2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DE has continued to rise in importance and as long as that is true the LT will remain extremely important.
PASS HAPPY LENS APPLICATION TIME!!!

As more and more MLB's get bastardized in to coverage guys some of the true physical freaks that would usually be there just don't have the right tools to play that game are migrating to the DE(or 3-4 OLB) position. Your JJ Watt and Aldon Smith types. The middle coverage area is turning from it's own area to just a closer secondary, the traditional 3-4/4-3 is turning in to a blanket 5 or 6 as teams are forced to dedicate more players to coverage.

Man, if I can spout bullshit like this on the fly I should definitely be writing for ESPN or something.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PASS HAPPY LENS APPLICATION TIME!!!

As more and more MLB's get bastardized in to coverage guys some of the true physical freaks that would usually be there just don't have the right tools to play that game are migrating to the DE(or 3-4 OLB) position. Your JJ Watt and Aldon Smith types. The middle coverage area is turning from it's own area to just a closer secondary, the traditional 3-4/4-3 is turning in to a blanket 5 or 6 as teams are forced to dedicate more players to coverage.

Man, if I can spout bullshit like this on the fly I should definitely be writing for ESPN or something.
You'd be fired in a week as your audience's eyes glazed over. You need to talk about intangible stuff like "leadership" "toughness" and "grit". Also talk about Tebow or Manti T'eo every chance you have.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stupid Seahawks signed Brady Quinn as backup...awesome!
Meh. There's only so many good QB's to go around. Backups all over the league are dogshit, Quinn isn't especially worse than most of them. Just be glad your boys have one of the good guys in front of him and he's not there competing to start...

Kemp175

Trakanon Raider
Meh. There's only so many good QB's to go around. Backups all over the league are dogshit, Quinn isn't especially worse than most of them. Just be glad your boys have one of the good guys in front of him and he's not there competing to start...
That's very true. I would of liked Thigpen even over him though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Could be worse, you could have a flock of fragile blackups like the Steelers.
or the 9'ers. I think its funny people think McCoy can play football on a back up level. He was knocked out 2(?) seasons ago half way through and never played again. Dude is the poster boy for getting his shit knocked in.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Whatever that means. 49ers had one of the best running attacks in the league last year with Gore/Hunter and then Gore/James. Next year they'll have Gore/Hunter/James, so I can't imagine it'll be too difficult for McCoy to hand the ball off 40 times a game if Kaep goes down.

Bobby Carpenter is rated the #1 worst pick for them in that article, if you didn't click the link. He played for the Pats last year VERY situationally, and didn't start.

I remember seeing him at training camp though, he legitimately is more viking than clay matthews and hawk combined. Huge man, platinum blonde, pony tail.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Bobby Carpenter is Parcell's fault more than Jerry, but no one dares insult Big Bill. Actually it was almost all his fault.

He wanted to pick Marcus Spears over Ware, too. Good thing that got overruled, and Parcells still got his guy in the next round.

Also, Parcells isn't the guy who found Tony Romo either. It was Sean Payton, who is an alum of the school Romo played for in college. After Payton got the HC job with the Saints, he tried to trade for Romo but Jerry didn't allow it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Correct me if I'm wrong but E. Manning made his "im elite" comment to then go onto win the superbowl that year... then Joe Flacco did it last year..

This could turn it around for the Buffalo Red Stripe Bisons
Well you said correct you...Eli said that after he had already won his 2nd Super Bowl. As for Flacco, I don't think Kolb has been to a Conference Championship game prior to making a statement like that or set any records for winning a playoff game every year of his career.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pats offer restricted Steeler FA Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year deal.

Given his meh play and injury history, Steelers would be insane to not give that up for a 3rd. I'll even help him pack.

Kemp175

Trakanon Raider
Pats offer restricted Steeler FA Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year deal.

Given his meh play and injury history, Steelers would be insane to not give that up for a 3rd. I'll even help him pack.
But look how thin Steelers WR corps are. He's a decent player and sure to get more play time with Wallace gone if they can keep him.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Ozzie loves him some of his alma maters players - looks like the Ravens are going to ink a deal with Rolando McClain.

If Ozzie can get him to pull his head out if his ass and stay out of trouble, they could have a new freak at MLB.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Living in the Columbus area Carpenter is a host on local sports radio a ton. No one ever brings up the fact he was a giant bust in the NFL.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Whatever that means. 49ers had one of the best running attacks in the league last year with Gore/Hunter and then Gore/James. Next year they'll have Gore/Hunter/James, so I can't imagine it'll be too difficult for McCoy to hand the ball off 40 times a game if Kaep goes down.
What that means is I think McCoy will be seeing playing time this year. if he really is considered your 2nd