2013 NFL Playoffs

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Kaeperbro is good, I think he'll be an MVP candidate next year. I see all the rookie QBs regressing except for Luck and maybe RG3 if he's healthy. I don't understand why the Ravens are going to have giant salary cap problems when they remove Ray's contract and maybe let Ed Reed walk.

Other predictions: Titans will be 7-9, Rams will go 8-8, and Schaub will suck in the playoffs.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont know. Im so upset I dont even know what to do with myself. In a way I dont want to be a bitch and say fuck the NFL with their garbage fucking refs (fitting end to season considering replacement ref fasco to start the year) but that no call at the end was ugly. A horrible no call. That was NBA shit right there. No call because its late in the game and they letting them play. Except Crabtree was mauled and a penalty is a penalty.

But if the Niners get in there I would have had no problem with the NFL or its refs, so its hard. I do need to step back and stop letting shit like this upset me so much. Even when I was a kid I used to get super depressed when they lost and it hasnt changed 20 years later. I mean, how often is your team going to win a championship in your lifetime? Once? Never? I mean, your going to be disappointed more times than not (95% of the time) so I think I need a reality check here, as being so deeply invested is actually bad for me.

I just wished Kap would have said fuck it and pulled an Elway there on that 2nd and goal. Instead he made a retarded fucking decision and cost his team a Super Bowl. The no hold play was bad and should have set up the Niners to win but the game could have been won in 3 other situations. Oh well, no ESPN or NFLN for 2 months. Also, no NFL thread. See you after the draft bros. Thanks again Araysar!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Superbowl MVP Joe Flacco. Who would have taken that bet in September?

nbpUttn.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly Boldin or Jones probably deserved it more than Flacco.

Jozu, do you even live in the bay area or are you some Montana/Young/Rice bandwagoner from the midwest or some shit?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know. Im so upset I dont even know what to do with myself. In a way I dont want to be a bitch and say fuck the NFL with their garbage fucking refs (fitting end to season considering replacement ref fasco to start the year) but that no call at the end was ugly. A horrible no call. That was NBA shit right there. No call because its late in the game and they letting them play. Except Crabtree was mauled and a penalty is a penalty.

But if the Niners get in there I would have had no problem with the NFL or its refs, so its hard. I do need to step back and stop letting shit like this upset me so much. Even when I was a kid I used to get super depressed when they lost and it hasnt changed 20 years later. I mean, how often is your team going to win a championship in your lifetime? Once? Never? I mean, your going to be disappointed more times than not (95% of the time) so I think I need a reality check here, as being so deeply invested is actually bad for me.

I just wished Kap would have said fuck it and pulled an Elway there on that 2nd and goal. Instead he made a retarded fucking decision and cost his team a Super Bowl. The no hold play was bad and should have set up the Niners to win but the game could have been won in 3 other situations. Oh well, no ESPN or NFLN for 2 months. Also, no NFL thread. See you after the draft bros. Thanks again Araysar!
2 schools of thought. #1 is calling each play on it's own, even given knowing they're going to let more go in a playoff game/Super Bowl (in theory)...#2 is looking at how the game as a whole was called and comparing it to that.

As far as #1 goes, it was definitely at least holding. He had a hold of the jersey and clearly impeded the ability to make any attempt at a catch. As far as #2 goes...they were letting them play pretty much all game. As far as I know there was only 1 pass interference of any kind called, although it did benefit the Ravens when they had 3rd and 9 in their territory with about 7 or 8 minutes left when the score was 31-29. Personally, I think there should be an exception to that rule where Simms said they aren't going to call that at the end of the game, but I think on a 4th and goal on a team's last real chance, if it's a penalty it should get called.

That said, it wasn't like the Niners didn't get away with things as well. Flacco got nailed out of bounds forcing the Ravens to settle for a field goal when it probably should have been a personal foul and 1st down. I feel your pain, b/c you don't want a call like that on a play that is THAT important to be decided by "let them play"...but it was sort of at least consistent with how they reffed the rest of the game.

Team of destiny. You just have to tip your cap and realize the Niners left plenty of points on the board. It wasn't the power outage that really changed anything...the Niners just started finishing drives and not turning the ball over.

Merrith

Honestly Boldin or Jones probably deserved it more than Flacco.

Jozu, do you even live in the bay area or are you some Montana/Young/Rice bandwagoner from the midwest or some shit?
3 TD's and no picks? 66.6% completion %? No, I think Flacco deserved it. Jones' kick return was big, but Flacco threw the passes that he and Boldin caught all game. Even if I would have liked to have seen if Flacco could lead a game winning drive had they called that possible hold in the end zone, you can't argue with his performance in this game or this postseason. 11 TD's and 0 picks. He had some fortune along the way, but maybe you need that sometimes to get over the hump. He earned MVP, and he'll earn his big contract as well.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
3 TD's and no picks? 66.6% completion %? No, I think Flacco deserved it. Jones' kick return was big, but Flacco threw the passes that he and Boldin caught all game. Even if I would have liked to have seen if Flacco could lead a game winning drive had they called that possible hold in the end zone, you can't argue with his performance in this game or this postseason. 11 TD's and 0 picks. He had some fortune along the way, but maybe you need that sometimes to get over the hump. He earned MVP, and he'll earn his big contract as well.
How about they just give Chris Culliver, aka "Toast", the MVP then? If he wasn't complete garbage Flacco's bombs probably wouldn't have spiralled out of control all game.

Merrith

How about they just give Chris Culliver, aka "Toast", the MVP then? If he wasn't complete garbage Flacco's bombs probably wouldn't have spiralled out of control all game.
He has to share that title with most of the Colts secondary, Champ Bailey, and Rahim Moore then. I won't deny one bit that I've never seen a QB benefit more from DB's completely forgetting how to play pass defense when he throws balls up for grabs. His TD throw to Jones was actually a pretty poor underthrow. Still, Flacco made enough big throws to finish their drives in the 1st half and to get a couple field goals to at least stem some of the Niners momentum.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
He has to share that title with most of the Colts secondary, Champ Bailey, and Rahim Moore then. I won't deny one bit that I've never seen a QB benefit more from DB's completely forgetting how to play pass defense when he throws balls up for grabs. His TD throw to Jones was actually a pretty poor underthrow. Still, Flacco made enough big throws to finish their drives in the 1st half and to get a couple field goals to at least stem some of the Niners momentum.
Okay? Listing people who are terrible and/or way over the hill isn't really proving a point dude.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Flacco played tremendously through all the play offs and Super bowl. I am not even a Ravens fan but give credit where it is due Famm.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't really argue his post season stats for the year. We will see next season if he can perform like this consistently. Maybe Cam Cameron really was holding the entire offense back.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We also should have taken three points instead of going for the kill with that faked FG. That almost came back to haunt us.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I've received so many "Congrats on your team winning the SB again!....OH WAIT" texts from my friends tonight. I wish Art Modell was alive so he could die again.

Merrith

Okay? Listing people who are terrible and/or way over the hill isn't really proving a point dude.
It was pointing out the exact same thing you were...the guys played terrible D on quite a few of his long throws. Is what it is.

2 schools of thought. #1 is calling each play on it's own, even given knowing they're going to let more go in a playoff game/Super Bowl (in theory)...#2 is looking at how the game as a whole was called and comparing it to that.

As far as #1 goes, it was definitely at least holding. He had a hold of the jersey and clearly impeded the ability to make any attempt at a catch. As far as #2 goes...they were letting them play pretty much all game. As far as I know there was only 1 pass interference of any kind called, although it did benefit the Ravens when they had 3rd and 9 in their territory with about 7 or 8 minutes left when the score was 31-29. Personally, I think there should be an exception to that rule where Simms said they aren't going to call that at the end of the game, but I think on a 4th and goal on a team's last real chance, if it's a penalty it should get called.

That said, it wasn't like the Niners didn't get away with things as well. Flacco got nailed out of bounds forcing the Ravens to settle for a field goal when it probably should have been a personal foul and 1st down. I feel your pain, b/c you don't want a call like that on a play that is THAT important to be decided by "let them play"...but it was sort of at least consistent with how they reffed the rest of the game.

Team of destiny. You just have to tip your cap and realize the Niners left plenty of points on the board. It wasn't the power outage that really changed anything...the Niners just started finishing drives and not turning the ball over.
It is not consistent when the previous drive by the Ravens was extended by the exact same scenario on Culliver. Only that was on 3rd and 9 and ended up with a field goal. It is far worse to get a non-call on a clear penalty with under 2 minutes to go , on 4th and goal. That has to be the worst non-call ever in a Super Bowl.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah im from MA but i been a hardcore Niner fan since i was 6 yrs old. I dont kno how or why i just took a liking to them. Obviously it probably had something to do with their success but i supported them through everything. Calling me a bandwagon fan is hardly accurate.

Basically almost every1 who knows me knows the first thing about me is im a 49er fan. I have 49er blankets n clothes for fuck sake. I follow them 24/7 365 and after tonight I dont know if ill have the gut to continue getting so worked up about them. At least Jim Harbaugh will be a better more aggressive coach next year .

They were a play away from gettin to super bowl last year. A play away from winning it this year. They will win the fucker next year. They have a defense and a star QB again for the first time since 1997-98.

This just sucks. I hate Ray Lewis. I bet Jack Harbaugh is upset.

Edit: and yeah. The PI on culliver and then no call on crabtree was fuckin unforgivable. Takin solace in that is kind of bitch but honestly there is no way you can just dismiss the shit like it didnt happen. That will go down with the tuck rule snow game call as one of the worse ref decisions in playoff history.

Boger will never be in another super bowl but jim harbaugh will.