2015 Blackhawks Salary Dump NHL Offseason Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Sharp finally got moved, as expected. Some D men going back and forth as well, surprised Johns was moved.

Caps have Holtby and Johannson going for arbitration in the next 2-3 weeks. Will be interesting to see what happens, rumors on Holtby contract talks had both sides looking at a ~5 year deal, but were about $1M apart in dollars per year. Rumors had Caps offering ~5-5.5M a year, and Holtby wanting north of 6M a year. Anything over 5.5 would hurt to be honest, but we'll see what happens.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Merrith & Dima, as a super casual hockey fan, how do the Stars look after some of their pickups (Sharp & Oduya) this off-season? John Madden out.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Merrith & Dima, as a super casual hockey fan, how do the Stars look after some of their pickups (Sharp & Oduya) this off-season? John Madden out.
I'd say they will still have blueline problems and the goaltending is shaky. Oduya was one of the weaker links of the Hawks blueline.

Merrith

I'd say they will still have blueline problems and the goaltending is shaky. Oduya was one of the weaker links of the Hawks blueline.
Yeah while I don't think the contract they signed for Oduya was all that bad (or at least, as bad a deal as I thought some GM might give Oduya), his advanced stats showed him to quite clearly be the worst of Chicago's top 4 D last year, and it wasn't close. That said he's still a veteran guy who could help out, but Lodi's take is pretty spot on I think. Stars definitely will have some talent in their forward lines though, especially their top 6. Sharp will have a bit of a bounce back year down there I think this coming season. I think he has 2 years left on his deal, but not sure.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Worth every penny!
He's being paid for past performance. No question he's been a very good second line center for the past 6-7 seasons. But that's just it: his best seasons are behind him. He's 30, and the past three seasons he's been a 45 point guy, not a 60-70 point guy. 6.875 million is a big, big number to pay for a guy who's going to average 40 points a season over the term of the contract.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's being paid for past performance. No question he's been a very good second line center for the past 6-7 seasons. But that's just it: his best seasons are behind him. He's 30, and the past three seasons he's been a 45 point guy, not a 60-70 point guy. 6.875 million is a big, big number to pay for a guy who's going to average 40 points a season over the term of the contract.
He brings more than just scoring though. Hes a big hitter who gets in there and grinds people down. Even as he ages he will be good on the third and fourth lines. As well as brings a lot of vet experience to a team. I dont think he will end this contract in Anaheim but we shall see.

Merrith

This. If it was a 3 year deal or even a 4 year deal, wouldn't look nearly as much of an overpayment.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holtby for 5 years, $30.5 million.

I'm happy with it. Most excited I've been for a Caps goalie since Olie.

Merrith

Holtby for 5 years, $30.5 million.

I'm happy with it. Most excited I've been for a Caps goalie since Olie.
$6.1 a year for a goalie hurts though. We have just a bit below $5M left under the cap, and you have to figure Johannson is going to get somewhere in the 4.25-4.75 a year range. Think GMBM wanted to have at least a $1M cushion for whatevs or just to bank up as the year went on to be able to add someone at the deadline if needed, think we'll end up having a lot less room after Mojo's deal is done.

Unless they find someone to take Laich's contract off our hands.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
$6.1 a year for a goalie hurts though. We have just a bit below $5M left under the cap, and you have to figure Johannson is going to get somewhere in the 4.25-4.75 a year range. Think GMBM wanted to have at least a $1M cushion for whatevs or just to bank up as the year went on to be able to add someone at the deadline if needed, think we'll end up having a lot less room after Mojo's deal is done.

Unless they find someone to take Laich's contract off our hands.
Let's hope Holtby has another blowout year for you guys.

Merrith

Fucking Pens signed Eric Fehr to a 3 year deal around ~$2M per. Also unloaded Sutter for Bonino and Clendenning, along with swapping a 3rd round pick for a 2nd. Great trade for them. Metro is going to be stacked this year.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking Pens signed Eric Fehr to a 3 year deal around ~$2M per. Also unloaded Sutter for Bonino and Clendenning, along with swapping a 3rd round pick for a 2nd. Great trade for them. Metro is going to be stacked this year.
I hate the Pens so much and they are so stacked now. No clue what Vancouver was thinking in that trade either.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gorton (and probably Sathir still) really got the job done in NY. With Stepan locked in for another 6 years (39mil), we somehow remain unscathed from what was an extremely tight salary cap crunch. Bummed to lose Hagelin, but barring some stupid huge trade we got off really easy and actually look like a better team going into next season. Truth be told, Etem has all the potenial and youth for that trade to work out in our favor down the road anyhow.

Really excited for a full season with Yandle and especially stoked to see some of our new, younger guys step up.

With so many big names getting moved around and such a talent packed draft there's alot to look foward to. Fuck off summer, October can't come soon enough.