Your best raid or mass pvp experience across the genre?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Inuktu'ta or whatever it was in GoD was awesome for its time. I was also one of the crazy ones who enjoyed Ssra.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
PvE : Sunwell was the best period we had with the guild, the first Brutallus kill with one MT death was pretty epic, Im not sure about server but we were definitively horde first, I'll keep that vid forever :

PvP : DAoC of course, still unmatched to this day.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Server first Onyxia kill during vanilla, pre-nerf that allowed fearward to stop her ae fear. Total clusterfuck of a fight with people running around everywhere and the dragon spinning around and breathing on people wearing shitty green and blue with like 1 or 2 purple pieces at most. Great group of people, it was a great time.
What is fearward? Hordemode for life.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Buff from dwarf priest to put on someone, wich absorb one fear. Pretty op on main tank without pre-emptive knowledge to switch stance

Zish

Trakanon Raider
It was a bit late in EverQuest's prime, but for me, nothing has ever come close toThe War for Firiona Vie, and the massive events leading up to it.

It was the biggest Good vs Evil battle I've seen in an MMO.
It had all the big EQ characters participating: Lanys, Al'Kabor, Firiona, Galeth, Ykesha, and more I can't remember.

The entire event went on for a couple weeks. Starting with the Trolls waging war on Gukta, and retaking Grobb. Shortly after, Dark Elven and other armies began amassing outside their cities. This led to hordes of baddies marching on good-aligned cities all over Norrath, and even Luclin. They tore through almost every zone in the game, with many bosses with amazing and unique items up for grabs.

Eventually about two weeks later, the War reached the Dreadlands, where the two armies went at it for hours. Shortly after, it extended into Firiona Vie, where the big bads waited to be killed. One even dropped a sword modeled after Seru's Sword of Truth. After even more hours of fighting, the main outpost was eventually taken over by Lanys and co.

It's just something I'll never forget. It was the pinnacle of EQ for me.

At the time, there were massive writeups on each stage of the event from many different players, though there seems to be very little information about this event floating around now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Killing 212 people with our 9 people (8 man with our buffbotted bonedancer running along solo) at some random keep in the Alb frontier. Normally to kill that many people in DAoC you had to catch a raid group all stacked up in a pile with some AE stuns and run in and PBAE the shit out of them. But nope, this was just a straight up 15+ minute fight and they all just kept trying to dislodge us from the keep until they were all dead.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
PvE: Going at RZtW for a week straight, nailing him for the server first, and then reaping the rewards of the elementals. PoP was the start of the modern raid game imo, and it was a shitload of fun to go through.

PvP: When New Frontiers opened in DAoC. Before a lot of people started complaining that they missed the old frontiers, that first weekend was insane with action because of all the players that had built up over time that came back to play for it.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Buff from dwarf priest to put on someone, wich absorb one fear. Pretty op on main tank without pre-emptive knowledge to switch stance
I know what it is. But horde didn't have it, hence the amalgam of horde and hardmode. Apparently I suck at sarcasm or whatever
TrainWreck1.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Relic raids defending against the legion of 13 year old retards from Albion. So good, so fun.

Raign

Golden Squire
Guild vs Guild grudge PvP fights in the unfinished Silithus desert
Oh wow, yeah. That line brought back an amazing PVP memory for me of the AQ gate opening on my server. I was in a small but very solid horde pvp guild on Twisting Nether at the time and we got wind that the two best raid guilds (both Alliance, both large) were going to open AQ that night so we rolled in on their opening party with support from Pact of War (best horde raiders and some of the best pvp'ers as well). Huge amazing battle ensued spanning over probably 3 hours. Server pretty much shit itself.

Thanks for bringing that one to my alcohol addled brain!

Blackwulf

N00b
Without a doubt, PVE and PVP - Darkness Falls in DAOC.

Edit to qualify: PVE only because of that lurking threat of PVP during every big encounter.

Troll_sl

shitlord
DAOC hands-down for PVP. I generally hate PVP, but it got me excited.

Raiding? My first Naggy raid stands out simply for the novelty of it at the time. Favorite? I'd have to go with Black Temple. Other than Illidan's fight seeming a little... anticlimactic once we reached him (we were far from the first wave of raiders), it had some fun fights and interesting bosses.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
PVE:
World-first Gorenaire with the triumvirate of guilds that formed to battle Coterie Nocturne on Cazic-Thule. I was in Cohort Chalybeius, allied with Shadowed Souls and Element of Hate.

I try to explain to friends why three guilds formed an alliance for compete with one guild for bosses and progression in EverQuest, and why I enjoyed it so much. They just don't understand.

PVP: Training other guilds for bosses in EQ was great as well - not so much on the receiving end, however. Put me in the "I've been trained by Cybsled" group, if there is one. I also really enjoyed having double trinkets as an Arcane Mage in vanilla WoW, while it lasted.

Column_sl

shitlord
Its funny to think of how many people we used in EQ to down a boss.

compared to todays 10 mans, and 25 mans

People think 25 mans are too much right now

Bizazedo

Lord Nagafen Raider
PvP - Siege Perilous, and before that the PvP on the normal shards of UO. SP was something special though. Afterwards, DAoC, just because you could legit have groups of 3, 4, 5, 8, take out groups many times their size.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Best PvP - Terrifying lighties in lguk so much they never got to use the zone while I was online. Being an ENC (invis+invis vs undead) meant I could move through the dungeon solo, and then wipe groups with ease by mezzing or killing their healer at the wrong time....
2nd Best PvP - Knowing a guild of lighties had just given up camping jboots clops in OOT I waited to 'welcome' them on the pier in Freeport. Fought 1 vs 6, killed 4 of them before I ran out of mana and fled. Enchanters were totally balanced in PvP!
Worst PvP - Losing a duel to lady daegarmo's necro because he used the clicky that gives you the life->mana syphon, thereby effectively making himself immune to mez. I still maintain that was cheating!
Best PvE + PvP combo - first kill of Lady Vox on Tallon Zek. Had to have several groups of people staying back on PvP defence and we were being trained with giants by several monks the whole time... Was a verrrrrry long night but in the end an awesome one.
Worst PvE - Tallon Zek darkies first night in PoF. Many lost levels, a small handful of corpses lost forever as well (gear lost).. This is also a contender for best PvE night for the same reasons... Ahh the dawn of MMOs when nobody knew how to play....

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
PvE: most of EQ raids, but Emperor Ssra and later on Bertoxx with 39 people (9 were boxed chars) made me literally jump out of my chair. For some reason recovering from very bad attempts in EQ, where 10 out of 50 were alive 1 minute after the pull, has always been a blast. It sucks that it's no longer possible, everything is so scripted and calculated nowadays.
WoW was a ton of fun, the most memorable raid for me remains Karazhan. The zone had an amazing feeling and was really fun for me and my friends.

MattEnth_sl

shitlord
PvE - 25man Heroic Lich King. I made a guild in January from scratch with 3-4 old friends who wanted to raid on a lighter schedule of 3 nights/wk. We went from using PuGs to barely down Marrowgar to getting the US #55 Heroic Lich King kill. All without every breaking out of our 10 hour raid schedule.Imperative Heroic Lich King (25) Nerdgasm - YouTube

PvP - DAoC Relic Raids were pretty outstanding. Even just wandering around Emain was really great. I'd also say getting the texts from my teammates when we had gotten Gladiator was a lot of fun, too.