Zimmerman part 2

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Something is weird. The article says the grand jury is assembled to determine whether trayvon's civil rights were violated? Zimmerman is not responsible for anyone elses civil rights and cant violate them. Da fuk am i reading?

Twilering

Trakanon Raider
Something is weird. The article says the grand jury is assembled to determine whether trayvon's civil rights were violated? Zimmerman is not responsible for anyone elses civil rights and cant violate them. Da fuk am i reading?
This is how you legally try someone for the same offense twice. Since civil rights violations are federal crimes, the federal government can try the case. Different jurisdictions trying the same case doesn't violate double jeopardy. Crazy, I know.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How can a private citizen be tried for violating constitional rights? Sounds like a load of horse shit. Trayvon is still dead though so we still won.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That kid could have been Obamas son, and really who has more experience with violating the constitution than the Obama justice department?

I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories but I think this is Holder trying to get a scalp before he leaves office. Probably not going to be able to get the Ferguson police officer...so why not try and flim flam the zim zam again?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is how you legally try someone for the same offense twice. Since civil rights violations are federal crimes, the federal government can try the case. Different jurisdictions trying the same case doesn't violate double jeopardy. Crazy, I know.
LAWYER LOGIC

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any chance we could get Zimmerman off and the Cop in Ferg off on the same day? Grand Jury appreciation day.

Mark O'Mara? I doubt it. He dropped the Zim as a client in 2013, after the defamation lawsuit

^ google fu

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't OJ lose a civil case for his murders?
That's not the same as the gubmint trying you twice though. For the feds to try zim, they will have to ignore the justified killing aspect of it and instead try to prosecute him for something stupid like harassing T-dawg before being attacked. They might even say he was doing it in his official capacity as the neighborhood watch captain and therefore it was under color of authority. But, I'm pretty sure they have no jurisdiction for the killing. Not unless T-dawg was a government official or it happened on federal property.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Good luck considering he was following the orders of the 911 operator the whole time. Maybe we should put the operator on trial.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
You haven't realised that's the point of this yet?
Wow. I knew you were a little slow butman.

Floridafucked upso now the Feds are going to put the hurt on everyone involved starting with Zimmerman but it sure as hell isn't going to end with him.