2013 NFL Season

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I thought it was a pretty balsy call by Belichick to defer in the OT and take the wind. If Denver had marched down the field and scored a TD, he would have gotten a lot of shit. I doubt many other coaches would have done that playing Denver.
Another "4th and 2 vs. Peyton" moments ready to go, yeah. What is the saying though? "If you risk it all and it works, you're a genius. If it fails you're an idiot." or whatever.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can put just as much blame on welker for that play as the guy the ball hit, he was way late on waiving them off

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The guy who got hit couldn't do anything, by the time he knew what was going on he flinched then got smacked by the ball. Not really Welker's fault either IMO. Just one of those bad-luck flukes (like blocked field goals/missed extra points/hail mary tip-drill huge touchdowns like aj green's this year/etc.).

I also don't think you can say it was a brilliant call to defer. He was probably hoping for a solid defensive stand (they were great for the entire 2nd half) and then an easier game winning drive with field goal being in play and not some brilliantly planned out 12 minute OT punt fluke into the red zone. That's a ballsy play tho considering it's Peyton Manning and that the Pats offense started stalling towards the end of the game right before OT.

Column_sl

shitlord
Anybody that really thinks it was his fault is an idiot.
That shit was a fluke. That whole game ended on the strangest shit ever, but at least it wasn't a tie.

If anyone should be blamed is that shitty ass defense for letting them come back from a 24 point lead....

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just wanted to say oh wow at Pats turning this game around. Stayed up until 3.15 AM local time to catch the first quarter but very soon regretted that.
smile.png
Made a little wish to wake up to the news of an epic reversal and lo and behold, Brady delivered.
biggrin.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Flex scheduling is the tits.
I'm not a fan of it, myself.

Great football weekend, though. Divisions are tightening up, should be a fun playoff race.

I'm certainly not happy the Chiefs lost, but the offense had it's best game of the year. Losing Hali and Houston is going to suck balls.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It makes me nervous that St. Louis and Arizona are looking tough the last couple weeks. The 49ers still have to play the Rams once and the Cards twice and I have been counting that as 3 wins but unless they figure out how to spark the offense I don't think that is guaranteed especially vs. the Cards.

If they don't show up angry tonight and kick the shit out of the Redskins I am going to start worrying about even getting a wildcard slot.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Definitely a better game for sure, but...

It's another Saints home game in primetime. (When was the last time anyone didn't get blown out in NO on a primetime game?)
Carolina always tends to give NO a run for their money regardless of the records/situation.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't even know what to think about the fact that the AFC only has 5 teams with winning records. The other 11 teams are all 5-6 or worse