2014 Emmy Nominations

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lead Actor in a Comedy featured like 5 people from cable shows and fucking Sheldon from Big Bang Theory won.
The most disturbing thing about that? Jim Parsons now has as many Best Actor Emmys as Carroll O'Connor, Michael J. Fox, and Kelsey Grammar, and more than Tony Shalhoub, Don Adams, and John Lithgow. The next time he wins (which seems likely considering he's won 4 of the 6 years he's been nominated and BBT is already picked up for three more years), he will have the most wins in that categoryever.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Say what you will about the character, but I think Anna Gunn had some really good performances on Breaking Bad, particularly in the episode she was nominated for - Ozymandias. (I was a little surprised they submitted that instead of Buried since I think her scene with Hank in the diner was probably her strongest in the entire series, but I suppose submitting such a highly regarded episode wasn't a bad move.)
Yeah when Ozymandias aired my buddy and I looked at each other and said "yup, that's the episode they will submit". Anymore winning is as much about choosing the right submittal as it is the overall body of work.

Cybsled

General rule of thumb: if a series or a movie trilogy gets snubbed for years, the final season/movie will win to basically make it an
overall award.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Breaking Bad is a great show and even though I thought MM should of won best actor, I'm not shocked Cranston won. That category was pretty loaded this year. How Tyrion lost supporting actor is beyond me. I understand honoring a show in it's final year (Breaking Bad) but that doesn't mean you let them sweep every single category. I guess they really did screw True Detective by not submitting it as a miniseries.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I felt like BB didn't deserve the hype it was getting until some point through season 3, at which point the uneven / dull pancake eating episodes seemed to disappear and it was nothing but great from then on. Like around when you have the goddamn awesome "Get. Out. Of my. Territory" bit followed by four or five episodes of pure fucking suck. And then it just takes the fuck off, and that final season was holy shit. No show can hope to end on as high a note as BB did. S5 was just pure fucking awesome.

That said, MM > Cranston. The guy made sitting in a chair delivering slow monologues the most fascinating goddamn thing on tv, for fuck's sake.

I assume the episode the director got the nod for was the crackhouse robbery one shot. Since, you know, we all saw that coming the moment it aired.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah when Ozymandias aired my buddy and I looked at each other and said "yup, that's the episode they will submit". Anymore winning is as much about choosing the right submittal as it is the overall body of work.
You really sit around watching TV shows thinking about what episodes they'll submit to the Emmy's? You on the Emmy board or something? Cause that's fucking weird.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
GoT wasn't robbed, season 4 was in no way as good as season 3 - and even then, the show has a lot of filler. The season finale was good, but it wasn't mind melting or anything. Let's not forget things that were left out (won't spoil anything).

I don't believe anyone in that place thought that they would win against breaking bad. Best actor? Cranston owned that role, absolutely 100%. He WAS breaking bad.

Tyrion is one of my favorite characters ever, and Dinklage is great, but you can't compare the man who gets around 10 minutes of airtime per episode to Jesse Pinkman. Pinkman owned his role, and in the final season I think he really took his performance up a notch to an insane level.

Best drama? That's easy. A lot of people complain about filler early on, but once the ride picked up it was a non-stop roller coaster.

Is breaking bad overrated? Maybe, but it's my favorite TV series of all time.. so there's that.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Hey everyone, Breaking Bad is NoodleAnus favorite show so we should all stop talking shit.

Pinkman's 3rd fucking Emmy was soooo deserved over this:

iannis

Musty Nester
The most disturbing thing about that? Jim Parsons now has as many Best Actor Emmys as Carroll O'Connor, Michael J. Fox, and Kelsey Grammar, and more than Tony Shalhoub, Don Adams, and John Lithgow. The next time he wins (which seems likely considering he's won 4 of the 6 years he's been nominated and BBT is already picked up for three more years), he will have the most wins in that categoryever.
Sure, but this is all that Sheldon from BBT is ever going to do. He's not exaggerating mannerisms. He acts -exactly- the same way in interviews.

He's a character actor and there is precious little call for the character he plays. Him and the Jew are fucked by their success. The girls and the indian guy probably aren't, and that guy who was on Rosanne anchored the show -- he'll anchor the next iteration I expect. Probably as the father.

Edit: I agree about Anna Gunn. The woman is a fine if not exceptional actress. The Skylar character was in no way good. A good actor elevates the material and Gunn did that. That's how fucking badly skylar was written to begin with.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey everyone, Breaking Bad is NoodleAnus favorite show so we should all stop talking shit.

Pinkman's 3rd fucking Emmy was soooo deserved over this:

Feel free to talk shit, the way I wrote my statement I meant to imply that it is my favorite show and I am possibly a bit jaded on my decision.

GoT was my favorite show of all time until I watched BB.

Juvarisx

Florida
Sure, but this is all that Sheldon from BBT is ever going to do. He's not exaggerating mannerisms. He acts -exactly- the same way in interviews.

He's a character actor and there is precious little call for the character he plays. Him and the Jew are fucked by their success. The girls and the indian guy probably aren't, and that guy who was on Rosanne anchored the show -- he'll anchor the next iteration I expect. Probably as the father.

Edit: I agree about Anna Gunn. The woman is a fine if not exceptional actress. The Skylar character was in no way good. A good actor elevates the material and Gunn did that. That's how fucking badly skylar was written to begin with.
Considering what he makes per episode withe the 3 upcoming new seasons, I don't think the word "fucked" comes to mind. Even if he never does another show on TV again, he can just go back to Broadway.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I only mean fucked for tv and probably movies. You'll never look at him and see anything besides Sheldon Cooper. I don't mean fucked for life. No, he's set for life.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It is my dream to be a lead actor on a syndicated sitcom. God the money. The money...

And Parsons makes BBT and it is a wildly popular show despite most of the internet hating it. If it wasn't for him I don't think the show would work. I feel the other actors are interchangeable but he is not.

-edit-

And I thought I remember someone telling me Parsons did a bunch of stage acting prior to BBT?

khorum

Murder Apologist
GoT wasn't robbed, season 4 was in no way as good as season 3 - and even then, the show has a lot of filler. The season finale was good, but it wasn't mind melting or anything. Let's not forget things that were left out (won't spoil anything).

I don't believe anyone in that place thought that they would win against breaking bad. Best actor? Cranston owned that role, absolutely 100%. He WAS breaking bad.

Tyrion is one of my favorite characters ever, and Dinklage is great, but you can't compare the man who gets around 10 minutes of airtime per episode to Jesse Pinkman. Pinkman owned his role, and in the final season I think he really took his performance up a notch to an insane level.

Best drama? That's easy. A lot of people complain about filler early on, but once the ride picked up it was a non-stop roller coaster.

Is breaking bad overrated? Maybe, but it's my favorite TV series of all time.. so there's that.
I agree GoT had stiff competition with breaking bad's final season but the sense that it was robbed is coming from watching the Emmy award show itself, actually.

From the cute cersei snark from Lena heady to weird Al's lampoon of spoiler nazis all the way to Andy samberg handing GRRM a typewriter while dressed up as Joffrey singing "get to typing"--- there was a sense it was GoT's night. But in hindsight it was probably inevitable that the industry folks prolly felt they had no choice but to vote for breaking bad, since it's the show they all want to be making.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Timing is a mother fucker. If Breaking Bad had just ended a week ago instead of a year ago, most of us would probably be nodding our heads in agreement. Reality is, the epic seasons of GoT's and True Detective are just fresher in the mind.

Truth is, you cannot go wrong with any of them. They all produced "all time great" television.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who knew Emmy voters were such avid GoT book readers, and didn't chose GoT for awards based on a faulty book to show translation. Thanks Noodle!