2013 NFL Season

does anybody feel like the pats victory solved the brady vs. manning debate?

i do
Well, they're both still playing. If Manning wins multiple Super Bowls with 2 teams I think it might change the conversation somewhat since no QB has ever done it (I'm talking about starters here, don't pull out some 3rd stringer who happened to be holding a clipboard in the right places at the right time), if I recall. Maybe not, he might never pass Brady's 3 total.

Last night's game proved that Manning is still capable of going to shit in open air stadiums when it's cold and windy, but the New England comeback was definitely out of his hands. I'm sure he would also fail to adequately cover Gronk...but to my knowledge he has never lined up on defense. If this question does ever have an answer it'll probably come when they're both done playing.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The Manning vs Brady debate will never be solved.

I do think Brady gets some points this year though for doing what they are doing with nobody.

That said, i'm a Pats fan, been one for a long time and even I would give the nod on straight up QB battle to Payton.

I think Brady / Belichick > all though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Manning vs Brady debate has already been solved.

138326976.jpg

Twice

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
the undefeated miami dolphins team won less games consecutively than the 07 pats.

just trolling though
Yeah but the Pats team lost infinity % more games.

But yeah, definitely trolling. I hate the Pats, by they've been consistently amazing the last decade

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
the undefeated miami dolphins team won less games consecutively than the 07 pats.

just trolling though
For someone who was just pointing out that Brady was better than Manning because of Superbowls. You really can't just discount the fact that the Dolphins actually WON the Superbowl the year they went undefeated and the Patriots lost to Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning.

Aren't you a Dolphins fan? You totally could have gone the undefeated season way on him.
I don't really think Don Shula and Bob Griese were better than them.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Anyone see Browner going to be suspended for 8 games? Holy fuck the Seahawks defense is just a juice fest on the level of any given MLB team.

An interesting thought...at what point do we have to stop comparing players from different eras? Pre-salary cap or pre-free agency? Maybe you have to draw the line when the NFL decided that plays formerly known as "hitting the quarterback" would now be "15 yard penalty". Like I don't even want to see a total passing yards statistic anymore...the game has been changed with the specific intention of inflating the fuck out of that stat to cause the inevitable increase in scoring. Just one example.