Your Own Photography

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where was this at and what did you use equip wise?

This weekend were going back up to cabin, hoping to put the 6D through its paces a bit. I wanted to test some shallow DOF panos aka Brenizer Method.

Sorry, don't check this thread often. The first couple pics of the flat area was Craters of the Moon National Park in lower ID. Beautiful but huge and desolate place. Just drove off in to the middle of it and camped on our way up to the mountains of ID for the eclipse. We ended up east of Stanley for the eclipse, no real name to the peak that I know of, just drove until we didn't see people anymore and went up there.

The gear is nothing special actually, just lots of filters ;) Most of the work is actually done by my hiking partner, Nick. He took the photos with me and my girl.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sorry, don't check this thread often. The first couple pics of the flat area was Craters of the Moon National Park in lower ID. Beautiful but huge and desolate place. Just drove off in to the middle of it and camped on our way up to the mountains of ID for the eclipse. We ended up east of Stanley for the eclipse, no real name to the peak that I know of, just drove until we didn't see people anymore and went up there.

The gear is nothing special actually, just lots of filters ;) Most of the work is actually done by my hiking partner, Nick. He took the photos with me and my girl.

I wish I was further west. Some cool sights, mountains, deserts and really dark nights you just cannot get in the east, even in northern MI where we go I think the darkest we ever get is 3 or maybe 2.5 on the Bortle scale, where you guys can get down to 2 and even 1 in some spots in the desert.

Bortle scale - Wikipedia

Light pollution map

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
bS2t0b0.jpg

Corn Moon from the other night.
edit: Or not, guess the harvest moon is in Oct this year.

• 2Like

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got a new NISI v5 filter system and some filters. First time using them. Circular Polarizer, 0.9 Stop ND grad and 10 Stop ND filter used on all these. Was neat making the water "milky". Time was around 6PM so kinda shooting into the Sun so that sucked trying to get the CP tuned in right.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Interesting shot....caught a guy photographing wave curls at sunset. Helluva time timing the shot to match his flash:
2jctqnr.jpg

2mn4uh.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
No, it was a little bigger than a mosquito, but I caught it right as it was flying around his head. He got upset with it and tried to bite it but I unfortunately didn't catch the shot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, it was a little bigger than a mosquito, but I caught it right as it was flying around his head. He got upset with it and tried to bite it but I unfortunately didn't catch the shot.

What prime did ya get?

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice!

Cold weather is setting in haven't been out with the camera much lately because of it. I went to Denver for Dreamhack but couldn't really carve any time out to hit the mountains :/

Lake we came across during my last trip in October. Slight bummer was there was no clear angle to get the water and only the trees. The brush in the bottom half was so close to the shore line i'd have to have gotten into the water :p :

Or5AAj6.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
Decided to try and take some christmas wallpaper type pictures since I've got my tree up.

DSC_0739_smaller.jpg

DSC_0744_smaller.jpg

Than things got a little weird....

DSC_0748_content_aware_smaller.jpg

DSC_0755_content_aware_smaller.jpg

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I've been taking this course on digital photography and I thought others might get some mileage out of it too. It's very well done and highly informative.

Digital Photography

Its an entire semester courses (video lectures, materials, etc.) for free, taught by an instructor who taught a digital photography class at Stanford and at Google at the Mountain View campus

The instructor

I am a Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at Stanford, and Principal Engineer at Google, where I lead a team in Google Research that works on computational photography. Here is my Stanford home page, which includes a list of publications. On my home page is a summary of some of the projects I work on at Google.
If you're looking for my SynthCam app for iOS, here is a link. The app is free and should still work on all iPhones, but be aware that it is no longer maintained.

• 1Like

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Full moon rising the other day. Too cold here in Boston to stay out very long though.
2m6k1nq.jpg

• 1Like