2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
ibnIYkArhbLUyw.gif
Caption: I've been on safari since the superbowl and next year is going to be great because I got my man Welker and TWO awesome tight ends to throw to!! Wait, what happened?

Disp_sl

shitlord
Cruz's deal is pretty crazy when you stack it up next to the Percy Harvin trade/contract. 6 year/$46mil. vs. 6 year/$67mil + 1st/3rd/5th round picks. Great signing for the Giants.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure I read about another fan for some team doing this a couple years ago.

Cleveland Browns fan zings team in his obituary
You mean these?

Being a Kansas City Cheifs fan killed this dude

brownsdie-448x600.jpg

Grimm, you also need to read PFTCommentors strong takes on The Ben.

She also told her coworkers that she hoped she had a little Roethlisberger baby in her belly, which she probably would of regretted after 11 months in the womb just extending plays in there waiting for something to open up downfield.

Read more:http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz2YUSOTZDZ

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't tell which is his wife and which is her sister. But yeah, his wife has huge tits. I'd assume her sister does too.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just heard a crazy stat about Stafford on Mike and Mike. He is 1-23 against teams with a winning record. That can't be right, can it?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just heard a crazy stat about Stafford on Mike and Mike. He is 1-23 against teams with a winning record. That can't be right, can it?
I've got to believe that it's his supporting cast that's letting him down. You don't throw for 10,000 yards in 2 seasons if you don't have some talent.

I'd look up the stats for the defense the last few years, but the NFL.com website is one of the worst pieces of shit on the planet. I don't know why they decided to hide the god damn stats pages that used to be so easy to get to. Fuck you, NFL.com. I'm raging really hard on your website right now.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I think their defense was ranked very low stat wise. They aren't very good. From seeing a few of their games they're probably near the top in penalty yards as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I've got to believe that it's his supporting cast that's letting him down. You don't throw for 10,000 yards in 2 seasons if you don't have some talent.
You can if you have no run game and throw it like 700 times in a season and have a beast WR who catches anything thrown even remotely accurate.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, but there are lots of teams throughout the history of the NFL where you could say they're just throwing it up all the time. But how many of them eclipse 4000 yards, much less 5000? You can't attribute that all to the rule changes or Megatron either.

Stafford's 2012 season wasn't great, with 20 TD's to 17 interceptions (and 6 fumbles), but he still threw for 4967 yards on 435 completions. And with Megatron having having 1964 yards, that leaves 3000 yards that he still threw for to other guys.
His 2011 season, though...41 TD's to 16 interceptions (+5 fumbles).

And isn't having no run game the same as his supporting cast letting him down?

In the end, it's the era of the QB. If you have one that's above average, you pay to keep them. The Lions probably overpaid a bit, but that's just the way the league is going.

Edit: Not to bring the Cowboys into it, but I just so happened to look up Romo's stats and then the team stats. Outside of having 100 extra attempts by Stafford, the two teams are eerily similar. Mid-ranked offense (17th, 15th) with high yardage (3rd, 6th), and crap defenses (27th, 24th) with mid-ranked yards against (13th, 19th). Lions also had much better success running the ball. But outside of that...the teams are almost fucking identical. The Lions just faced a fucking brutal 2nd half of the season.

Vikings (#6 seed)
Packers (#3 seed)
Texans (#3 seed)
Colts (#5 seed)
Packers (#3 seed)
Cardinals
Falcons (#1 seed)
Bears (10-6 team that missed wildcard)

They also faced the 49ers (#2 seed), Vikings and Bears the first time around, and the Seahawks (#5 seed). To be honest, after seeing that, I'd expect the Lions to bounce back this year strongly. That's a pretty rough schedule.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, but looking at the list, only that 28-24 stunner against the Seattle Seahawks last season qualifies. (There are a good number of wins vs. 8-8 teams, and Drew Stanton was at the helm for their upsets at the end of 2010.)

Personally, I put this into the "painful but necessary" column. The Lions have no salary cap room to work with (like the Raiders this year, they are still getting victimized by the no rookie wage scale years), and this was the easiest way to "create" salary cap room. Like Romo, if you assume Stafford will be on the roster in two years (and there's no reason to think he won't), then this was an acceptable deal.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
vegas shows Pats at 5-1 to win the SB, 49ers and broncos behind them at 6-1.

What in the motherfuck?
Most action on offseason NFL futures takes place right after the Super Bowl and the week after the draft. There hasn't been enough action since all of New England's issues popped up, and the odds are reflecting this. Once bet volume starts up again (usually in the middle of preseason) the odds will start moving.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, but there are lots of teams throughout the history of the NFL where you could say they're just throwing it up all the time. But how many of them eclipse 4000 yards, much less 5000? You can't attribute that all to the rule changes or Megatron either.

Stafford's 2012 season wasn't great, with 20 TD's to 17 interceptions (and 6 fumbles), but he still threw for 4967 yards on 435 completions. And with Megatron having having 1964 yards, that leaves 3000 yards that he still threw for to other guys.
His 2011 season, though...41 TD's to 16 interceptions (+5 fumbles).

And isn't having no run game the same as his supporting cast letting him down?

In the end, it's the era of the QB. If you have one that's above average, you pay to keep them. The Lions probably overpaid a bit, but that's just the way the league is going.

Edit: Not to bring the Cowboys into it, but I just so happened to look up Romo's stats and then the team stats. Outside of having 100 extra attempts by Stafford, the two teams are eerily similar. Mid-ranked offense (17th, 15th) with high yardage (3rd, 6th), and crap defenses (27th, 24th) with mid-ranked yards against (13th, 19th). Lions also had much better success running the ball. But outside of that...the teams are almost fucking identical. The Lions just faced a fucking brutal 2nd half of the season.

Vikings (#6 seed)
Packers (#3 seed)
Texans (#3 seed)
Colts (#5 seed)
Packers (#3 seed)
Cardinals
Falcons (#1 seed)
Bears (10-6 team that missed wildcard)

They also faced the 49ers (#2 seed), Vikings and Bears the first time around, and the Seahawks (#5 seed). To be honest, after seeing that, I'd expect the Lions to bounce back this year strongly. That's a pretty rough schedule.
Yeah, neither Stafford or Romo have much of a run game. The Cowboys put up their least amount of rushing yards in their ENTIRE history as a franchise last year. Because of no run game, their red-zone offense/points scored was pretty pathetic - most touchdowns came from outside of 20 yards, could probably say the same for Detroit. Both have beast #1 WR's who are deep threats/YAC monsters to wrack up the yardage.

Why their run games suck is completely opposite though - Detroit has no good backs, while Dallas has maybe the worst O-line in the NFL going on 3 years now (also DeMarco Murray was injured/hobbled a bunch) - this also affects Romo in other negative ways such as getting himself pass rushed into oblivion on every down - resulting in interceptions, sacks, or injury.

if Stafford got 55 and Rodgers got 130.. Matt Ryan is probably looking at like 5 years 85 mill + 15 signing bonus.