Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well it starts out pretty well. I am not a big fan of splitting stories unless in the same location but it is interesting enough.

I knew the kid was going to die. They did not actually show him die but I am assuming he did. If not then I stand corrected. Hunter for hire is interesting but it takes away from Yellowstone as that is what the story is supposed to be about. I am hoping he is returning soon. The nuns and the native Americans was harsh. I was all in with her attacking that Nun. Fucking bitch deserved it. I loved how the Priest handled the Nun but also felt bad for how he had to handle the girl. Examples had to be made. Its a shit reality. Will be interesting to see how this all ties together. Since there was a discussion around how they would never live long enough to find a husband, I am guessing one does. The scenery and the sets are awesome. Loved the scene with Harrison Ford just riding into town with the Model T's parked. So far its interesting.
Agree with your review. The episode was a lot of building and setup, not great but was ok. Ill give it a few more episodes to see if it finds its footing. The Nun and girl was the most compelling part so far.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
1883 turned pretty retarded and woke pretty quick. Is this the same?
I dunno man ep 1 goes pretty fucking hard on the Noble Savage and Evil White Religious People angle.

I don't get why TV writers all have these weird BDSM related fetishes and feel the need to project them into their shows. That ridiculous bath scene could have been straight out of Handmaids Tale.

Yes, writers, I'm sure nuns really stood around watching while they forced crowds of Indian girls to bathe in individual tubs.

So far this episode informs us that evil white people forced Indians to learn about soap and bathing. I'm skeptical that either concept was actually new to them, but I will go so far as to say that if these people really existed without soap or bathing then a few slapped wrists is a small price to pay for literally bringing them out of the stone age. Fuckin A, can you imagine the smell?

That said, I'm standing by "it never happened" and its just a TV writers' weird fetish.

Really, every iteration of this show has been guilty of it. Yellowstone, 1883, and now 1923 all do this same cartoonish bullshit with regard to Indians.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

I dunno man ep 1 goes pretty fucking hard on the Noble Savage and Evil White Religious People angle.

I don't get why TV writers all have these weird BDSM related fetishes and feel the need to project them into their shows. That ridiculous bath scene could have been straight out of Handmaids Tale.

Yes, writers, I'm sure nuns really stood around watching while they forced crowds of Indian girls to bathe in individual tubs.

So far this episode informs us that evil white people forced Indians to learn about soap and bathing. I'm skeptical that either concept was actually new to them, but I will go so far as to say that if these people really existed without soap or bathing then a few slapped wrists is a small price to pay for literally bringing them out of the stone age. Fuckin A, can you imagine the smell?

That said, I'm standing by "it never happened" and its just a TV writers' weird fetish.

Really, every iteration of this show has been guilty of it. Yellowstone, 1883, and now 1923 all do this same cartoonish bullshit with regard to Indians.
I deny history too.

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Thanks for saving me the time.

Cybsled

Indigenous boarding schools run by Christian sects/missionaries was a real thing. Some even ran until the 60s. One of the big criticisms against them is they usually went hard on erasing any traces of their original culture

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You can read up on the residential schools if you want. They were pretty horrendous although I don't know about the specific scenes in this show. It was actually worse in Canada than the US. The idea was that they needed to get Indian kids away from their parents and turn them into respectable citizens (Kill the savage, save the man). A lot of them pretty quickly turned into seriously fucked up Stanford prison experiment on steroids type shit with the priests and nuns abusing the kids physically and sexually and even starving them to death in some situations. It lasted longer in Canada than it did in the US so some of the folks who went through it as kids are still around.

Edit: The schools were run by Catholics but they were funded by the federal government. Some parents actually sent their kids thinking it would be best for them to learn to live in white society but often the kids were straight up kidnapped. Their parents would take the kid to the hospital because he was sick or something and the next thing they knew they were told "We determined that your child was being abused and sent him to a residential school for his own protection." and they wouldn't see him again until he was 18.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

I haven’t watched the show yet, but I presume they were watching to enforce compliance. It would also be a power move, basically saying you have no rights to privacy

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Ep 2, we got more forced bathing while nuns watch. Then one of the nuns starts molesting the girl in the tub. Then the other nun comes over and beats her with a stick.

Sorry bros but if you think is this is even adjacent to our timeline you're delusional. This is a bad Handmaids Tale remake set in the 1900s. BDSM Nuns & Indians style. What complete bullshit.

Its a shame cause the sheep vs cattle storyline is good. And the hunter adventures in Africa part is fucking great. We need more TV set in the Bri'ish colonial period, that Rudyard Kipling era stuff is awesome.

• 2Like

Animosity

Ep 2, we got more forced bathing while nuns watch. Then one of the nuns starts molesting the girl in the tub. Then the other nun comes over and beats her with a stick.

Sorry bros but if you think is this is even adjacent to our timeline you're delusional. This is a bad Handmaids Tale remake set in the 1900s. BDSM Nuns & Indians style. What complete bullshit.

Its a shame cause the sheep vs cattle storyline is good. And the hunter adventures in Africa part is fucking great. We need more TV set in the Bri'ish colonial period, that Rudyard Kipling era stuff is awesome.
Youre a moron for thinking these schools did not do what this show is depicting. Its also a tv show so things are exaggerated.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of the Yellowstone type series take it to a 9-10. The thing is, a lot of what 1923 is showing did actually happen in some form or another. Its a drama show. The only thing I enjoy about the nun part is when the Native American girl goes off and starts beating the shit out of the nun. That shit is funny. Its enjoyable enough for me to continue watching the show. I agree that the African portion of it is actually the best part of it. It sets us up for understanding that character when he does go back to Yellowstone. He pretty much will be like Harrison Ford's character except stronger and maybe even meaner. I am hoping that he goes back with the woman but something makes me think she will die. Of course I said that about the kid getting married and I was wrong so....

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Youre a moron for thinking these schools did not do what this show is depicting. Its also a tv show so things are exaggerated.
Still waiting for that historical evidence of Nuns vs Indian girls BDSM. You seem so sure, you must have some evidence.

It couldnt possibly be just a lifetime of ridiculous brainwashing that Indians = Noble Savage and Catholics = bad pedos. Nope, you're a critical thinker whose opinion is based on evidence.

Evidence that you'll surely be sharing with all of us, any minute now

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Still waiting for that historical evidence of Nuns vs Indian girls BDSM. You seem so sure, you must have some evidence.

It couldnt possibly be just a lifetime of ridiculous brainwashing that Indians = Noble Savage and Catholics = bad pedos. Nope, you're a critical thinker whose opinion is based on evidence.

Weren't you a covid truther?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Took 1 minute..The question has been asked.

• 3Like

Animosity

Literally 30 seconds on google answers these questions. Next youre gonna say the holocaust wasnt real. Whats it like being so uneducated?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

As I said last week, it's not at all hard to research. You are making an ass of yourself pretending what's shown on the show is somehow implausible. It's actually tame compared to what actually happened since hundreds of kids actually died in these schools and plenty more were impregnated etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
You've become so fucking reactionary to any narrative that makes you uncomfortable that you are denying that there was sexual abuse in residence schools.

That's both sad and retarded. It's a TV show, of course it's going to be a condensed/homogenized/TV version of what was actually happening. If you don't like it don't watch, but if you think that sort of shit wasn't happening you're living in a state of denial and need to admit that you're interested in hugbox RP that doesn't present you with things that make you feel uncomfortable, like the idea that nuns were sexually abusing people.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Folks, I have consistently and specifically addressed one thing: Nuns forcing Indian girls to bathe while they stood around and watched like some kind of Handmaids Tale remake.

And you have consistently and specifically come back with ... other things. Diffrent things. Mean nuns, abused Indians, but none of what I actually complained about.

Literally no one has denied the existence of these boarding schools. But I will get to read another half dozen links saying that yes there were Catholic run boarding schools that did bad things to Indians.

Maybe at some point someone can address the actual point I made. I've gotta confess, I'm a little surprised to see such wholehearted swilling of the Noble Savages kool aid around here. I thought we had more diversity of opinion than to just straight up parrot the NPC story.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

You calling it Noble Savage kool aid says enough about your intelligence level. It is historical fact that the Catholic churchs would take these kids and abuse them into giving up their customs and taking theirs. You keep trying to say none of this shit happened when it did and then act like its virtual signaling and believing false facts. Yikes.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Not that I care, but never underestimate the depravity of people, especially people who have power over others.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 09-44-54 South Dakota Boarding School Survivors Detail Sexual Abuse.png