2015 Blackhawks Salary Dump NHL Offseason Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cap going to $71.4M apparently. Sharp being actively shopped by Blackhawks, expect even more moves from them. Toronto saying they're willing to take on a little salary back in any move for Kessel, but nothing close to his dollars/term. Will Price win Hart and Vezina, etc, etc, etc.

Merrith

Boston went full retard on the Hamilton deal.

Then they fleeced the Kings for Lucic. What in the fucking fuck.

Caps are like, have Holtby plus at least 2 other goalie prospects, lets draft another one in Round 1 who is signed for THREE MORE YEARS in the KHL. I mean fuck I'm all about best player available but we could really have used that pick to try to hit a home run on some skilled winger.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kings terminate Richards contract, nhlpa is going to lose their shit on this one.

Araxen

JFC, Saad just wanted 4 mill too. Trade Sharp for peanuts if you have too. Keeping Saad should have been a must.

Edits: Oops...
Bob McKenzie ?@TSNBobMcKenzie ? 20s20 seconds ago
CHI traded Saad because he was looking for 6 yrs with AAV of $6.5M. May have been an offer sheet coming tomorrow from a team with those #s.
Jesus that's a ton of money for him.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jones to SJ. LA was trying to keep him out of our conference via the Lucic trade but he came right on back. Love it. Hope this kid pans out because a first rounder and a prospect is kind of steep but I like our odds.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
The two signings were fine, the trade was shit though I agree
Parenteau might have upside if he performs like he did with the NYI before signing with MTL, good price.

Hunwick is a depth D, nothing special, priced accordingly.

But yeah I was mainly refering to that trade... What a horrible trade... Can't believe he couldn't shop more than that.

Merrith

Pens should be interesting, you might not know 6 or 7 of the forwards they dress every night, but they might light it up with their top guys. Surprised at all the wording for the conditions on the picks going either way too. There is a slim chance Toronto wouldn't even get a 1st rounder out of the deal (think Pens would have to miss playoffs next two years though so unlikely).

Crazy couple of days.

Rumors are Saad is crushed too, although with the numbers coming out that he was hoping for what else did he expect? Especially as part of his RFA years.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Pens should be interesting, you might not know 6 or 7 of the forwards they dress every night, but they might light it up with their top guys. Surprised at all the wording for the conditions on the picks going either way too. There is a slim chance Toronto wouldn't even get a 1st rounder out of the deal (think Pens would have to miss playoffs next two years though so unlikely).

Crazy couple of days.

Rumors are Saad is crushed too, although with the numbers coming out that he was hoping for what else did he expect? Especially as part of his RFA years.
His sadness will turn to joy for the next couple years when he sees that extra 2 mil go in his account every year
wink.png

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Woohoo only 3 years on the term for green! Exactly the type of dman the wings need!

Merrith

I'm shocked Green only got that deal. I could have seen the $6M AAV, but for longer term. Considering the other D men deals handed out he was worth more on the open market I think. That said, glad the Caps aren't going to pay him $6M a year to be a 3rd pairing D. We'd even moved him off the point on the 1st PP unit by the end of the year (to mixed results).