ZyyzYzzy and the Future of Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was under the impression he was setting this up so the site has multiple leaders and under a LLC to protect himself and his 14 jobs from the constant media, privacy, racial, terroristic and scam behavior/threads/posts that occur here.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It didn't play a role, Zyyz was always going to blow up over things not being his way or being up to par (see: every post he's ever made) it was just hilarious that he picked the very first thing to go to the mattresses over and it was a complete non-issue.

"Being reasonable" is a very rare talent these days, apparently.

Z isn't a serious poster and he probably realized pretty quickly he doesn't want to take moderating seriously so he picked the first thing to come along to get himself thrown out over.

May have been subconscious but that's what was going on. The responsibility was too much hassle for him to deal with.

Oldbased

> Than U
Moderation requires work. If I was a moderator I would feel obligated to do as much as I can and as fairly as possible.
I've been one in communities, forums and streamers. It is exactly why I don't run and never wish to be one again anyplace.
It is a thankless part that never pays anything and ruins the environment in which you were drawn to in the first place and people just give you grief for it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ╯╲___卐卐卐卐 Now if you will excuse me I have to go take my mods for a walk.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I like Zyy, I have stated this countless times. I voted for him every time he ran.

I love that I explained everything to you and you have zero rebuttal. Again.

I have written you a wall of text maybe a half dozen times. You never ever ever refute anything said in them. You can't. It's all true.
Who do you like more, ZyyzYzzy or AngryGerbil?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who do you like more, ZyyzYzzy or AngryGerbil?
I like them both.

@AngryGerbil makes great points in a lot of threads. He came in here and talked about Ferguson as somebody in the community also which was a good perspective. He just refused to do a job he volunteered for. If he never brings it up again it won't be discussed and I don't hold a grudge against him for it. Don't come making absolute bullshit claims though and not expect a wall of text explaining my side.

@ZyyzYzzy is a great poster also. We have had plenty of debate in the past. I thought he was going to take the job more seriously. He alone does not get to dictate what can be discussed in his presence though. He doesn't get to just break the rules he volunteered to follow and then take a victory lap posting whatever private stuff he wants to take out of context.

I have also been guilded with both of them at different times in WoW interestingly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So very true. It is so little work if you just take a few seconds to take it serious.

Report comes in, I open it, take five seconds to see if I agree or not. Respond to the user with why I agree or not and resolve or reject it based on that. Tell an admin if I need them to take an action. Done.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
a_skeleton_03s post was nice and Gerbils answer was weak as fuck. I side with the crazy piss christian this time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I like them both.

@AngryGerbil makes great points in a lot of threads. He came in here and talked about Ferguson as somebody in the community also which was a good perspective. He just refused to do a job he volunteered for. If he never brings it up again it won't be discussed and I don't hold a grudge against him for it. Don't come making absolute bullshit claims though and not expect a wall of text explaining my side.

@ZyyzYzzy is a great poster also. We have had plenty of debate in the past. I thought he was going to take the job more seriously. He alone does not get to dictate what can be discussed in his presence though. He doesn't get to just break the rules he volunteered to follow and then take a victory lap posting whatever private stuff he wants to take out of context.

I have also been guilded with both of them at different times in WoW interestingly.

I like this shit. What do you think of me?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I like this shit. What do you think of me?
Good, hardworking man. You take sports way too seriously but that's probably how you were raised. The problem I have with you though is you think you are hilarious no matter what you do. Your jokes 99% of the time aren't funny. If you aren't trolling with all the bitching you do about me you should take a minute to actually type out a well thought out post asking what you want done or explaining what your view is. I know you think you are hilarious but your constant jabs don't hurt me, they do hurt the unity of the community though.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The unity of the community...
What is your issue with the statement?

Do you think it unifies the board as a whole to have a half dozen people that troll and gripe and bitch and whine no matter what decisions are made?

Do you think everyone is just loving that there are stupid comments in the side bar and every thread here bitching about the staff?

It doesn't, he can do what he wants and so can you but bitching just to bitch and be seen doesn't help unify the community. Just like I said.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I find that jabbing at the message board staff is what unites the rest of us.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Z isn't a serious poster and he probably realized pretty quickly he doesn't want to take moderating seriously so he picked the first thing to come along to get himself thrown out over.

May have been subconscious but that's what was going on. The responsibility was too much hassle for him to deal with.

I was amod at the same time as Zyy.

I want to vouch he took it seriously, his disagreements with management could have been because he took it too seriously. But he helped maned the amod fort.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah Zyy took it seriously, just he felt he was going to call the shots no matter what and disagreeing with him was not an option. If you did disagree with him you were a cunt and you were going to be told that a thousand times every place it could be shouted from.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What is your issue with the statement?

Do you think it unifies the board as a whole to have a half dozen people that troll and gripe and bitch and whine no matter what decisions are made?

Do you think everyone is just loving that there are stupid comments in the side bar and every thread here bitching about the staff?

It doesn't, he can do what he wants and so can you but bitching just to bitch and be seen doesn't help unify the community. Just like I said.

Well, I just find the idea of this community being in unity a bit silly. Also, it's fun to say those two words together.

However, I think the capricious actions of various amods, admins, and site owner have had a far greater effect on any vague sense of community unity than Uber ever could or any other complainer. That's just the nature of it, since he or others like him don't have power. Do you think only the people who say something regularly are ones who find things annoying? I doubt all the silent people agree with you. You say you want consistency and that would be an awesome thing but it's not something that has yet really manifested itself here from the powerful -- yet. Your code of conduct is probably a good step in that direction.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.