2014 Emmy Nominations

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed Breaking Bad but think True Detective got fucked by the BB knob slobbing.

spronk

FPS noob
i've been marathoning through some seriously hideous TV - watching Crossbones right now, it is SOOOOOOOOO bad - so when I do watch True Detective, it will be like the most delicious pure spring water from the oasis of a virgins thighs, quenching my parched thirst in a desert of shitty TV

Parsons won because BBT is the old school style of comedy. Everything that he competed with was really, really dark and twisted (Derek, Shameless, Louie), whereas BBT is pretty much a straight up 80s/90s sitcom. I think they probably need a best new breakout comedy actor category or something like that, for me personally its Nathan for You by a long shot with strong nods at Karl Pilkington, Broad City, and of course Brooklyn 99.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed Breaking Bad but think True Detective got fucked by the BB knob slobbing.
Some people accuse HBO of being greedy by submitting True Detective as a drama instead of a miniseries, but I'm guessing they saw it as a win/lose type of situation. They likely saw it worth the risk of taking on Breaking Bad because Best Drama is seen as much more prestigious than what would have likely been an easy Best Miniseries win. They gambled and lost.

Parsons won because BBT is the old school style of comedy. Everything that he competed with was really, really dark and twisted (Derek, Shameless, Louie), whereas BBT is pretty much a straight up 80s/90s sitcom.
That's my theory as well. Parsons was the lone actor from a traditional comedy versus a bunch of darker and more complex shows. In general, the Academy doesn't seem as willing to award sitcoms that break the mold. The only winner last night that wasn't from a traditional sitcom was Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and she likely got some benefit from her Seinfeld days. But even if more of the academy likes those types of shows, it potentially creates a situation where the vote is divided up enough that Parsons can repeatedly top them all.

velk

Trakanon Raider
i've been marathoning through some seriously hideous TV -watching Crossbones right now, it is SOOOOOOOOO bad
Why would you do that to yourself !? ;p It's not worth it, step back from the edge ! ;p

Parsons won because BBT is the old school style of comedy. Everything that he competed with was really, really dark and twisted (Derek, Shameless, Louie), whereas BBT is pretty much a straight up 80s/90s sitcom. I think they probably need a best new breakout comedy actor category or something like that, for me personally its Nathan for You by a long shot with strong nods at Karl Pilkington, Broad City, and of course Brooklyn 99.
I say that none of the voters have a sense of humor so they just vote for whatever has the most laughing on the laugh track.

spronk

FPS noob
i fucking love pirates, even whatever kinda shitty pirate john malkovich is supposed to be

"lets make a show about pirates! but take out all the stuff where they do pirate stuff"

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure, but this is all that Sheldon from BBT is ever going to do. He's not exaggerating mannerisms. He acts -exactly- the same way in interviews.

He's a character actor and there is precious little call for the character he plays. Him and the Jew are fucked by their success. The girls and the indian guy probably aren't, and that guy who was on Rosanne anchored the show -- he'll anchor the next iteration I expect. Probably as the father...
This is my biggest beef with the Sheldon win. Others in the category are doing phenomenal acting work. Sheldon seems to mostly be portraying himself. BBT he may just crank up the nerd / awkwardness to 11, but in interviews he seems to be 80% of the way there. The guy has shown 0 acting range. I enjoy BBT as much as the next guy, but I do not think he deserves this win (I'd go as far as say the nomination itself).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I dont know why anyone would watch shit like bbt, but that nerd was a really good gay in the hbo aids movie with ruffalo

spronk

FPS noob
i like penny

6okvSzM.gif

EPqRckJ.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She's the only actress in sitcom history to get progressively less attractive as a show has gone on.

She's also pretty mediocre in the faceas far as Hollywood hotties go.

People give a lot of stupid reasons why they watch that tire fire of a comedy, she is by far the worst reason given.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I already finished with the gifs above so I don't give a fuck what you post for the next 30 minutes or so.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I feel there's no way Grimm is under the age of 70. Pittsburgh makes people so bitter.

iannis

Musty Nester
I still think of her as the older daughter from John Ritters show. I don't know if I've seen that younger redhead anywhere, but I might have.