2013 NFL Season

moontayle

Golden Squire
Farmer's Almanac forecast the weather to be extremely shitty around the Super Bowl. I don't usually put too much stock into such things but they seemed to hit the proverbial nail on the head here.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Reduced to talking about weather for a game a week and a half away. What has become of us?!

Anyway, I'm ready for the next season already. Broncos suck dong, no way they make the playoffs next year. :/

Why? Football is meant to be played in weather. Snow games are some of the best and they STILL talk about the Ice Bowl every year during the playoffs. Which Superbowl can claim that?
Freezing temps are great and everything. You can still play the game at a high level in them. It just hurts more. A shitty snowy, mucky game takes away options. I want to see two full strength teams play it out. Not weather enforced slip slop boredom.

Said mucky, not mud. If its just really cold then great. If its covered in snow or melting snow then I'm not a fan. Just personal preference in what I like to see in a game. I'm sure its not purist enough though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love shitty weather games, but for instance, the Super Bowl in Miami in 2007 was fucking awful to watch. I kind of feel bad for Peyton that he's going to get two completely shitty ass weather Super Bowls.

Shitty weather like this year's Lions/Eagles blizzard was cool to watch for a while, and then you realize it's just not good football. Not necessarily awful, but you get a lot of stupid shit like higher than usual turnovers, reduced play selection, etc.

Cold is fine but I hope they avoid precipitation and crazy winds. Definitely want to see a high level football game. It's our last hurrah for meaningful football until September, after all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
BTW, even though the 49ers lost the game, I think the mystique of Seattle at home is about dead. Between them losing to AZ and then this game where the 49ers were in control of the game for 3 quarters and it took 3 turnovers in the 4th for Seattle to come back. The magical crowd never got within 20 dB of the record and they hardly seem unbeatable at home anymore. I don't think the crowd noise was a factor at all in the game even though the announcers kept saying that it was.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
BTW, even though the 49ers lost the game, I think the mystique of Seattle at home is about dead. Between them losing to AZ and then this game where the 49ers were in control of the game for 3 quarters and it took 3 turnovers in the 4th for Seattle to come back. The magical crowd never got within 20 dB of the record and they hardly seem unbeatable at home anymore. I don't think the crowd noise was a factor at all in the game even though the announcers kept saying that it was.
What ever helps you sleep at night man. I bet we go 7-1 at home next year at worst.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Crowd noise was not nearly as big of a factor as the absolutely shitty quarterback on the 49ers. Way to completely down grade from your last one.

razzle_sl

shitlord
You realize nothing pro 49ers and negative Seahawks is allowed here right? It brings out the sandy vaginas.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Crowd noise was not nearly as big of a factor as the absolutely shitty quarterback on the 49ers. Way to completely down grade from your last one.
Super insightful post man. No one has brought that up in this thread.

razzle_sl

shitlord
Last week I came here and asked you guys whether they thought the cost of tickets to this game might impact the amount of noise during the NFC Championship game. The rationale being that the people who are going to shell out $300+ for a football game might not be the same people who will want to lose their voice screaming for 3+ hours straight. All of you guys shrugged it off but when it came down to it, it wasn't that loud.

The "mystique" is still alive and well with their fanbase and the media. As long as the fans are on board, they'll have the ability to hamper opposing communication when they're at home and that will continue to bring a huge advantage.

The SB is going to be entertaining but I think its Denver's game to lose (surprise). Seattle has been just above average all year on the road. Now they're heading to freezing weather, away from Seattle, playing a team that can actually communicate with each other, and will look above average once again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, the 49ers sure showed them!

It's just a shame that retards are clinging to the Sherman story instead of talking about the much more relevant issue of how terrible both qbs are

Gecko_sl

shitlord
There was enough attention on them that they had to turn off the extra speakers and rely on real crowd noise.

Sherman is a goofball, but he was right. Huge choke job by San Fran.

I've watched three games this year and I have yet to see what the big deal is about Russel Wilson. He seems an ok young QB, but way over hyped for his skills and capabilities.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Good game manager which is shown by his great TD/int ratio, but if you don't have an amazing D he's not going to bail you out of anything. His complete inability to read and react to blitzes was obvious against the 49ers. How many times did he end up running backwards 10 yards? Led to some huge sacks and intentional grounding penalties. He did have that 1 deep pass when his Oline gave him 15 seconds and the TD when the defender was offsides and they had a free play.

They were missing 2 top receivers I guess, but people calling him one of the best qbs in the league are delusional