2013 NFL Season

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Says who? You? I have my opinion, you have yours. I think that the game which decides the season's champion, should be played in conditions with as few outside influences as possible. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
No I don't say, the fact that 24 (soon to be 25) out of the 32 teams have outdoor stadiums says so. AFL starts in March so you can have your weather-free football soon enough.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No I don't say, the fact that 24 (soon to be 25) out of the 32 teams have outdoor stadiums says so. AFL starts in March so you can have your weather-free football soon enough.
The fact that the NFL hasn't had a super bowl in an outdoor cold weather stadium before says you don't know what you're talking about.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The fact that the NFL is having a Super Bowl in an outdoor cold weather stadium says that I know exactly what I am talking about.

Also, the fact that the NFL also usually picks a warmer climate for the Superbowl has nothing to do with "weather impacting the game" and everything to do with all of the going-ons surrounding the game, making it a more attractive tourist activity.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Also, the fact that the NFL also usually picks a warmer climate for the Superbowl has nothing to do with "weather impacting the game" and everything to do with all of the going-ons surrounding the game,making it a more attractive tourist activity.
Boy are fans going to be upset when the Super Bowl is here in Santa Clara.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let me get this straight, every single game leading up to the superbowl we dont give a shit about the weather. But now we do because "fairness"? Stop being a goddamn pussy. I hope the seacocks win so manning fails and it makes all the niner fans even more butthurt than a no lube night with their life partner.

I still give a shit about the weather during the other games. However there isn't anything to be done about that aside from mandating that all teams need to build domes to play in or something ridiculous like that. Deciding where the Super Bowl is to be played is a completely different beast though. You can chose to play it with an absolute guarantee of good conditions (dome), a very high probability of good conditions (Southern/Southwestern location), or a high probability of shitty conditions (fucking new york). Just doesn't seem like its a good call to go with the latter. But since so many "real" football fans have a hard on for playing the weather as well as your opponent I guess the NFL is justified.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just read no team has ever had home field advantage in the SB, let alone win one at home. I think it said Tampa Bay was the last SB hosting team to even make the playoffs, but I forget which year... 2000? Meh, it was on Wiki for what it's worth.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The fact that the NFL is having a Super Bowl in an outdoor cold weather stadium says that I know exactly what I am talking about.

Also, the fact that the NFL also usually picks a warmer climate for the Superbowl has nothing to do with "weather impacting the game" and everything to do with all of the going-ons surrounding the game, making it a more attractive tourist activity.
THe NFL totally gives a shit about cities tourism board and that also explains why they play in cold cities frequently when there's a dome.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lets just wait and see if there's any indication whatsoever that weather plays a role in the outcome. Absent an actual blizzard, I doubt it. Manning won his last one in a torrential downpour but no one claims that was somehow unfair.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just read no team has ever had home field advantage in the SB, let alone win one at home. I think it said Tampa Bay was the last SB hosting team to even make the playoffs, but I forget which year... 2000? Meh, it was on Wiki for what it's worth.
Closest may be the 1985 Super Bowl that was played in Stanford, which is right down the way from San Francisco.

Edit: Just to clarify, it was the 1984 season. The game was just in 1985

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boy are fans going to be upset when the Super Bowl is here in Santa Clara.
It probably will be in 2015 too, since they are up against Miami and Goodell has shown a propensity to award it to teams who build big new state of the art stadiums.

Lets just wait and see if there's any indication whatsoever that weather plays a role in the outcome. Absent an actual blizzard, I doubt it. Manning won his last one in a torrential downpour but no one claims that was somehow unfair.
To be fair he was playing against the Sex Cannon. I feel like God took pity on us poor Bears fans and made it rain so hard that we could actually pretend we were still in the game despite the disparity between starting QBs. It was only fair.

Edit for clarification;

I don't mind a little bit of rain or cold weather. Its the possibility of heavy snow or torrential rains that bother me when it comes time to play the game. Sorry but I just won't find much exciting about watching fans throw snowballs at each other and a bunch of players slipping and sliding until they fall on their asses.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I still give a shit about the weather during the other games. However there isn't anything to be done about that aside from mandating that all teams need to build domes to play in or something ridiculous like that. Deciding where the Super Bowl is to be played is a completely different beast though. You can chose to play it with an absolute guarantee of good conditions (dome), a very high probability of good conditions (Southern/Southwestern location), or a high probability of shitty conditions (fucking new york). Just doesn't seem like its a good call to go with the latter. But since so many "real" football fans have a hard on for playing the weather as well as your opponent I guess the NFL is justified.
This.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just want you guys to know how impressed I am by the people showing how badass they are by wanting the game to be in a blizzard while their fat ass sits at home watching the game on their parent's couch.

You guys are real tough and we're total pussies

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think there should be a concern about weather not for the game as much as the fans going. What happens if there is a blizzard Sunday morning? Televising a 1/2 empty Super Bowl would be awesome if no one could get to the stadium due to 20 inches of snow.

Sure, they could reschedule, but I struggle to believe that wouldn't be a total clusterfuck and a huge loss of money.