2013 NFL Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The win on MNF is going to bring shitty Itlan back. The Giants can't get to 11 losses soon enough.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's pretty clear who the Vikes need to go with at QB at this point.

ZY9bJ2H.gif

At worst it's a lateral move.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
read that just a bit ago. Wouldnt mind see him give it a shot honestly but on the other hand glad he said no.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Every Bears season goes like this, though. They pound up a few low end teams and people start talking about playoffs. Then they hit the meat of the schedule and people wonder how the coach or QB will survive the season without getting fired or killed. It just happened a little sooner this season, with Detroit deciding to show up for a change.

And as for Cutler, he is in what we Packer fans refer to as the Wayne Fonts / Denny Green zone. He always does _just_ good enough to keep his job, but never good enough to seal the deal for the team, usually failing in spectacular fashion when the chips are down. Lovey is arguably the best coach the Bears have had since Ditka and Cutler managed to get him fired, for fucks sake. Lovey could actually beat the Packers in Lambeau (unlike Cutler). Needless to say, I was elated when they decided to dump Lovey Smith and keep Cutler's gutless ass. Shame for Bears fans, too, because the Bears have a descent amount of talent on offense and as much as they are our rivals, it is a respectable and honorable rivalry (unlike the clusterfuck Vikings or undisciplined Lions) that deep down I would like to see be closer than it is right now.
Stopped reading when you started gushing over Lovie. Decent defensive coach but completely abysmal on offense. There's a reason why he is still unemployed,

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Huh? Araysar had me convinced that the Bears were a perennial, top 10 defense. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!!!
They were for the last decade up until this season. Then it literally fell off a cliff.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I agree with Araysarbro! (Edit: About Lovie Smith)

Also, Garcia's wife is hotter than Favre's. Much better move for the Rams.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Unless you watch the Bears regularly then it's easy to just say Cutler wasn't good and there were certainly games he wasn't. With that said aside from the 1st half of this past week he was looking pretty studly now that he had an actual coach who knew what a real offense looked like, think we're 2nd behind the Broncos in most offensive numbers while our defense is now 28th with a DVOA of 23 or some equally bad shit.
No. Bears are in the middle of the pack on offense. Their ppg is 2nd, but that's more because they're tied for 1st in takeaways Thanks to their defense

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Id love to see Brett Favre come back.

And then put up like 25 TDs and 3500 yards for the remaining 9 games.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Bears piss me off. Bears football has been heavy defense orientated and it worked really well for them. This year we got rid of Lovie (okay fine, whatever not sure how many coaches get fired after a 10 - 6 season but whatever change can be good). They dump Marinelli and Urlacher. Urlacher was definitely getting old but he knew the defense and he was a huge help to the coaching staff. He also was really smart in figuring out what offenses we're going to run. Briggs has been with the Bears for a decade though so sure give him captain he deserves it but it's his first year as captain of the Bears D.

Bears pick up Trestman because our offense has been shit for so long we look back on McMahon with fond memories. So the Bears office and Trestman throw money and time at an offense that desperately needed it but this is happening on top of massive changes in the defense. The problem then becomes our defense is anemic as every other fucking high powered offense except we don't really have a high powered offense. So we won't win in a shootout with Luck, Peyton, and any other QB having a really good game and we don't have the defense to stop them from scoring. I boil it down to a rebuilding year because we have the talent but it's a serious reshuffle and everyone needs time to get everything sorted out. Except now your buddy and mine J Cutty is due up for a contract and the Bears are either going to keep an average QB with a cannon arm or we are going to breaking in a new guy in 2013-2014. Christ. I love my Bears but goodamn.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
As a Cowboy fan I would like to thank the Bears for Rod Marinelli, we have more turnovers through 7 games than we had the entire year previously. The guy has taken nobody failures and turned them into a formidable line. After knowing what the Bears defense is about all the years with him and the turn around the Dallas D has had it is crystal clear Marinelli is the reason for it. They may suck and give up a ton of yards but they at least can get to the QB and and take the ball away which is something they didn't do without him.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gushing over Lovie? Not exactly, but his record stands. He had the best winning percentage against the Packers of any Bears coach outside of Ditka and had the only other Superbowl appearance, as well. Except for one or two seasons, the Bears were always generating winning records. His problem was the Cutler trade caused a bunch of collateral drama that ultimately made him fall out of favor with both the front office and large chunks of the fan base. Basically, the Bears somehow turned into the Giants, minus the Superbowl rings. Perhaps he is to blame for the culture shift that led to their current predicament, but I think the front office might have fucked him with the constant carousel of offensive coordinators the last few years.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm sure when Favre is sitting at home watching games on Sunday while also sending dick pics to whatever sideline reporter he sees the like of Freeman, Weeden, Clemens, etc starting and thinks even at 44 he's a hell of a lot better than they are. And you know what? He's probably right, just goes to show how shitty you can be as a backup QB.