still weighed a solid 190.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm a chunky lunchbox. (over 220) It's my stout mountain dwarf genetics ;) That and a combination of my grandmother's cooking while growing up, and wife's propensity for learning everything my grandmother made and mastering the making of it. (Which was how I knew she was wifey material). So yeah... chunkier than I'd like. But even when I was in shape and playing hockey I still weighed a solid 190.
fat guy eating GIF
Exercise Spinning GIF

I sentence you to only salads and exercise for 6 months. May Ronald McDonald have mercy on your soul. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus at your discretion.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
yup. Mine was brought about by chronic tonsilitis and sinusitus. Once the tonsils were out I had a sleep study and had a score of 100. I think that means 100 arousals per hour. I was like "Is that good?" She said she had never seen anyone over 50 and that she almost woke me up 3x because she thought I was going to die in there. Anyway, yeah, I was able to sleep with it the first night and never looked back. For years I wouldn't bother to pack it when I traveled, but these days I do. Too many people (including my wife) complaining about the snoring. I even bought a philips travel cpap which was kicking ass until it was recalled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about those, if I could actually sleep on a flight that would be gold.

i need alcohol to sleep on a flight, but yeah it's a nice add. Most planes have a plug you can use. I wanted something with a battery backup because it's pretty common to lose power where I work.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
i need alcohol to sleep on a flight, but yeah it's a nice add. Most planes have a plug you can use. I wanted something with a battery backup because it's pretty common to lose power where I work.
I sleep like a baby on airplanes. Probably because when I was a baby my grandparents would put me in the car and drive around the block when I wouldn't go to sleep and POOF I'd be out like a light.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
My mom dipped my paci in southern comfort to get me to sleep. I don't think how we were put to sleep makes any difference at all.

loudgas

I could be wrong but I thought booze on an airplane was a bad mix, as you lose hydration in altitude?

Booze definitely makes me sleepy though.

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I could be wrong but I thought booze on an airplane was a bad mix, as you loose hydration in altitude?

Booze definitely makes me sleepy though.
lol gunna need one more dot to connect. What the fuck does hydration have to do with flying?

Goatface

lol gunna need one more dot to connect. What the fuck does hydration have to do with flying?
supposed to drink 8+oz of fluid per hour of flight. at high altitude you breath more often in a very low humidity and dehydrate.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
supposed to drink 8+oz of fluid per hour of flight. at high altitude you breath more often in a very low humidity and dehydrate.

in a pressurized cabin?

Allright whatever. I certainly never noticed and was pissing like a racehorse on the international flights.
But I drink a lot of water anyway.