Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Elsa will die in Montana and will be the reason Montana will be the land the father is tied to, a call back to Sams words. I wouldn't be shocked if Sam upon not seeing her return ends up finding the Duttons only to learn his Lightning is gone.
I would fap to this

Oldbased

> Than U
Great show no matter what you eels say. Finale was decent. I think Episode 7 is the only one I lost interest any.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
First of all, Episodes 7 and 8 were absolute trash. Episode 9 was much better and of similar quality as episodes prior to 7. The finale was mostly ok but parts of it were hacky as fuck. First the obvious sad moments were done well enough to do exactly what they intended to do and pull at the heart strings. But the magical cannibal joggers that appear out of nowhere to provide guidance and to drop a few lines to tie into a tiny flashback in the Yellowstone show? Hacky bullshit. And also, did it really have to end that darkly? Also who knew joggers made such excellent surgeons? Barely any blood! So while the show was good, it wasnt as good as it seemed to be in the beginning. 6/10.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched 4 season of yellowstone and 1 episode of 1883.

Sounds like spinoff is dog shit and should spend time researching history.

I loved Yellowstone. My History was dealing with fake indians ect. Any good books/movies that aren't bias sounds like fun while stuck in bed

When I say fake indians they were pale like they hadn't seen the sun in their life. They all were from Montana

Last edited:

Animosity

Thought the finale was really well done. Probably the best episode of the season. Season 2 should be pretty interesting.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah 8 good episodes and 2 bad episodes. Ending was not standard Hollywood shit so that was good. Luck ran out for everyone. One of the better shows on tv.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Thought the finale was really well done. Probably the best episode of the season. Season 2 should be pretty interesting.
Technically not a season two for them, but an extension to S1. Tomato Potato...more episodes for us.

I liked the ending, thought for a second that they were going to lead her up to the hot springs Costner used after being shot.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Episode was only okay because the last couple were so bad. Really fucked this show by going too overwrought with the chick stuff. Undermined the end, and no way it holds up well for a rewatch.

Thomas and the Gypsy were more interesting. Captain Shea's emotional arc and closure was more interesting. Even one leg became an interesting, but neglected character.

And the best part was always the trials of the trail and the west as a sort of manifested character, but they just yadda yadda-ed over surviving the winter and somehow a group of two men, a gypsy, two kids and an amputee making it safely to Oregon.

Pacing sucked, both in individual episodes and overall. Was somehow constantly too slow, but with progression that was too fast. Having to constantly state the passage of time because it just wasn't felt.

More wise, benevolent Indians show up to save the day. Did a single Indian do a single negative thing the entire show that wasn't justified or provoked?

Still one of the better shows in recent years because Hollywood sucks so bad, but still fell prey to too many trappings of the retarded industry and place we're in socially that I can't say it was a good show, just the best of so many terrible ones.

• 1Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My biggest issue with the finale is how they treated the caravan itself. The show was heavily about these people and the difficulties they went went through and all of it ended the way it did? A throw away line and a throw away scene? Hacky bullshit.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it was too fast and too slow at the same time. Maybe they should have watched Wagon Train and taken notes. When they veered into something possibly good they told that story in a, I'm not sure how to put it, new Hollywood feminist ideal way? Almost harlequin romance? The Indians were as unrealistic as they were in the 50s except in the opposite direction. At least they weren't Italians.

I'm not upset that it isn't going to have a bunch of seasons, my wife is though and that says everything.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My biggest issue with the finale is how they treated the caravan itself. The show was heavily about these people and the difficulties they went went through and all of it ended the way it did? A throw away line and a throw away scene? Hacky bullshit.

Pacing issues. Show is slow and lingering on so many overwrought scenes talking philosophy with Indians or the girl suffering, but then also just wraps up the entire premise of the show in a few quick scenes.

But she clarified it was okay because you gotta know when people are doomed and tell them to fuck off and die. Which is perhaps generally sound advice in the pioneering west, but just seemed sociopathic in this instance because the reason they would die is by being abandon by the only handful of competent men.

More dangerous than ever at the fort of thieves... Cya later cowboys hope you make it back to Texas! Voice-over: they gonna die, obvs!

Thankfully in 6 months not a single pioneer learned a bit of sense and the rest agreed to just ride off alone to their deaths because they probably wanted to trim down the cast so it worked out fine.

The important thing is to appreciate how much life is lived through 6 months of whoring on the plains. We should all be so lucky!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finale was basically:

1646172335758.png

Animosity

Word is there won’t be anymore episodes of 1883 now. Sheridan wanted it to be a mini series and says the story he wanted to tell is told.

Oldbased

> Than U
Sad if true. With the whore gone, it would have been nice to have a 2022/2023 little house on the prairie type building season. Cheaper too to film than season 1 would have been.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
On reflection, I don't think they actually explained to the German wagon train folks what the danger was. At least not on camera. I mean, it wasnt just the usual dangers of the trail. There was a very specific reason why they all needed to get the fuck out right away. When the Germans said they didnt want to come along the main team was just like "ok fine have it your way".

With all the rapin and killin and pretending to be dead in the last wagon caravan scene, I was thinking "yeah I don't think they even knew this was coming". Might have chosen a different place to part ways if they knew the revenge possy was on the way.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Word is there won’t be anymore episodes of 1883 now. Sheridan wanted it to be a mini series and says the story he wanted to tell is told.

Why would they have ever talked about more episodes if that was the story we was going to tell all along? Was he just writing cold every episode, not sure how many it would take?

My guess, he knows the wheels came off and wants to cut his losses and move on. Which is fine and probably smart, because the country singers weren't going to carry a show about themselves. And no point in digging a deeper hole for this show.

And doing a spinoff about Thomas and the Gypsy, the most interesting surviving characters, would sort of admit they were focusing on the wrong characters for season one.

Not sure why anyone would keep watching. The story he wanted to tell was indeed told, it's just unfortunate it started to suck.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
On reflection, I don't think they actually explained to the German wagon train folks what the danger was. At least not on camera. I mean, it wasnt just the usual dangers of the trail. There was a very specific reason why they all needed to get the fuck out right away. When the Germans said they didnt want to come along the main team was just like "ok fine have it your way".

With all the rapin and killin and pretending to be dead in the last wagon caravan scene, I was thinking "yeah I don't think they even knew this was coming". Might have chosen a different place to part ways if they knew the revenge possy was on the way.

Yeah, that's why her narration about some people being doomed and you just have to let them die was sociopathic. They were doomed because they killed deputies, however corrupt, and would be hunted.

Really, seems intentional to send the wagons as a decoy. And it worked since nobody pursued the Dutton group. Girl empowerment!

Probably just sloppy, rushed writing, though. And I read an interview with a producer bragging about how Sheridan doesn't use other writers and refuses to do any rewrites, which explains a lot.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
But unless someone opened their mouth why would the fort have any reason to believe the wagon train killed the deputies. The deputies were hunting indians and found them. If the dozen deputies couldn't fend off 3 old war vets what makes you think they would survive that large indian hunting party. The wagon train was fucked because they were in lawless territory without even the slightest appearance of resistance. Same reason the Oklahoma bandits picked off the stragglers rather than face the unknown skills of James, Shea, Thomas, and the cowboys.

Oldbased

> Than U
I will eventually go back and watch it all together. When I do I'll try and tally up how many died to wagon/horse accidents, rattlesnakes, gunshot, arrows and so on.
Almost every episode had bits where they warned them of the dangers including the water, snakes, and shit in the first episode.
What is funny is they took the risk because they couldn't afford a train but it was a few hundred bucks to do it by wagon.
Lots of people today would have an issue raising up $200 in an emergency 140 years later.

• 1Like