2013 NFL Season

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Point is that Championship teams should be weather proof. If the only way Manning and the Broncos can win is if the weather cooperates then they don't deserve to be champions. Many meaningful playoff games are played in 'extreme' elements and there is no reason that variable needs to be eliminated from the Superbowl. People who don't think the game will be entertaining unless conditions allow Manning to put up video-game numbers are just your typical fantasy-football junkie fan who only care about scoring and don't understand or appreciate actual football.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's going to be in the mid/high 30s on Sunday anyway. All this talk is irrelevant.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If a team can only win because of a freak blizzard, then they're far less deserving.

You have the greatest offense of all time vs the greatest pass defense I can ever remember ever seeing. Can we not just enjoy that? If you need to throw a bunch of crazy shit on top of that to be excited for the game, then you must not be that much of a football fan

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't need crazy weather added for the game to be exciting, but the people lambasting the NFL for having the gall to schedule the Superbowl in a cold-weather city need to stfu. You eliminated like 75% of potentially awesome venues for the Superbowl with that terrible line of thinking. "OH MY GAWD, THERE MIGHT BE WEATHER, CAN'T PLAY THERE!" Stupid.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
See, Peyton already has to wear a glove and has numbness in his hand, so cold won't be a problem!
Cold by itself is fine and nobody should throw a fit unless you're deep into the negatives. Heavy snow, on the other hand, has such a dramatic effect on every aspect of the game that it's almost a completely different game

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd feel bad for fans, fuck sitting in some horrible weather for 3-4 hours even if it is to watch the Superbowl. Especially when it cost you 1k+ a ticket to do it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if your team is in it you shouldn't be spending that kind of money to support this advertising circus that caters more to the media and celebrities than fans.

Plus plenty of fans have sat through serious outdoor conditions at their team's games. For people that actually go to games its part of the deal.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Most people there paid over $3k. The fact that some people are now dumping tickets because they are afraid of cold weather doesn't make me wrong.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't need crazy weather added for the game to be exciting, but the people lambasting the NFL for having the gall to schedule the Superbowl in a cold-weather city need to stfu. You eliminated like 75% of potentially awesome venues for the Superbowl with that terrible line of thinking. "OH MY GAWD, THERE MIGHT BE WEATHER, CAN'T PLAY THERE!" Stupid.
The Super Bowl is supposed to be on a neutral field, with neutral weather. It needs to be as "fair" to both teams competing as possible. Otherwise, you may as well end up with horseshit like MLB, where your all-star game determines home field.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The Super Bowl is supposed to be on a neutral field,
Didn't stop them from keeping Superbowl XIX in Palo Alto.

with neutral weather.
Says who? You? There have been plenty of Superbowls played in "weather." Football is suppose to be played in the elements, and part of playoff football has always included winter conditions. This isn't arena football, it's the NFL.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pretty sure both teams will be playing in the same weather. You just think it favors Seattle and you're super afraid they might win.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
On the one hand, I'm a proud member of Team Sherman at the moment, so I'd be fine with them winning. On the other hand, Manning is a badass and I'd kinda like to be able to go back and quote all the people in this thread who said the Broncos couldn't win a Super Bowl with their weak defense because "defense wins championships hurr durrr dipshit football fan platitude logic!"

Thanks for the link. Interesting read.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To be fair, Denver's defense is due in their playoff wins so far. Holding the Chargers to 17 and the Pats to even less. Putting up 24 and then 26 points isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
On the one hand, I'm a proud member of Team Sherman at the moment, so I'd be fine with them winning. On the other hand, Manning is a badass and I'd kinda like to be able to go back and quote all the people in this thread who said the Broncos couldn't win a Super Bowl with their weak defense because "defense wins championships hurr durrr dipshit football fan platitude logic!"
In the same boat. Love Sherman and would be great for him to win the Super Bowl and piss off all the crybabies. You got players committing assault, DUIs, multiple murders, drug trafficking, etc and Sherman's a POS because he said something mean to his biggest rival. Rae Carruth doesn't have shit on the monster that is Richard Sherman. People really need some perspective.

On the Bronco's side, Manning is just awesome and it's great being able to see the best qb of all time playing his best football. Shutting up the Skip Bayless's of the world and their nonsense of "greatest regular season qb of all time" would be nice as well. Even though he didn't put up 50 against the Pats, they scored on all but their first drive and the way their were able to dominate the time of possession was just as affective. They eliminated any chance for a Pats miracle comeback with their 7-8 minute drives while scoring every time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Football is suppose to be played in the elements.
Says who? You? I have my opinion, you have yours. I think that the game which decides the season's champion, should be played in conditions with as few outside influences as possible. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.