2013 Oscar Nominations

Dick_Hertz_sl

shitlord
pretty much sums up the oscars

charlizetheronboobs_.gif
Lol Seth McFarland was the host xD

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Why the hell everyone keeps talking about great actors and not mentioning Edward Norton is mind boggling.

American History X
25th Hour
The Painted Veil
Death to Smoochy
Fight Club
The Illusionist
Rounders
Keeping the Faith
Red Dragon

Even if you hate the movies he is a phenomenal actor with a huge range.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
again, you obviously don't know much about depp's work if you think he always plays a weirdo in makeup. fear and loathing, gilbert grape, donnie brasco, finding neverland, from hell, ed wood and blow. all movies were he plays a regular role and knocks it out of the park. you can't judge him simply based on the past several years. he's even admitted himself that at this point he's just doing it for the money (and who can blame him for what they're paying him?). if you look at his full body of work, including 3 oscar nominations, you won't find a better actor.
Did you not read the first part when I said "they'vebecome?" I'm not saying Depp doesn't have a catalog of great performances, what I'm saying is he's been brushed aside lately when people mention phenomenal actors mainly because of his recent history.

Anyway, Bale > all.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why the hell everyone keeps talking about great actors and not mentioning Edward Norton is mind boggling.

American History X
25th Hour
The Painted Veil
Death to Smoochy
Fight Club
The Illusionist
Rounders
Keeping the Faith
Red Dragon

Even if you hate the movies he is a phenomenal actor with a huge range.
A lot of people consider Norton a giant douche, so there's that. But I agree, I think he's a great actor.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I watched Donnie Brasco again this weekend and it is a good movie, but all I could think was I wish that Johnny Depp was Ray Liotta, Bruno Kirby actually was Joe Pesci instead of a guy doing a Joe Pesci impression, and that I was watching Goodfellas instead of a well made Goodfellas ripoff. Anne Heche is delicious though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Depp is kind of hurt in his recent roles as far as acting chops by his Disney contracts. I think Norton is great but is apparently a huge pain in the ass to work with .

khysanth_sl

shitlord
Chanur nailed it really.

Depp is pigeonholed as, well, Depp. And Norton can definitely be a pain to work with (I haven't personally, but I work in the industry and this seems to be the consensus).

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Chanur nailed it really.

Depp is pigeonholed as, well, Depp. And Norton can definitely be a pain to work with (I haven't personally, but I work in the industry and this seems to be the consensus).
Wonder if this had anything to do with his not appearing as the Hulk in the Avengers...although, his role as the Hulk was by far my least favorite of his.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It mainly has to do with Norton signing a 3 movie contract and constantly pushing off proposed projects to him. It ended with him being forced to do The Italian Job (or risk being sued) and then refusing to promote the movie in any way. It's only gotten worse since then.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Since people here seem to have some level of inside track, what the hell happened to Kilmer? Besides the obvious corpulence, I assume brought on by a wastrel life of bacchian excess, was he just a terrible douche or something to work with? I always thought him to be quite talented at his craft.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Since people here seem to have some level of inside track, what the hell happened to Kilmer? Besides the obvious corpulence, I assume brought on by a wastrel life of bacchian excess, was he just a terrible douche or something to work with? I always thought him to be quite talented at his craft.
i always liked val. his role as doc holliday in "tombstone" was epic. i also liked him as john holmes in the movie "wonderland" which was a great film that never got the notoriety it deserved.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I don't know about Duchovney but I question your judgement if you don't think DiCaprio is great. Have you seen Revolutionary Road, Gangs of New York, Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed, and Django Unchained?

And Brad Pitt didn't stop. Tree of Life, Money Ball, Killing Them Softly (those three from the past 2 years), Inglorious Basterds, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, and Babel.
How can you leave out Pitt in Snatch. That's one role he nails completely.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Snatch is probably my favorite performance by him, even more so than Fight Club. I just fucking love that movie, honestly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Brad Pitt is a very average actor. He's either really good, or he's absolutely shit. That said, he's probably the biggest "star" in the world.

Dicaprio is for me the best actor going. DDL is great, but his volume is too small. Leo has done twice as many movies and is a good deal younger, and has put in performances up there w/ DDL. Thought Leo was terrific in Django, and its bullshit he wasn't nominated for an Oscar.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Leo's track record is hard to argue with. I do really love Ed Norton though and think he deserves to be in this discussion.

Kilmer is pretty great in Heat too.