2012 NFL Season

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rodgers thrashed the Texans too, 'quick' receivers give the team issues.

I still think they can win out and get home field and be okay. If they end up travelling to Peyton or Brady they're screwed

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Rodgers thrashed the Texans too, 'quick' receivers give the team issues.

I still think they can win out and get home field and be okay. If they end up travelling to Peyton or Brady they're screwed
Texans best shot at the SB is to get the number #1 seed and the Patriots #2 and Denver #3. If that happens I highly doubt Denver loses in the wild card round which means being #3 they will without a doubt head to NE and take them out. Which will leave you with any of these teams in the divisional round, Baltimore, Colts, Steelers, Bengals all of which you should be fine against. Which would leave Texans/Broncos AFC game and you guys match up better against them then they do the Pats (made apparent after that ass whooping they gave you the other night) and has the benefit of not being that big of a stretch.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man oh man, never was I so certain of betting an NFL game - but I thought for sure the Texans would put up a fight. Easiest $500 I've ever made. Literally.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Even though the pats lost 3 games, remember, 4 points..... Total. They lost the 3 games by 4 points total, they easily could have won those games by either makinga field goal they missed or makinga field goal longer

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Niners gonna rape the Pats.

Aldon Smith also gonna break the all time sack record. Brady gonna have to throw it 60 times, which Belichick probably wont mind, but I think the Niners match up well.

I just hope Kaeperbro doesnt get cold feet.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God I hope so, worst team to get home field advantage through the playoffs

Well, as we wish a fond farewell to fohguild.org, i'd like to at least acknowledge that personally this is my only non espn.com/nfl.com/br.com etc thread to talk about the NFL.

Let's going forward respect each other and produce a visitable thread.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Sweet lady justice.
You should go actually read the ruling Tagliabue made. He didn't absolve anyone except Fujita from being involved in the bounty system and he backed everything Goodell and the NFL accused the Saints of doing. His ruling, however, was that the Saints organization and coaches should be held primarily responsible for the bounty system and the players, while they did participate, should not be held responsible for their actions as they were pretty much just doing what their coaches told them to do. Unfortunately most people are just going to read the headline "Players suspensions overruled" and instantly assume that the team was completely cleared of the bountygate. If the coaches did have some kind of union it wouldn't have mattered, Tagliabue would have upheld any suspensions for Payton, Williams and the other coaches.

"I affirm Commissioner Goodell's factual findings as to the four players. I conclude that Hargrove, Smith and Vilma -- but not Fujita -- engaged in 'conduct detrimental to the integrity of, and public confidence in, the game of professional football,' " the ruling said.

"However, for the reasons set forth in this decision, I now vacate all discipline to be imposed upon these players. Although I vacate all suspensions, I fully considered but ultimately rejected reducing the suspensions to fines of varying degrees for Hargrove, Smith and Vilma. My affirmation of Commissioner Goodell's findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However ... this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints organization," it said.
Vilma is apparently going to pursue his defamation suit against Goodell, which is hilarious as Tagliabue also backed up Goodell's findings that Vilma put up money for when Brett Favre was injured.

Basically its just another example that these athletes that make millions of dollars because of the sport, fans and owners are not responsible for themselves as adults. The NFL, NFLPA and teams have to supply personal drivers for players in case they've been drinking, how many jobs offer that? And they don't even take full advantage of it. Hell, this week players were coming out and whining about the Seahawks running up the score on the Cardinals? Really???? These are adults that play football as professionals for a living. Anyone that whines about getting the score run up on them should just leave the league, but no they're not responsible adults they just complain that the other team should have had more class. And now this, where Tagliabue found that the players were totally involved in a bounty reward system where money exchanged hands as part of an incentive system for player injuries, but the players in no way should be held responsible. Instead the blame falls FULLY on the organization and the coaches, because these players who are adults that make millions of dollars are not required to be accountable or responsible for themselves. Its sickening really.

And the last thing in my rant, any Saints fan or supporter that comes out and says the NFL and Goodell took away their chance at a successful season is full of shit. The Coaches were rightfully suspended and the team was rightfully punished. No Saints player lost play time due to the suspensions Goodell issued, they were out with injury anyway until the suspensions were vacated by an arbitrator. On top of that, Vilma isn't any good anyway its not like they got better when he started playing.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Damn you Texans for taking away a possible number two seed for the Broncos : /

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Watching Ravens/Redskins on Replay now, this Redskins team seems really great and full of life and energy with these young guys and reinvigorated veterans.

But their coach just feels like a bit of an emotional vampire sucking the life out of them with his soulless glare. I dunno, he bugs me.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think you understand how these boards work.

Are you about to give me a philosophy lesson?

What was the philosophy lesson when you said you thought Jooka was ok and he replied he thinks you're a shitbag?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
You should go actually read the ruling Tagliabue made. He didn't absolve anyone except Fujita from being involved in the bounty system and he backed everything Goodell and the NFL accused the Saints of doing.
Again, people need to understand that there is an enormous gulf between "Completely Innocent" and "Guilty with Enough Documented Evidence to Convince Even a Labor-Friendly Appeals Court". All the evidence suggests it is far closer to, but not surpassing, the latter.

Assuming that's the truth, anyway. It is rather convenient that all the blame falls on the guys already punished and unable to appeal in court, and the conclusion boils down to "The rest of the season will operate as the season so far has." I'm just saying, if you wanted the issue to go away, you'd get the ruling we saw.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you about to give me a philosophy lesson?

What was the philosophy lesson when you said you thought Jooka was ok and he replied he thinks you're a shitbag?
No dumbass, you literally don't understand how these boards work. How are you possibly this fucking stupid?

And yes, I'd much rather see you be gone than Jooka. What is your point?