Z NAtion- Coming to Scyfy.

Oldbased

> Than U
What I love about this series is A) It has zombies and shit. B) I completely forget about the series until I stumble on this thread each week and had it set to record the series so I have a surprise nothing is on I can watch this shit I forgot about present each week.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I really like this show despite how awful parts of it are. Unlike some shows that have awful parts/scripts/acting/etc.. this one isn't taking itself seriously, so I can roll my eyes at those parts and then laugh about it. At the same time, it surprises me with how realistic certain plots or reactions are. I.e. the girl going 'amish zombies? Really??' cause that's exactly what I would say in that situation. Or, people not making cliched horror movie mistakes. 'Oh, this place is full of zombies, let's explore it!' instead someone will say something like 'uhh.. fuck that, we can find what we are looking for somewhere else'. Or, the characters in the show don't get surprised by ninja zombies like in walking dead.. I could go on and on.

I'm not saying it's super realistic and has the smartest writing ever, it's very campy, but it doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence in the process. They know when they are being silly and make it obvious so you are in on the joke.

Overall, I enjoy it as a guilty pleasure type of show. It's not the best ever, but I enjoy it.

Ravage

Lord Nagafen Raider
Renewed for season 2
rrr_img_2014.jpg

Ganthorn

N00b
I think I have actually been enjoying this more then Walking Dead lately because it doesn't take itself too seriously. Iradiated zombies. Zombies on speed. And i like the most recent twist with Murphy. Something different then the normal Zombie stuff.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Am I crazy for loving this show? I'm not trying to call it Emmy worthy or anything but by and large I think it's pretty clever and hilarious.

Is anyone else still watching?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watch it. I gave up on it last season, but it is about the only show my yokel coworker watches that I would remotely consider watching, so I kept watching it so we have something else to shoot the shit about on Monday mornings. It has grown on me, but pretty much only because of Murphy. It helps that there aren't really any shows on Friday or Saturday. If those days were jam-packed with great stuff, I might not watch it. Still, I have learned to enjoy it for how purposely terrible it is. Thank God they got rid of the baby though. I like how the rest of the group just doesn't give a fuck that he went off into the woods and came out without a baby.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I too tried to resist liking this show, but got dragged in.

Yes they do some silly arse stuff on the show and there's been some lousy episodes that bugged me . . . but I keep coming back.

Because they do pull something good out of the bag often enough. And of course what they're doing with the Murphy character, and then also with the actor that plays him, really good.

Oh yeah - The most recent episode with the George R. R. Martin cameo was just great. They even gave a dig at him for taking so damn long writing his books.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I get a huge Firefly vibe from the show. Feels kind of like a western. Different personalities make up the main crew. Every episodes sees a serial element involving stereotyped townspeople/bad guys but still continues a main story arc. Episodes end with some hokey morale element. I think it's just pretty clever a lot of the times too.

That comparison falls flat with the acting overall though for sure. They don't have a ton of talent there outside of the guy playing Murphy (leader girl is fine too). Second season has been better though with what I assume is a bigger budget.

Ganthorn

N00b
In a way sometimes I enjoy it more then the walking dead. Not that it is a better show but just it doesn't take itself to seriously.