2014 Emmy Nominations

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't be too upset about it when two of the nominees are from SNL episodes. I mean, you're talking about actresses that maybe had 20-30 minutes of screentime for the entire year.

I'd agree that it's definitely a PR type move just so they can say it's a transgender nominee. That said, I have no idea how Natasha Lyonne and Uzo Aduba are considered guest actresses. I mean, at the least you'd have to consider them supporting actresses, but I could even argue for them being leads.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah those comedy nominations are practically a setup for a guaranteed Silicon Valley emmy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"True Detective" -- "Who Goes There" (Cary Joji Fukunaga)

One of the best single television episodes of all time period.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Luther and Sherlock both getting some love. True Detective is going to rampage, but I love Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Martin Freeman. They are superb in everything they are part of.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's the trans hair stylist one. How the fuck is he/she nominated for this season? Did fuckingnothingthis season. At all. Total attention grab.

Didn't even think about it at first but just saw something about making history by being the first transgender nominee. What horseshit.
actually i think the comedy portion was the fact that the tranny/hair stylist was the one that gave sex ed 101 about the lady parts and 3 holes to all the inmates.

but to the point, i had to really think about how she/he/it was significant.

oops did some re-search, yea like others said b4, it's for
June 1, 2013 ? May 21, 2014

khorum

Murder Apologist
Kinda bullshit that True Detective didn't get nominated for best opening sequence. The show's gonna dominate anyway but the competition is pretty lame (except for vikings). HBO usually dominates the category too (Game of Thrones, Carnivale).

Also T Bone Burnett pretty much got snubbed for his phenomenal True Detective soundtrack.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
McConaughey got robbed. Wow.

Edit: And Game of Thrones got completely blanked?

vvv Haha. I thought the same thing. I feel like the people who awarded them were all over Breaking Bad's nuts if Skyler got something.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I remember feeling that the academy was actually hinting that it was in hbo's best interest to submit as a miniseries lol... Hard to imagine not voting for breaking bad in every category it was nominated in.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Say what you will about the character, but I think Anna Gunn had some really good performances on Breaking Bad, particularly in the episode she was nominated for - Ozymandias. (I was a little surprised they submitted that instead of Buried since I think her scene with Hank in the diner was probably her strongest in the entire series, but I suppose submitting such a highly regarded episode wasn't a bad move.)

spronk

FPS noob
at least fargo won best miniseries. too much slobbering over breaking bad, yeah shoulda won for cranston and maybe best writing for ozzy but skyler and jesse pinkman didn't deserve another round of emmies. sorry aaron, you are a cool dude and all but game of thrones deserves it over you.

jim parsons winning yet again is the biggest bazinga of them all

2014 Emmy Awards -- Winners List - ABC News