phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Every thread in the TV forum turns into a bitchfest after the first few episodes. Long posts from people who have nothing interesting to say and everyone hates all the female characters. The real idiot is me for continuing to come here and expecting anything different.

That's not entirely true to begin with. There's a bunch of TV threads that aren't purely bitchfests and a couple that are mostly positive except for a couple obvious trolls. I'd say most the TV threads range from folks bleating "meh" to theorycrafting to the occasional random acclaim like with Arcane.

Even this thread started out with folks gushing about the first few episodes and particularly about Isabel May. If you get why people got turned around on that opinion, then you shouldn't have been expecting anything other than the backlash.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode wasnt as bad as the last few. The big gun fight was pretty dumb though. How can no one hit anyone.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't get the complaining about complaining theme.

What are we supposed to do, just chime in "I like this show" once a week? Thatd be an interesting discussion. Actually, I kind of assume everyone not posting about it, but watching, is in that camp. "I like this show". They just don't bother to say it cause its boring and pointless to add.

I mean, ever watch cooking shows? Judges don't just go around the table saying "I liked this". "Yeah, me too".

Its an exceptional show that can provoke worthwhile or entertaining discussions about how great it is. Most shows have enough flaws the discussion is inevitably going to focus on the flaws.

Fuck, its like complaining about derails

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't get the complaining about complaining theme.

What are we supposed to do, just chime in "I like this show" once a week? Thatd be an interesting discussion. Actually, I kind of assume everyone not posting about it, but watching, is in that camp. "I like this show". They just don't bother to say it cause its boring and pointless to add.

I mean, ever watch cooking shows? Judges don't just go around the table saying "I liked this". "Yeah, me too".

Its an exceptional show that can provoke worthwhile or entertaining discussions about how great it is. Most shows have enough flaws the discussion is inevitably going to focus on the flaws.

Fuck, its like complaining about derails

Come on dude. You're just playing dumb here. I know you don't think the only non-negative thing to say about a show is "I like this". Don't act like a simpleton with this weak-ass straw man. I'm not saying no one should criticize anything, but these threads just devolve into the same few people saying the same things over and over and in the case of some people just repeating the same shit they complain about all day long in the politics threads.

The thing that I don't understand is people who clearly hate a show but insist on watching it week after week and then posting a diatribe about every little thing they didn't like. If you think the show sucks, fucking watch something else. WTF do you get from watching a bad show every week and then spending even more time on it by writing some long post about how terrible it is. No one's forcing you to watch. There has to be something better to do with your time.

You could say the same about me reading this thread, but I don't think it has to be like this. Usually early in the season there's lots of discussion about the show but then once 2 or 3 people start shitting on it then the rest of the discussion goes away.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty convinced a lot of people are watching the show in hope that the main actress busts out a boob. It's hard to imagine another reason.

• 1Solidarity

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Come on dude. You're just playing dumb here. I know you don't think the only non-negative thing to say about a show is "I like this". Don't act like a simpleton with this weak-ass straw man. I'm not saying no one should criticize anything, but these threads just devolve into the same few people saying the same things over and over and in the case of some people just repeating the same shit they complain about all day long in the politics threads.

The thing that I don't understand is people who clearly hate a show but insist on watching it week after week and then posting a diatribe about every little thing they didn't like. If you think the show sucks, fucking watch something else. WTF do you get from watching a bad show every week and then spending even more time on it by writing some long post about how terrible it is. No one's forcing you to watch. There has to be something better to do with your time.

You could say the same about me reading this thread, but I don't think it has to be like this. Usually early in the season there's lots of discussion about the show but then once 2 or 3 people start shitting on it then the rest of the discussion goes away.

Complains about "Long posts from people who have nothing interesting to say." Replies with a long, uninteresting post. Can't explain that.

Nobody is keeping anyone from discussing any fucking thing they want with the show.

Fuuuck, stop being a limp dicked, chick-man. That's when threads turn to shit. When pussy chick-men start menstruating all over the thread about how people aren't saying nice things or discussing a show the way they should.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

So your complaint is that the discussion about the shows flaws becomes repetitive with the same people saying the same things over and over?

I mean, I guess I get that in terms of not being interested in reading the discussion, but isnt this pattern just happening because ... the show suffers from the same flaws week after week? Increasingly, actually.

I will say though,
this week they for the first time suggested that there may be something Mary Sue Dutton's yellow hair can't beat - infection. Lets see if they have the guts to stick with it or have her somehow overcome getting gut shot by a dirty arrow.

Maybe she'll just fuck the bacteria and beat them that way, this seems to be her ace in the hole

• 2Worf

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
So your complaint is that the discussion about the shows flaws becomes repetitive with the same people saying the same things over and over?

I mean, I guess I get that in terms of not being interested in reading the discussion, but isnt this pattern just happening because ... the show suffers from the same flaws week after week? Increasingly, actually.

I will say though,
this week they for the first time suggested that there may be something Mary Sue Dutton's yellow hair can't beat - infection. Lets see if they have the guts to stick with it or have her somehow overcome getting gut shot by a dirty arrow.

Maybe she'll just fuck the bacteria and beat them that way, this seems to be her ace in the hole
She’s narrating the show. Unless she’s narrating a memoir from her deathbed (option 1), she survives (option 2)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
She’s narrating the show. Unless she’s narrating a memoir from her deathbed (option 1), she survives (option 2)
I get that, but the narration could be her journal or something.

I'd say theres no way they would be so unrealistic as to have her survive that except I've been watching all season.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I get that, but the narration could be her journal or something.

I'd say theres no way they would be so unrealistic as to have her survive that except I've been watching all season.
There was an episode of yellowstone that had an opening where they were in a cabin (presumably in Montana) and she wasnt in it. Taking the show at face, if they really stop where she died, explains why they stopped in montana rather than finishing the Oregon Trail.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, even though we saw her get shot in the first episode, I didn't see them killing her off. Since they're in Wyoming already though, the whole thing about "We'll stay where she's buried but not here" sort of makes sense if they take her up to Montana and establish a homestead there.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If she doesn’t drop dead this show will end up being absolute garbage.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If she dies and the show keeps going on I’ll be happy. Her narration makes me want to cut my ears off. That fake accent is just too cringe.

• 2Solidarity

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
They've already bought season two of 1883, plus another series in 1932. Obviously no clue yet about narration or who lives and dies. I agree, her death makes all the talk about Oregon but really Montana make more sense.

Other than her accent and plot lines I think Elsa is a fine actress. Sheridan's always been good at characters and dialog but I think she's doing a good job bringing all that to life. To tell you the truth though, I could damn near watch a show about 5 year old John getting into mischief with the backdrop of starting a ranch in Montana.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
1932 might be an interesting time. Most of the homesteaders came to Montana in the 1920's and then went broke and left in the 30's dust bowl. I imagine John Dutton II would have been a kid then and they would have been building up the giant ranch they have now? The early (pre-1900) ranchers took advantage of open range but once the homesteaders and barbed wire showed up that didn't work so well anymore. Those early ranchers also severely overgrazed thinking they could run cattle like they did in the midwest. Even though a homestead in Montana was 320 acres, that's still not enough to make a living most places and a lot of ground got turned over that was never meant to be farmed and those farmers found out why shortly. There were wars between cattlemen and sheepherders too and everyone fought over land near water. There's a story from my area where a group of cattle ranchers went out and clubbed 2000 sheep to death to send a message to the sheepherders that they weren't welcome.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm just glad she stopped the Indians from killing everyone because she was the best warrior.

Another Indian was not only smart enough to learn English, but also articulate enough to explain all that about warrior girl and implications of her injury and the need for medical aide... buuuuuut not so smart he thought to ask a wagon train of mostly pathetic immigrants if on a whim they happened to murder and rape women and children in front of their own women and children.

Thankfully the Indians were provoked into that little misunderstanding. Noblest of savages status still in effect.

Was it common after 50 years of wagon trains for indians to set up camp right next to the trail?

This show is a "can't explain that" meme.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
When Elsa did the thing where she beat her chest and told Sam that she loved him or whatever in Indian language, I fucking died laughing. She looked like a retarded person trying to talk. We kept rewinding it and re-watching it and laughing so hard.

She's gorgeous - I pointed this out in Run Hide Fight and someone said I was stupid for thinking she's beautiful.

This show is fine, yes it's getting a little ridiculous that each week something insane happens, but it's infinitely better than this season of Yellowstone. I can't even bring myself to finish the season because it's been so awful.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Elsa will die in Montana and will be the reason Montana will be the land the father is tied to, a call back to Sams words. I wouldn't be shocked if Sam upon not seeing her return ends up finding the Duttons only to learn his Lightning is gone.