2013 NFL Season

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just shows any given Sunday. Particularly with a solid team. Really sucks about Ridley this year. I don't remember him being so dropsy last year but that could be rose colored glasses.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It makes me nervous that St. Louis and Arizona are looking tough the last couple weeks. The 49ers still have to play the Rams once and the Cards twice and I have been counting that as 3 wins but unless they figure out how to spark the offense I don't think that is guaranteed especially vs. the Cards.

If they don't show up angry tonight and kick the shit out of the Redskins I am going to start worrying about even getting a wildcard slot.
Niners played (and beat) Arizona in week 6.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bro are you really that jealous of all of Peyon Mannings accomplishments that you can't think objectively?

Mike Wallace dropping the game winning touchdown.
Nuqwcma.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
does anybody feel like the pats victory solved the brady vs. manning debate?

i do
No, because this game was decided by a special teams mistake. If either quarter back had marched down the field in OT and scored/won, then you could say something. If that special teams mistake didn't happen, I bet that game ties, because both offenses couldn't do jack late 4th and into OT.

If anything playoff records and performance give quite a bit more evidence for that debate.

But you are also biased as hell, and if the pats lost you still wouldn't budge.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
No, because this game was decided by a special teams mistake. If either quarter back had marched down the field in OT and scored/won, then you could say something. If that special teams mistake didn't happen, I bet that game ties, because both offenses couldn't do jack late 4th and into OT.

If anything playoff records and performance give quite a bit more evidence for that debate.

But you are also biased as hell, and if the pats lost you still wouldn't budge.
19/36 150 yards 2 TD 1 INT, blew 24 point lead

VS

34/50 344 yards 3 TD, scored 31 unanswered points for biggest comeback in teams history.

Brady isn't perfect, but he is pretty fucking clutch and barely blinks an eye at these kinds of comebacks against elite teams (saints game is further evidence). Payton is an amazing QB but Brady has shown he's got the better ability at overcoming adversity when it counts again and again.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This argument is so stupid. Peyton had Negrobot, Dungy, and Jim Mora as his coaches. Two are awful, and the other is Tony Dungy who I think is slightly better than awful. If you put Manning on a team with actual defense and an actual football coach who schemes and shit I think he wins two or three Super Bowls too.

That's not to say Manning is clearly better than Brady or anything, but Belichek is so much better than everyone else at coaching(not personnel, coaching) that it tilts the favor heavily in his direction. Looking at what happened when the Colts lost Peyton and comparing it to the Pats losing Brady pretty much says it all.

They are both all-timers.

No, because this game was decided by a special teams mistake. If either quarter back had marched down the field..
manning - 1 td

brady - 3 tds in 27 minutes

huh?

did you happen to catch the overtime manning drive where welker dropped the ball on 3rd and 8?

summary:

1 yd loss on a run
3 yd gain on a run(yes Peyton's pussy ass didnt pass on 2 and 11)
welker drop 3 and 8
punt

summary:

1 yd loss on a run
3 yd gain on a run(yes Peyton's pussy ass didnt pass on 2 and 11)
welker drop 3 and 8
punt
oh not to mention when Peyton chose to hand off on 2 and 11 Kyle Arrington was covering Demarius Thomas because Aqib was on the sideline. Good call Peyton.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Same argument. Who is better? Magic or Bird? Russell or Chamberlain (thats actually not a great comparison, because Chamberlain was so obviously the far superior talent)

Payton and Brady are amazing and we are lucky to be able to watch them play against each other so often. People say Rodgers is the best football player in the league. IDK. If I want a QB in every day regular season situations, Id take Manning. If its a playoff game, or if Im down by 10 at the start of the 4th quarter, I want Brady.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
oh not to mention when Peyton chose to hand off on 2 and 11 Kyle Arrington was covering Demarius Thomas because Aqib was on the sideline. Good call Peyton.
Dude, the Pats won, why are you getting all rustled? Especially when it's clear that A. Smith is better than both of them.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Didn't the Broncos lose 2-3 defensive players to injury in the first half? Brady basically picked on some benchwarming DB's on the 2nd half. That's not to say they wouldn't have scored points; they definitely would have, but it wouldn't have been a comeback win.