You know you're getting old when.....

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When you try to get back into things you had done earlier in life and get shocked prices and how much more "high tech" things are now.

Borzak

Yale released a bunch of photos from the depression. They had 748 photos from a very small town my family is from. They ID'd the newspaper guy setting type in 1939. I knew him pretty well. He covered the historical marker unveiling for the family that I did the "unveiling" for.

Fuck I'm old.

The barber sign is the same sign that was there in 1939.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Yale released a bunch of photos from the depression. They had 748 photos from a very small town my family is from. They ID'd the newspaper guy setting type in 1939. I knew him pretty well. He covered the historical marker unveiling for the family that I did the "unveiling" for.

Fuck I'm old.

The barber sign is the same sign that was there in 1939.
I used to set lead type.
frown.png

Borzak

I bet you didn't do it in 1939 lol.

Hold onto the wayback machine. Kids nowdays don't even know what a paper is.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
When you're the only one in the office who saw most of the star wars movies in the theater.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
lol 'most'

So you saw Jedi in the theaters. That's not very old.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Or when you remember when it was a big deal that Vanessa Williams was in Playboy and the pics were actually pretty hot. (including mild bondage gear.)
Yes i remember it was a huge deal because she was the reigning Miss America. Women with the title were not supposed to be in raunchy magazines like Playboy. Now Kim Kardashian is super famous and rich because she had sex in a video with a nobody rapper.
Cue the i don't want to live in this world anymore meme.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My mom constantly gets $10-$30 gift cards to Kohls and has trouble finding stuff to buy. It's free socks and underwear for me.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if it's an age thing or just me, but I mist or choke up during sentimental scenes in movies or TV shows that are written to elicit that response. Didn't use to happen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if it's an age thing or just me, but I mist or choke up during sentimental scenes in movies or TV shows that are written to elicit that response. Didn't use to happen.
Having a kid triggered that in me.

Previously I was a stone-hearted, uncaring mofo that could not be offended or upset by anything.

Now that I have a kid, if I see anything remotely sad/sentimental about kids, or dads, or whatever I get choked up.

zippitydoda

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When the best plans are canceled plans and you can just hang around the house.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How about if, instead of celebrating halloween, you spend the day checking out your second house so you can see how bad the last tenants fucked it up. Is that a sign of being old too?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I hate when people around my age (19-25) always need to be like you know you're old when...

And 99% of them live with their parents still and are still in college or just graduated. Like you know you're getting annoying when...

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Instead of dressing out and going out for Halloween I sat on the couch watching a documentary on Rommel and passing out Candy. My dad called and said he did pretty much the same thing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You increasingly avoid responding to some threads so you don't get caught up in long, intractable debates. Even after typing out paragraphs of response. Ctrl A, delete, back.