Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I enjoy the story of Spencer's journey home. The problem is they've predicated resolution of the Montana plotlines on Spencer's return so much that it detracts from his story since you just want it over rather than enjoying it like you could in the first couple episodes.

I thought Benjen did a great job. He deserves more roles.

I hope for the show's sake the indian girl leads to some actual Yellowstone impacting story because if it's just "indians were treated poorly" virtue signaling it will detract from how this show is remembered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I guess I disagree on the last part. It’s shocking how many don’t know of how Natives were treated and to the extent that treatment went.
I would have preferred to see it more in 1883, but I’m fine with it here too as it’s still relevant to this era and story.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Make a show called Rainwater and have it tell the indian story. That could actually be a pretty compelling as there's no shortage of drama to be had. As it stands right now there's nothing that makes it Yellowstone in 1923 other than her last name.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Make a show called Rainwater and have it tell the indian story. That could actually be a pretty compelling as there's no shortage of drama to be had. As it stands right now there's nothing that makes it Yellowstone in 1923 other than her last name.
No need as it’s being handled well here so far and it’s been my wife’s favorite part of the show so far (for reasons).

Though I agree a separate show would be great.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I guess I disagree on the last part. It’s shocking how many don’t know of how Natives were treated and to the extent that treatment went.
I would have preferred to see it more in 1883, but I’m fine with it here too as it’s still relevant to this era and story.

Yeah typically white man bad is horribly written or just not even close to factually accurate. The boarding houses and assimilation attempts for the native culture to forget everything they were and adopt a new culture is historical fact as well as many documented abuses. Hindsight is also 20/20 though and this happened in other parts of the world so it was really the mindset of the world back then.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The native plotline is probably the most historically accurate part of this show. Definitely more realistic than any part of Yellowstone.

I suddenly have the urge to cross reference and see if the people bitching about it taking too long to get from Africa to Montana are the same people who bitched about time jumps and teleporting in Game of Thrones.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
5 pages of claims about ""historical accuracy"" and still not one data point supporting that conclusion. (Oh wait, did someone link something proving there actually were schools run by Catholics? wow so proofy)

Its neat how historical accuracy can just be asserted. "This is consistent with Dances with Wolves and Disney's Pocahantas so its true!"

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
5 pages of claims about ""historical accuracy"" and still not one data point supporting that conclusion. (Oh wait, did someone link something proving there actually were schools run by Catholics? wow so proofy)

Its neat how historical accuracy can just be asserted. "This is consistent with Dances with Wolves and Disney's Pocahantas so its true!"

Google “Civilization Fund Act”.

also there’s this

The probe has uncovered more that 500 deaths directly related to the boarding schools, also stop pretending to be dumb.

• 2Picard

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm not listening to some fucking podcast, wtf. Do you have anything written down?

And please don't waste my time with proof that Indian Schools existed or that the US government violated treaties or some bullshit like that.

I have consistently complained about:
  • Nuns forcing Indian girls to bathe together while they watched and beat them
  • Roving bands of Nuns and Priests on horseback hunting down Indian girls to murder

Got some proof of that? or just more "my college prof told me this happened and I did watch Dances with Wolves twice so stop ignoring my proof!"

Its a funny purity spiral you guys have created for yourselves. Once you accept that the White Man was the bad guy, and it was a simple matter of good vs evil, you have to keep accepting every new, ludicrous, over-the-top claim or you'lll feel like you're siding with the Bad Guys.

I wonder if you view the rest of history through the same cartoonish lens.

• 1Garbage

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Don't bother. He doesn't know how to read.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He can easily do a google search and find the answers. We dont need to show proof to someone who refuses to believe it anyway.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wish 1883 had talked about how Buffalo almost went extinct in a method to try and starve tribes into non-existence. I thought they were when they showed that Buffalo herd but they opted to not.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If your first stop for proof is a fucking podcast… it might be 2023.