ZyyzYzzy and the Future of Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I blame Russia. My sources who are familiar with @a_skeleton_03's thinking say he regrets even hosting this place and would rather use the drive space to host pictures of cats.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The only post I saw before the rollback, was him saying Cad was a cunt, a_skeleton_03 was going insane about reports he was generating, and him asking to be removed form amod.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He then cut and pasted the report.

You were literally told that he posted private information.

There was no threat that he was going to. He did it. Specifically to force my hand to demote him.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'd say what I said that made him call me a cunt, but it'd be posting reports. Lol.

What I said was so innocuous it's obvious that he's just fucking deranged.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I am going to repost the two messages I sent the moderators. The first one is before the vote and everyone of them agreed to it.

So there is going to be two things that are required of the moderators.

I need you to agree to these now before we hold the vote.

They are quite simple and I don't think anyone is going to have any issues.

There will be no responses in this conversation you will instead post this following line and this following line only to your thread that you already have.

Yes, I agree to the moderator code of conduct. Any violations of it will result in my immediate removal from power.

That is all. You will not discuss it in any way after that, it's a done deal. The admins also are agreeing to the same thing. If you really need to talk about it you can PM me but this isn't something to go crying about to the entire forum.

1.) I will have email notifications turned on for conversations (private messages).
2.) I will never argue with my fellow moderator or admin about admin/moderation in the public eye.

You can argue with them about politics or whether the sky is blue or anything else. In private in the report center or PM's or wherever you can argue with them all day long but we are going to go forward from now on with at least a show of solidarity.

I vow right now to do the same exact two things, 1 is already done and 2 will be from this day forward.

I wanted to wait until I thought everyone was done putting in their candidacy before I sent it out.

This is the one the day that they got promoted that all of them agreed to as well.

Welcome to the first day of your term.

You have all agreed to the code of conduct and so have all the administrators and myself.

Now for what is expected of you. It is really quite simple.

1.) When you see a red icon on the report center you go deal with it immediately
2.) Make a decision on it quickly, post a comment if you need to discuss it first
3.) Notify the admin team right away if you need them to do something about a report
4.) When you resolve or reject a report explain why to the user through the notification system
5.) If there is an appeal you start a thread immediately when you see it

You will see all the tools in the report center for what you need. I will be posting a tutorial thread later and asking you all to acknowledge reading it.

I am warning you know that myself and at least one of the other moderators report things we see. We report it like any other user. You make the call on what we report just as if we are any other user. What we are doing is bringing things to your attention you might not have seen. You should be doing the same thing. Just because we report it doesn't mean you have to agree with it but you do need to explain to us why you are ruling the way you are just like any other user.

I don't care if you ran on some hands off platform you will take reports from the grown up forums more seriously than any others. This doesn't mean you have to issue warnings and delete posts non stop. It doesn't mean every slightly off topic post needs to be moved to the shaw. It just means that if it's slightly edgy and someone has reported it you need to really lean more towards whomever reported it. It is a safer space. You don't have to pull a tarrant and read every thread and start handing out multiple infractions all over the place. Just take reports from there a lot more seriously at all. Examples of things that wouldn't fly there that would everywhere else on the forum: personal direct attacks, blatant racism, nonstop stalking of a user, joking about a users kids in a serious thread, things like that.

A notification back to the user is done every time you close out a report and these will be useful to the user and not just replies back with "lol" or "fuck off" or "don't be a pussy". They will be more like "not actually breaking the rules" or "don't agree this post is attacking that user". Usable information in some way.

This is really a simple job and none of you will be fired over disagreeing with an admin. If you don't do your job or blatantly just break all those basic rules then you will get demodded. It really takes no time to actually respond to a report.

What probably none of you know is that there was a permission I had set wrong that allowed a moderator to issue a warning to a user in only one sub forum. One of the moderators within an hour or two immediately abuse that loophole and gave a warning to a user he specifically dislikes. He wasn't demoted, there wasn't drama all over the forum. The permission was fixed and everyone moved on.

THAT is what we are trying to ensure. That you never need to fear them doing stupid shit to your account or forums. You should be able to completely forget the are here yet the site still runs smooth.

This is why the admins don't show up in the staff online box. The user flair is only there in case a newer person doesn't know they are staff and get a PM or they pop into a thread to explain something they can realize right away it's official. Or I would even remove the flair as well and the user name coloring.

• 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
You guys actually have a don't talk about fight club rule?

Good luck with that faggotry.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
From what I've seen of the staff we vote in every six months, I'm surprised there isn't a full NDA with a drug screening.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Drug tests only catch pot smokers anyway and who gives a flying shit if someone is smoking pot?

Its the heroin junkies and meth addicts that you want to catch and good luck with a drug test catching them.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Drug tests only catch pot smokers anyway and who gives a flying shit if someone is smoking pot?

Its the heroin junkies and meth addicts that you want to catch and good luck with a drug test catching them.

You generally don't need a drug test to do it though. Junkies usually out themselves.

Unless you're talking about heavy machine operators. And you can test for that stuff. Just not with a standard piss test. So at that point you have to decide which is more expensive. Hiring a junkie on accident who misses three shifts and you fire him, or lab time for blood and hair samples.

Oldbased

> Than U
Zyyy is the new Malagant. Yet Camelot lives.

Malagant_5.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are seriously fucking crying that there were two rules? Fucking two rules to follow for moderators and people still cry about it. Bunch of fucking fake outrage faggots.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
All I know is you fuckers that elected a raftcoon and the site goes to shit, coincidence? I think not!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.