2012 NFL Season

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can always tell the shittiest NFL thread posters because they get in to long stupid fucking arguments about non NFL shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers told Mendenhall he wouldn't be dressing last Sunday against the Chargers. Because he sucks. He decided to just not show up to the stadium. Now he's suspended for the next game.

No fuckers were given that day.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers told Mendenhall he wouldn't be dressing last Sunday against the Chargers. Because he sucks. He decided to just not show up to the stadium. Now he's suspended for the next game.

No fuckers were given that day.
Man that guy has fell so far.. What's the deal, is just because of his injuries? Or just a lack passion overall?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same thing that takes down a lot of RBs I notice: They start to hesitate. Guy's start looking for the hole and dancing around if it's not perfect. They have to either hit where it should be and hope it works or improvise immediately. Not many guys have the pure physical talent to fuck about back there and get away with it regularly.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers defense might be better than last years even though the numbers probably arent as shiny.

Its so funny because most NFL top level defenders are intelligent, tough as fuck black dudes. Tarrel Brown and Donte Whitner are both mean dudes but they are also well spoken and have great awareness. Even dudes like Darrel Revis, Sean Smith, Ryan Clark etc play smart but are also not afraid to tackle anyone. There are only a few guys that are like that on offense (toughness wise, with a defenders mindset), Steve Smith from the Panthers comes to mind,, probably Adrian Peterson and a few others I cant think of.

Long story short, to be a top level defender you have to be a bad dude. (not necasserily black though, Justin Smith would probably bitch slap every guy in the 49er locker room)

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are only a few guys that are like that on offense (toughness wise, with a defenders mindset), Steve Smith from the Panthers comes to mind,, probably Adrian Peterson and a few others I cant think of.
Homerism I guess, but I've been really impressed with Anquan Boldin as a tough physical receiver. Not at all afraid of contact, almost looking for it at times. Will manhandle defenders with ease. Throws blocks selflessly, check out his block on Rice's miracle 4th and 29 run, he made that play happen as much as Rice.

Vonta Leach is a bad ass too, but I guess its more expected from a fullback than a WR, even a slot guy.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boldin got his face exploded and held on to the ball, and came back that season with a new metal face that made him look different.

I hate him and want him to die because he's a Raven, but there's no questioning the man's badass credentials.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
What about Matt Ryan? None of them have won anything, but Romo is better than the other 3 statistically and does it with the worst team around him of all 4.

Filwen_sl

shitlord
At what point does Flacco join the romo/cutler/rivers argument?
Pretty sure he is already there. I can't wait to see how much the Ravens overpay him this year. Ray Rice is the best player they have on offense and it blows my mind that Flacco doesn't hand the ball off 30 times a game with at least 20 going to Ray Rice. Flacco should have no more than like 15 pass attempts a game with half of them being passes to Ray Rice. If Baltimore wins anything it will be in spite of Flacco not because of Flacco.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah Boldin is a beast. Those type of players are fan favorites because they are ruthless. Mike Alstott was a bear in his time on offense, and believe it or not but Wes Welker is a tough little fucker too.

The baddest dude on offense though is probably Jay Cutler.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah Boldin is a beast. Those type of players are fan favorites because they are ruthless. Mike Alstott was a bear in his time on offense, and believe it or not but Wes Welker is a tough little fucker too.

The baddest dude on offense though is probably Jay Cutler.
Gotta love offensive players who love getting hit, and making the hit. (outside of the lineman positions, who are all beasts). A few oldies come to mind: Rocky Bleier, Earl Christian Campbell, and Steve Deberg. I had to throw a Chief's player in there, but the dude played a game with a broken hand and a metal pin sticking out of his finger. I can't think of any QB who would do that now.

And yeah, Cutler is the worst... I mean baddest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same thing that takes down a lot of RBs I notice: They start to hesitate. Guy's start looking for the hole and dancing around if it's not perfect. They have to either hit where it should be and hope it works or improvise immediately. Not many guys have the pure physical talent to fuck about back there and get away with it regularly.
This is why Andre Brown began to get more touches than Bradshaw. Bradshaw likes to dance and doesn't trust his linemen, and you can't blame him -- they suck. But he's gotten better over the year, less dancing.

Mendenhall is just dumb for doing that, though. But are Redman and Dwyer honestly better?

Filwen_sl

shitlord
Dwyer is. He hasn't played behind that shambles of a line long enough to get flinchy yet.
I think Dwyer has more upside, but he better get going. He does remind me of Bettis (fast feet, bulky size), but he seems to go down way easy. Redman will take a few hits and keep going, but hardly every does anything. Haley likes to run the ball behind the guards and right now we have Pouncy playing left guard and Foster right guard. Colon was having a good year and doing really well on run plays, but Pouncy is no guard and it is obvious.

I'm reading that they are going to try moving Foster to left guard and put DeCastro in at right guard. Can't hurt at this point. My money is on a RB in the first round of 2013 or an inside LB - I'd probably say we have more of a need for inside LB to replace Foote.

Obscene_sl

shitlord
Why are there so many Bear fans on the forum? Maybe I should specifically say Cutler Fans. At first I thought it was a long-running joke, but i'm still waiting for the punchline. I'm not saying hes doesn't deserve some attention and credit, but from the sounds of some of the more vocal fans, hes the next coming of Christ.