2013 NFL Season

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I have to say the Colts look legit this year. 2nd best in AFC, IMO. And no, I didn't forget about the Chiefs.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Okay, first time this season I have the displeasure of catching the opening theme song for sunday night football... who the fuck is that random hookah?
That's some God awful shit, isn't it?

Also, fuck Romo. And fuck Dallas for not just letting the Broncos score the easy one so they could get the ball back.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Still way too early to gauge where the Chiefs should rank among the good teams. Yes they're 5-0 and the D looks really good, but their most impressive win of their 5 wins is against the 2-3 Cowboys.

That said, with their easy schedule, Chiefs could get 12 or 13 wins without really beating anyone good. Their only difficult games are 2 against Denver, 1 against Houston, 1 against Indy. And Houston doesn't exactly look like a juggernaut this year. Even if they have, say, 2 dissapointing turnouts in their easy games there is almost no reason they don't win at least 10 games and its hard to imagine them not being in the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I'm no Romo fan by any means but this isn't the week to throw the blame on his shoulders even with that interception, if your defense can't stop 51 points from being scored you're horribad and they should all be undrafted back to college.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Oddly enough, of the 15 QBs to throw for over 500 yards in a game, their record in those games is only 8-7.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
The game was kind of a summary of Romo's career to this point, no? Played great, good stats, did everything right....until a clutch moment when he throws a game losing interception.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Still way too early to gauge where the Chiefs should rank among the good teams. Yes they're 5-0 and the D looks really good, but their most impressive win of their 5 wins is against the 2-3 Cowboys.

That said, with their easy schedule, Chiefs could get 12 or 13 wins without really beating anyone good. Their only difficult games are 2 against Denver, 1 against Houston, 1 against Indy. And Houston doesn't exactly look like a juggernaut this year. Even if they have, say, 2 dissapointing turnouts in their easy games there is almost no reason they don't win at least 10 games and its hard to imagine them not being in the playoffs in the AFC this year.
I agree with all this stuff.

I actually came to peace today with the Chiefs being 5-0. I'm not even worrying the about the other shoe to drop, because, fuck it. The CHIEFS have won five games in a row. To me, any more wins this year (and I hope there are lots more) are icing on the cupcake, and Iloveicing.

~ Morbidly Obese Gravy (MOG)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd say the Chiefs win over a 3-1 Titans team was more impressive than the Cowboys win. The Titans are a good team, the Cowboys are not. The most impressive part of Todays win is the fact that they had a lead, lost it because of a few bad turnovers, letting Tennessee score 17 straight unanswered points, and still had the wherewithal to pull it together and still get the win. That type of game in the past couple years, the Chiefs basically become demoralized and the game snowballs out of control once they lose the lead.

Their D is legit, the offense still needs some work, but I think they have a decent shot at splitting the 2 games with Denver. Arrowhead will be a madhouse when we play Denver at home, that should be a good game. When we play in Denver, we probably lose by 20.

I'm just thrilled that my 2 favorite teams are 5-0, both the Chiefs and Mizzou. I'm fairly certain that has never, ever happened before, they've pretty much never both been really good at the same time.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm no Romo fan by any means but this isn't the week to throw the blame on his shoulders even with that interception, if your defense can't stop 51 points from being scored you're horribad and they should all be undrafted back to college.
At this point is there really any shame in having Denver drop 40+ on you? Obviously I've got bias in that but really they look unstoppable. Dallas did everything you can do to beat that team and Romo chucked the game away in a very Romo fashion.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I don't like the Chiefs' two games against the Chargers either.

That said, they have a very good chance of being in the wildcard mix (and judging from tonight, bouncing the Texans out), though I would point out that the Lions went 10-6 and got a wildcard without beating a single opponent that was better than 8-8.

The Chiefs have a better playoff formula than the 2011 Lions did, mind you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Schaub has played just well enough for some people to have confidence in him. I can see that fading away this season. He looks pitiful.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kaepernick's confidence is just shot since that Seattle game. Dude needs to get his fucking balls back.
The only thing I enjoy as much as watching the Jets and Patriots lose, is watching the 49ers lose. Fuck you assholes for ditching Alex Smith.