12 year olds stab friend to prove Slender Man is real

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every single one of those quotes is actually positive and/or hopeful....

If I hadassaulted someone while wielding a fucking firearm(the one of your examples who mentioned his conviction) and then been locked up in prison, yeah I'd probably take $10.50 an hour instead of going back inside.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Every single one of those quotes is actually positive and/or hopeful....

If I hadassaulted someone while wielding a fucking firearm(the one of your examples who mentioned his conviction) and then been locked up in prison, yeah I'd probably take $10.50 an hour instead of going back inside.
You're missing the point. I'm not even sure why I bother given it's fairly obvious you have no desire to look at the entire picture. The point about hope is that as I said in my previous post these people still have it despite no serious prospects in life. Think of all the other people out there who have given up who are stealing or slinging drugs right this moment, and not out posting about jobs on the internet...

As for the firearm case there's really nothing to say. 99% of the cases out there are going to be completely foreign to you thus you would have no ability to empathize with them regardless of what happened. If it was assault with a knife, or a even a rock would that make a difference to you? Is the guy who threatens to bash your head in instead of blow it off suddenly more work place friendly? As the guy said in his post it was his first offense. We don't know what happened. Maybe his best friend was fucking his girlfriend when he walked in the door. Does that even matter to you? No of course it doesn't, because just like the employers out there you're judging his entire life based on what happened in a 5-15 minute time frame, and a line on a piece of paper called his criminal record.

Notice he served two years in jail. Obviously the prosecutor and judge thought that was sufficient punishment. It appears he's trying to live his life the right way now and instead of being given an opportunity to do so he has to fight ten times as hard as a regular individual so he can do hard labor welding... I'm all for punishing him with the jail time and a brief stint of supervision after being released, but what the fuck is the point of penalizing him for the rest of his life? If anything the guy really emphasizes what I'm talking about. He is trying to encourage everyone to keep hope alive instead of giving up. Do you honestly think after reading a post like his that records don't effect recidivism?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i love how in the liberal point of view, the murderers and rapists of the world are the victims in life, and the employers creating jobs and trying to earn an honest living are the scum of the earth.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i love how in the liberal point of view, the murderers and rapists of the world are the victims in life, and the employers creating jobs and trying to earn an honest living are the scum of the earth.
Nobody believes that. Your mischaracterization of reasonable opinions only slays yourself.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Isnt that slenderman bullshit all started by somethingawful goons?
Yes. They had a 'make a horror / folklore / ghost story" and the slenderman was created for that. Pretty retarded to drink the koolaid over a 5 year old fictional story.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I still don't know why we can't have the death penalty for minors. If they want to spice it up or make it more entertaining they could have the person who does the injection dress up as slenderman (whoever that is) and do it. Then he would be real.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand what rehab will accomplish with this case. They'll never work at any reasonably meaningful company, never integrate into any meaningful social circles, likely never get any secondary education except online colleges. I mean best case they can be motivational speakers on the dangers of trying to kill your friends as a preteen. That's the reality with shit like this. This doesn't go away like a possession charge from eight years ago that can explain you had a rut after a vicious divorce to your interviewer. Thankfully criminal past isn't a protected class yet...
I like how you listed the corporate job as the number 1. Is that what defines the value of a person the most? Their paycheck?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like how you listed the corporate job as the number 1. Is that what defines the value of a person the most? Their paycheck?
I think his point was less about the size of their paycheck and more about their ability to earn a wage by working in society and thus avoid being a monetary burden on society. I'd much rather have a dude be a lifeless cog in a machine than a social butterfly bumming money off the government and everyone he knows.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I work in mental health and deal with a lot of guys fresh out of prison. Many of these guys would have less trouble finding work if they didn't have prison tattoos on their necks and faces.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unfortunately, the tats are what probably reduced the odds of them being cornholed or shanked while they were in the joint, so catch 22.

spronk

FPS noob
just get a temporary tattoo that says GOTZ DA AIDS and u prob wont get buttfucked

although in a bitter ironic twist maybe someone with aids will rape you, then you will actually get aids. hmmm my plan is not foolproof

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Uhh no, but what are you going to do if you can't get a job, go to school, join any organizations, etc.? Idleness will create recidivism if nothing else.

I mean, I hire people with past felonies/misdemeanors from time to time... but I'd never hire anyone convicted of attempted murder or similarly serious violent convictions. Just isn't worth the risk. Assault charge 7 years ago? Maybe, depends on the interview and you better bet I'm going to ask.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yes. They had a 'make a horror / folklore / ghost story" and the slenderman was created for that. Pretty retarded to drink the koolaid over a 5 year old fictional story.
People do far worse over fictional stories hundreds or thousands of years old. Is fiction more believable if it comes from a foriegn language scroll than a message board?

Oh, fuck, thats right, for millions of people it is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People do far worse over fictional stories hundreds or thousands of years old. Is fiction more believable if it comes from a foriegn language scroll than a message board?

Oh, fuck, thats right, for millions of people it is.
Uh, of course it is.