12 year olds stab friend to prove Slender Man is real

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The best part is slenderman was "made up" only a few years ago. He is not in any folklore or anything.

12 year old girls are stupid though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Article_sl said:
Weier told police that Slender Man is the "leader" of Creepypasta, and in the hierarchy of that world, one must kill to show dedication. Weier said that Geyser told her they should become "proxies" of Slender Man - a paranormal figure known for his ability to create tendrils from his fingers and back - and kill their friend to prove themselves worthy of him. Weier said she was surprised by Geyser's suggestion, but also excited to prove skeptics wrong and show that Slender Man really did exist.
Geyser said they had to do it or "he would kill our family." When asked who "he" was, Geyser said she didn't know him. When asked what she was trying to do when she stabbed her friend, Geyser said, "I may as well just say it: Kill her."

When asked about Slender Man, Geyser said she had never met him but said he watches her and he can read minds and teleport. Geyser said what she did was "probably wrong." She asked a detective if it is illegal to stab someone in self-defense. The detective said sometimes, and asked her if that was what happened in this instance.
Oh man, I hope the victim is okay.
slender-man-real-photo.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm glad they're being charged as adults and I hope it doesn't get moved into juvenile court (although it probably will). Also, how inept do you have to be to stab someone 19 times and not kill them?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad they're being charged as adults and I hope it doesn't get moved into juvenile court (although it probably will). Also, how inept do you have to be to stab someone 19 times and not kill them?
Unless you know what you are doing it is very possible to stab somebody a seriously large amount of times without killing them at least immediately. Also being 12 they are probably lacking the arm strength to really penetrate to some of the most vulnerable areas if they are stabbing at the chest or back. Given the one they were stabbing was conscious and presumably trying to defend herself I would guess a lot of the stabs wound up being blocked or partially blocked by her hands/arms.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
From the article it sounds like they really choked at the end and had a bunch of false starts. Good thing too.

spronk

FPS noob
what is slender man?
a few years ago on somethingawful there was a thread about making up a horror myth/story, some dude came up with a big backstory and made up slenderman - slow moving guy who stalks his victims in the dark and murders them. He later developed a few games and stuff for it, it became huge on mobile phones. Its basically a tall stick guy and you never see his face.

i don't get the charged as adult thing though, what they did was seriously fucked up but how do you charge a 12 year old as an adult. be interesting to see all the SJWs on reddit react to 2 girls doing some fucked up shit though

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If only we had stricter knife control laws and put razor wire fences around all of our parks, this tragedy would never have happened.

Someone need to get the ball rolling...

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is a classic case of young female failure-to-check-privilege-hate syndrome gone unchecked. Note the attackers use of phallic weapons, and desire to "penetrate" the victim to death using said weapons. Without a doubt the victim will have a more slender frame than the attackers ( anti-fatty rage disorder ). Their worship of this "Slender Man" is a testament to the self loathing of the attackers' pudginess, and their hatred of anyone more 'slender' than themselves. I suspect many such 'gods' to be manufactured in the near future by more troubled children.

Most likely their delusions revolve around the belief that should they sacrifice a more slender person to their god, it would bestow them with a slimmer physique. Though they would be insane to conceive or even think of such a thing. Ironically, in prison they will be surrounded by the very body-type they hate most, and despite what supreme gentle-ladies they consider themselves I doubt they will be treated well.

They probably also had ADD and/or ADHD, as they originally had a more logical plan for the murder but they were distracted and went roller skating instead.

Wearing black rimmed glasses deliberately, being remorseless killers, and engaging in the outmoded pastime of roller skating also suggests Feral or perhaps Violent HipsterDouche Syndrome.

I'm leaning toward Feral due to their place of residence.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
i don't get the charged as adult thing though, what they did was seriously fucked up but how do you charge a 12 year old as an adult. be interesting to see all the SJWs on reddit react to 2 girls doing some fucked up shit though
Planning to murder someone is a very grown-up thing to do.

iannis

Musty Nester
While that is crazy fucked up, I don't think they need to be charged as adults. They're 12 years old. If the juvenille system is incapable of handling serious offenses then why does it even exist?

There's obviously more than one problem here. No need to pile it on in a bid to get re-elected.

iannis

Musty Nester
It is. But at the same time that goes to their mental development. A 12 year olds concept of murder is so far removed from what murder actually is that I hesitate to commit to saying the word-symbol represents the same thing.

They probably will go to juvenille court.

If they were 16 I'd have no trouble with it whatsoever. If they were 14/15 I'd be iffy about it.

At 12 years old there is just the physical fact of pre-frontal development that you need to consider. That's what juvie is supposedly for, to make those sort of considerations.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Planning to murder someone based on a fairy tale is not a very grown up thing to do. Unless that fairy tale is a religion, then it's a VERY grown up thing to do.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I have no issue with their being charged as adults. The capacity for empathy develops long before the age of 12 and these are the types of people who would drown their children or poison their husbands.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have no problem charging them as adults because they're fucking idiots.

At 12 I knew not to stab people to death, and surely I wouldn't have done it based on a mythical figure.

Here's to hoping they get what they deserve in prison.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Planning to murder someone based on a fairy tale is not a very grown up thing to do. Unless that fairy tale is a religion, then it's a VERY grown up thing to do.
To be fair to these girls, the Slender Man is far more believable than most religions.