You know you're getting old when.....

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I always took needing to turn on subtitles as a sign of getting old. But recently I've been rewatching old TV shows like Fall Guy and it dawned on me that I don't need subtitles for those. In fact I turn them off because they tend to block out Heather Thomas's ass. Everything they say is perfectly clear an intelligible. So what's really happening when we have to turn on subtitles is that the kids making shows today don't have a fucking clue what they're doing.
My god, even as a little kid I watched the Fall Guy intro any chance it was on, even if I didn't know why (she was in a suuuper tiny bikini )

But yeah, it seems with schools getting shittier and old world knowledge slowly retiring out, everything is getting worse. TV audio mixing for your example, a lot of new game studios releasing absolute beginner hour intern garbage (Golum, King Kong, Day Before though that's more scam than stupidity).

This being the screenshots forum after all:

Heath.png

• 5Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Goatface

You know you're getting old when.....

you feel good for 2 days in a row and know something is going to go wrong soon.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
When you see a good looking MILF only she seems just a tiny bit too old for you, then you find out she's a few years younger than you are.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It seems like only yesterday I was 20 years old, working 60-70 hour 6-7 day workweeks, back breaking manual labour (summer job albeit) and yet I still had energy to play hours of complex RPGs per day. Now I'm in my 40s, I work a 36 hour a week desk job shuffling papers and I can barely find the energy to play 4-5 hours of simple simulation games per week.

1704373186720.png

• 8Solidarity
  • 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 14 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It seems like only yesterday I was 20 years old, working 60-70 hour 6-7 day workweeks, back breaking manual labour (summer job albeit) and yet I still had energy to play hours of complex RPGs per day. Now I'm in my 40s, I work a 36 hour a week desk job shuffling papers and I can barely find the energy to play 4-5 hours of simple simulation games per week.

View attachment 507319
I remember working full time, having two running AD&D campaigns, and ALSO playing a PBM strategy/combat game with a group of friends. The odd part was that the people I was mailing sheets to and from for the Play-by-mail (yes, literally a map conquest strategy game played over US Mail), they were all guys I saw every week for one of the two campaigns....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm just gonna ask all of you to be seated for this one....
1704855481360.png

• 13Worf
  • 3Rustled
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm just gonna ask all of you to be seated for this one....

Answer and tell them it's the newest high speed petabit ethernet connection. All they have to do it trim their ethernet connectors to fit and they'll get internet speeds faster than 6g fiber.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I did work for low/mid income housing and we still had to put in regular phone lines. Every project I would ask why. No one has a hard line phone anymore. We also put in RJ45's but I promise you none of these regular RJ-11's are being used. So dumb.

Also , I guess due to economy of scale, Cat5e/6 is cheaper that phone line (think it's Cat 3).

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I did work for low/mid income housing and we still had to put in regular phone lines. Every project I would ask why. No one has a hard line phone anymore. We also put in RJ45's but I promise you none of these regular RJ-11's are being used. So dumb.

Also , I guess due to economy of scale, Cat5e/6 is cheaper that phone line (think it's Cat 3).
My house was wired with cat5 rather than phone lines and the "phone" ports just use one pair out of the cable. The others are just hanging there. I took all those out and replaced them with the network ports they should have been. Wonder if the builder "saved money" by putting in cat 5?

Hilarious, but saved me thousands of dollars in cable pulls..

• 1Like

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They stopped doing pancakes/sausage in my neck of the woods, nothing but shitty breakfast sandwiches now. My first job was flipping burgers at mcd's

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
A kid called me Santa today. I didn't think I went that gray already at 40 lol
I had new headshots done at a business event recently....

Seeing them after a coworker quoted "Looks like business Santa wants to see your ROI projections on that new bike Timmy!"

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users