Your best raid or mass pvp experience across the genre?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
PvP
DAoC, back when like ten of us from my guild would wake up at like 5am and start taking keeps when hardly anyone else on our server was awake.

PvE
Racing in EQ is literally one of the most exciting experiences. The launch night for Kunark on Vulak was extremely fun in retrospect; despite massive cheating etc.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PvP: Sullon Zek. Neuts for life.

PvE: Solteris with FnF and progression with Faceless Order

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Favorite PVE moment was probably getting a server first Ring of Vulak finish when everyone else said it was too hard / not worth it. It wasn't, but it was still fun as fuck.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Raid-Clusterfuck: Coldain Shawls in EQ
Raid-Structured: Ulduar in WoW
PVP-Clusterfuck: Notum Wars Tower Battles in Anarchy Online//Vanilla Alterac Valleys
PVP-Structured: Roaming 8mans in DAOC, even after Artefakts made half of them quit out of butthurt.

Probably the most satisfying kill was Heroic Ragnaros for the first time, because our group had a serious case of the derpa-derp-fail-mechanics-you've-had-down-for-a-month on that fight, so it just felt fantastic when we were finally able to all keep our idiocy to a minimum and get him dead.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WOTLK raiding was so all-over-the-map.

It had WoW raid design
At its laziest: Nax 2.0
At its best: Ulduar
At its most completely un-engagingly shitty: ToC
At its most fulfilling: Lich King
At its most filler: Hi Dragons!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Was never bleeding edge of content, but I have to say, getting world 6th of the last boss in the Sand-type 10 man in Rift was pretty fucking electric for me. It was the usual 1am type thing where my eyes were starting to droop, and we gave it one last go, and happened to all nail it.

Good times - Shoutout to the JCoT, Krassus.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Server first Nefarian and C'thun in Vanilla WoW. Also first week of Rift trying to down the first raid boss, Hist yelling "slimes slimes slimes slimes slimes" for a full minute straight.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Server first Nefarian and C'thun in Vanilla WoW. Also first week of Rift trying to down the first raid boss, Hist yelling "slimes slimes slimes slimes slimes" for a full minute straight.
HAHAHAHA How is Hist doing these days? "Freestyle it," during infiltrator was pretty awesome as well. 2-3 people alive for a kill is always lol.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
HAHAHAHA How is Hist doing these days? "Freestyle it," during infiltrator was pretty awesome as well. 2-3 people alive for a kill is always lol.
I think hes playing Neverwinter, Krass is in FFXIV. I tried it but leveling bored me to tears.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
From MC till AQ was when I enjoyed raiding in MMOs the most, wasn't really about the fights, mostly from the people playing in the guild at the time and the server community, which especially died with cross server interaction. Back early WoW most the people were old EQ/DAOC vets, we also had a lot of people from Australia, Europe even South Africa, just made for more dynamic guild and raiding experience. Lost a lot of the fun core around AQ40, corpse runs, side grade loot, poor gold drop and bugs, people would slowly stop logging in for raids and eventually never see them again. I did like watching each week Rag get closer and closer to dying before Sons, felt awesome to finally kill before. Was likely the period of WoW with the most still relevant raid content to complete each week, Day 1 MC&Onny for T2 and things like TOEP & Onny Bags, Day 2 ZG for Enchants, Day 4 BWL farm, Day 5 AQ20 for recipes, Day 6&7 AQ40 progress.

The first 20 or so levels in Warhammer Online were likely my favorite PvP experiences, only game I've enjoyed non-stop PvP leveling, fighting in RvR lakes till the queue popped then doing it again, soon after things went to shit tho.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
PVE: Either our first Twin Emps kill or our C'Thun kill with zero deaths, which was aptly rewarded with a Dark Edge of Insanity.

PVP: World PVP in Blackrock Mountain. It was also always fun having our guild's main tank flag carry in WSG and take zero damage.
smile.png

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
Mass PVP Definitely goes to Aion. The only game ive ever played where a mundane quest can turn into a 100v100 cluster fuck. By the way, that's a man down.

rrr_img_44168.jpg

While not a mass PVP/Raid scenario, The group content in Aion is top notch it's a shame the rest of the game is your A-typical Korean shitfest. Here's a screenshot of me and some fellow adventurers fighting the Top Tier PVE instance when it came out.
rrr_img_44169.jpg

rrr_img_44170.jpg

rrr_img_44171.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Ulduar. It was a piece of art. Top to bottom elegant and fun.

PvP, mid-sized (ex:200vs.200) fleet actions in EVE I guess. Shadowbane had too many issues and I don't really care for small scale combat like arenas and BGs.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
PVP - Pre UO:R days in UO. DAoC Relic Wars, AC Darktide, Shadowbane

PVE - Was fun doing the server first AoW on Sullon Zek

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hoshkar was a sweet victory.

My fave pvp memory was a loss. We used to do huge pick up raids on the darkness falls bosses. Giant zergs that swept over things like locusts. If you grouped with a decent caster it was alot of xp and seals. I'm guessing it was around 50 to 80 people of various levels.

A single group of mids, possibly not even a full group killed everyone by hiding behind a door and stunning / aeing the entire raid down. They were the little small assgobliny people so they squeezed in the wedge behind the door.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
pve first emp ssra kill, a close second is my first rag kill

pvp was more of the group i was in, i was a small cog in our servers grand marshall rotation team. If i had to pick id go with one of those all day av's i was in

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Open world pvp vanilla wow, Rift briarcliff and regulos servers. PvP dailies in open zones was alot of fun on pvp servers in Rift. PvE for me had to be AoW in EQ and First Nefarion kill in vanilla wow.