YouTube Channels

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm watching this video from 5 months ago and it only has 189 views. This girl makes some really cool shit.

Goatface

my favorite lesser known channels atm
Bad Obsession Motorsport - on going 6 year project to rebuild a Mini.
Acorn To Arabella - on going 3 year project to build a ship from the ground up
Sampson Boat Co - on going 2 year project to rebuild a sailing ship
Tips from a Shipwright - he has 2 seasons out, built a working skiff and a sport dory, along with other tips, looks like a new season is about to start after a year of nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One reasonably popular channel that might appeal to people here that I haven't seen mentioned is Lindybeige:

Basically an older nerd that does history, medieval combat re-enactment (and for some odd reason) dancing. Maybe a good place to start is the short series where he (with guidance) forges a sword with hand tools. Very down to earth, doesn't try to appear to be smarter than he is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
that "hooligan" isnt going to fuck you, dude.
A football hooligan is violent white trash who pick fights at football matches.

Sargon isn't white trash, isn't violent and doesn't seem into football. He is raising his wife's son though, making him a cuck. He also did embarrass himself on national TV at least three times.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
One reasonably popular channel that might appeal to people here that I haven't seen mentioned is Lindybeige:

Basically an older nerd that does history, medieval combat re-enactment (and for some odd reason) dancing. Maybe a good place to start is the short series where he (with guidance) forges a sword with hand tools. Very down to earth, doesn't try to appear to be smarter than he is.

another good Blacksmithing channel is Alec Steele. His older stuff is him in the UK but he moved to Montana this past year. Really impressive dude, super exuberant!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love William Osman videos. Kinda wholesome goofy engineering.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting Necro. I was looking for some new channels a few months back.

Here are some more educational type channels that I try to keep up with:

History:

Historia Civilis - Mostly focused on Rome, and Roman Culture

BattleBaz - Mostly focused on Medieval Battles, with some modern, and some Japanese thrown in.

King and Generals - Generally battle focused with a strategic view of events leading up to it, throughout history, from modern Arab - Israeli conflicts to the ancient empires before Alexander

American Battlefield Trust - Battles on American soil (got to hunt for the mini Docs for various battles, like the one below)

Historigraph - WW1 & WW2 (mostly)- Small channel, slow to put out videos

Astronomy:

Space Time - A whole bunch of Astrophysics stuff (mostly) - overwhelming amount of (dry) content

Music:

Rousseau - Scrolling piano videos, mostly classical, some modern renditions on Piano

Misc:

Tom Scott - Hard to categorize, I guess its: Randomly explaining or talking about technical things, mostly (also did the serious side of the video Adebisi linked)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looking through this thread, RIP SuperBestFriends
Yeah, that one hurt. Thankfully, they're all still doing their own things on Youtube and/or Twitch. So, may as well add them to the list:

Pat puts his Twitch stream recordings up on Youtube under Pat Stares At.

Matt's at Matt McMuscles.

Woolie's at WoolieVersus.

And Liam puts his stream recordings up at Rising Superstream.

I don't watch much of Liam nowadays, but I watch the other guys to a greater or lesser degree. Pat and Woolie both do fun LPs, and Matt's been doing an interesting series called 'What Happened?' where he looks at the flaming craters of game development history and explains, well, what happened.

May as well also toss in Pat's girlfriend, Paige, who puts up her stream recordings at PeachSaliva. Pat's usually on there as well, and they've got an entertaining dynamic.

Since Lindybeige got brought up, I may as well bring up a couple of my favorite history channels:

I think I mentioned him on a previous post here way back when, but Matt Easton's channel Scholagladiatoria is great. He's a HEMA (historical european martial arts) instructor, antiques dealer, and all-around historical arms and armor nerd, and does videos on historical weapons. He's somewhat specialized on 19th-century european swords, but he's done videos on just about anything that could be labeled "pre-modern weapons".

I'll also mention Modern History TV. He's focused on medieval history, and does videos on all aspects of medieval life.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
wranglestar has shilled out, do not watch

I used to watch him religiously until he got kind of political and preachy, this past weekend I went through and watched some of his tool review videos. They're still good, but it's hard to care about his homesteader message when his background is making serious money in NYC in finance before moving to the country.

Goatface

didn't know about working in finance, just assume he inherited a bunch from his dad. didn't the land come his wife's parents or something?
anyway, i noped out when every other vid was amazon or sponsored product review and he stopped working fires. he has to be making a shit ton with amazon links.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh Astro no. Nononono

Jack is one of the worst YouTube cooks ever.

he was good for a time, he's had a stroke in the past year and lost the use of his right arm. i dont watch anymore because it makes me feel bad

wranglestar has shilled out, do not watch

i watch his reviews still and yeah he has gone way more mainstream than ever, i dont think his videos are monetized anymore so he keeps the money train rolling by doing product placements disguised as reviews. Ave roasts the fuck out of him for doing this and not giving the proper credit that these are paid content commercials. which can also be a tax violation if its not being reported.

youtube has changed a bit over the last few years. the dudes have sold out and the girls have became thots. all to maintain their level of income.