2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love anyone who says they're better than Megatron immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

Can't wait for Sam Bradford to throw it to the other team targeting Titus Young.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did not see this posted anywhere in all the football threads so I figured since this is now the active one I would post here. Pixar animator draws the 2012 football season....
Some very cool pictures and I absolutely love the Falcon one!
Same thing minus being on ebaum's. We still hate that site, right? It's been a long time...I might just be hating it out of habit.

Anyways, imgur album > *

CLICKYCLICKY

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Reese We Trust
BREAKING NEWS: New York Giants have released RB Ahmad Bradshaw according to Pro Football Talk #nyg #giants

Eli's next!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Reese We Trust
BREAKING NEWS: New York Giants have released DT Chris Canty #nyg #giants #bigblue

WTF. They're just gutting this team! Lmao.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In Reese We Trust
BREAKING NEWS: New York Giants have released DT Chris Canty #nyg #giants #bigblue

WTF. They're just gutting this team! Lmao.
"Retooling" bro. Had a discussion with some other Skins fans today, I had to kind of laugh at them thinking we were a lock to win 12 games next year. I don't believe I'm nuts in thinking we could regress to 8-8 or worse considering we won't be playing a last place schedule next year (hello Green Bay, Atlanta, and San Fran), and the big question mark that is RG3's knee. Now don't get me wrong, I think Cousins can be quite serviceable starting anywhere from 4-6 games (not to mention hopefully raising his future trade value), but if RG3 misses more games than that I have a hard time seeing us going even 8-8.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I were you I'd be hoping Cousins starts 10-16 games and raises his trade value crazy high before RG3 comes back 100% healthy. But my God, I'm not a SKins fan at all and even I'm a little nervous at the thought of how one low hit or awkward cut could mean the end. Like, way more than usual=P

As for my boys, we might actually have an interesting offseason for the first time in....ever? Our 2 "elite" receivers both regressed horribly last season and it's likely Wallace, who was legit top 5 18 months ago, is just gone. RB situation is muddled at best, Dwyer will probably be the starter but there's nothing to be real hopeful about there. D is still aging obviously, some of the old guys had crazy resurgant seasons last year but that won't last. Their HGH dealer will get caught or something. Our best young DB(Keenan Lewis) wants big money after not getting a new contract this season and then performing well. Woodley hasn't performed the last 2 seasons, been hurt some too. I'd be hopeful about the O-Line where they have what looks like a formidable set of guys, but I felt the same last year. The Steelers O-Line is the Bermuda Triangle of NFL positions.

Draft will be real interesting. Most offseasons as a Steeler fan it's just seeing which older guys will get ruthlessly cut or restructure their contracts and hoping some young guys step up once the season starts. I find that I prefer it that way even if it does leave me with almost nothing to discuss...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, LaMarr Woodley = Run DMC

uXSVhVI.jpg

uXSVhVI.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that us Bucs fans... err fan?... are still around! Maybe we'll break .500 next year! Also please dear black baby raptor Jesus, get another running back to prevent the same thing that happened to Cadillac Williams to happen to Doug Martin. Really would like to see him last more than 2 or 3 seasons at the level he was at this past year. Also WTB a secondary. 1st against the rush? Sweet! 32nd against the pass? Oh... at least next year we'll have a healthy pair of DE's. Clayborn going on IR almost immediately really hurt the pass rush/pass defense.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that us Bucs fans... err fan?... are still around! Maybe we'll break .500 next year! Also please dear black baby raptor Jesus, get another running back to prevent the same thing that happened to Cadillac Williams to happen to Doug Martin. Really would like to see him last more than 2 or 3 seasons at the level he was at this past year. Also WTB a secondary. 1st against the rush? Sweet! 32nd against the pass? Oh... at least next year we'll have a healthy pair of DE's. Clayborn going on IR almost immediately really hurt the pass rush/pass defense.
lol is that a real stat? If so I dont think I ever remember that happening. Being 1st against the run is huge, but then being dead LAST in pass defense is fucking incredible. I wonder how many times they put more than 7 up front in relation to playing nickel or other pass coverage?

edit: Also, looking at my gay sig, I just realized that Kolin Kaepernicks hands are probably marginally bigger than Alex Smith's. Jim Harbaugh was smarter than all of us, as he probably just had Kap and Smith stand next to eachother and show their hands. The difference was clear.

And Trent Richardson has a weird head/face. His face kind of looks like a bad shoop there lmao.

Fadaar

That guy
lol is that a real stat? If so I dont think I ever remember that happening. Being 1st against the run is huge, but then being dead LAST in pass defense is fucking incredible. I wonder how many times they put more than 7 up front in relation to playing nickel or other pass coverage?

edit: Also, looking at my gay sig, I just realized that Kolin Kaepernicks hands are probably marginally bigger than Alex Smith's. Jim Harbaugh was smarter than all of us, as he probably just had Kap and Smith stand next to eachother and show their hands. The difference was clear.

And Trent Richardson has a weird head/face. His face kind of looks like a bad shoop there lmao.
Yep, completely real stats. 297.4 y/g in the air, 82.5 y/g on the ground.

Passing
Rushing

Edit: Change from Postseason to Regular for both.

Disp_sl

shitlord
49ers have 14 picks in this draft. Hopefully they don't fucking bomb it like they did in 2012. No idea how they follow up Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Kendall Hunter, Chris Culliver, and Bruce Miller from 2011 with A.J. Jenkins (whose statline for the year was 1 drop and 0 catches), LaMichael James, and then jack shit.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You cant give up on Jenkins yet. If he has another horrible non existent year then yeah Im on board with saying he is garbage, but there was just no where for him to play. The Niners run the fewest 3 receiver sets in the league, and they had Crab, Manningham and Moss (and Ginn Jr and Kyle Williams) at the start of the year, and even with two of those guys going on IR< he still wasnt getting on the field much as he was always the 3rd guy and 4th passing option on the team.

Also, Kap doesnt read through progressions much, so when he is on the field, he isnt getting many if any targets. Next year he has a chance to be the de-facto WR3 and be a guy who might getmore work as Kap gets more experience.

I mean, think of it. Kap is either gonna option read/pistol or throw to his hot receiver. Even then he was still highly effective, it just doesnt lend to the bottom guys on the totem pole getting fed, in contrast to someone like Brady or Rodgers who gets everyone involved. Even Vernon Davis was MIA for a while because almost all of the 49ers offensive snaps consisted of Gore/Kap/Crab. But when they finally got Davis going they were even more dynamic. Imagine when he starts reading defenses and starts looking off safeties. Manningham is primed to have a big year if he gets back healthy as Keapernicks #2.