2015 RR March Madness Bracket Challenge

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Each program has enough haters that there would plenty tuning hoping to watch them loose. I'm with Ritley though. I won't be watching it if that's the slate. I'd slightly prefer UK over Duke, just because there's plenty of the fans here that I'd have to constantly hear shit from about it, but I don't need to witness it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Did I say people won't watch it? No, I said I won't. Fuck Duke and fuck Kentucky

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
A Wisconsin vs Michigan St final would be the most glorious thing in recent basketball history(and I don't even like the B10), the odds against that have to be fairly large, I would think.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That would be epic. Michigan state had a really easy road to the final four though, I think the odds of them beating duke are pretty low unless Duke pulls a Duke.

I could see Wisconsin winning, but still not great odds

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
That would be epic. Michigan state had a really easy road to the final four though, I think the odds of them beating duke are pretty low unless Duke pulls a Duke.

I could see Wisconsin winning, but still not great odds
Had to beat a 10, 2, 3, and a 4. I do agree though that their region was the weakest. Said it on day one.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gratz on Barnes Gilg. Be prepared for lots of permitter passing with no movement.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had to beat a 10, 2, 3, and a 4. I do agree though that their region was the weakest. Said it on day one.
Seems like a pretty big long shot. K is like, 8-1? against Izzo. Last win was 10 years ago. If they had to play UK, Kentucky might be winning by 20 at halftime.

So uhh... YUP NP GOT THIS!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Interesting list

Ranking of Coaches based on NCAA Tourney Expectations

paine-datalab-izzo-redux-0330.png

WAE = Wins against Expectations. If you're a 1 seed, you're expected to get to the final 4. A 2 seed to the elite 8, a 3-4 seed to the Sweet 16, etc. This ranking is how a coach does vs his seed.

Congrats on your new coach, Tennessee

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Supposedly Texas is closing the deal with Shaka Smart. I wanted Gregg Marshall but Smart is a solid hire.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think Shaka would be a better fit in Austin. Marshall seems a little prissy/uppity at times, Shaka seems more laid back and the type of coach that can probably handle high-level/high-maintenance recruits a little better.

They've both proven that they are very solid coaches. If they can get to the Final 4 with their relative lack of talent(compared to the blu-blood schools) you know they can coach. Their main issue at the next level will be schmoozing big dollar donors and handling high-level recruits(and their families/entourages). I think Shaka's personality and demeanor is better suited to handle that.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, hopefully Shaka can turn it around for Texas. With the level of talent they can recruit there is no reason they can't at least contend for the B12 title most years