2015 RR March Madness Bracket Challenge

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Front cover of today's Herald Leader (Lexington's newspaper). Great for a chuckle if you love reveling in schadenfreude.

rrr_img_94213.jpg

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's nt racial because he's black, it's being labeled as just a regular slur.
An expletive andracial slurdirected at Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky was picked up by microphones as Harrison sat, disappointed, and tried to explain Kentucky's first loss in 39 games.
Kentuckys Andrew Harrison apologizes for expletive, racial slur about Frank Kaminsky (updated) - The Washington Post

Kentucky player apologizes to Wisconsin star forracial slur
Kentucky player uses racial slur to describe opponent - CNN.com

Kentucky guard Andrew Harrison apologized Sunday for directing an obscenity and aracial slurat Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky during a postgame news conference at the Final Four.
Kentuckys Andrew Harrison apologizes for using racial slur - LA Times

Should I keep going?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Woot!! Love the salty UK fans even on here! Now if Duke can take the Badgers(likely), I win my pool. Yeah...at least this champ game isn't overrated now. Whoo!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I love how much butthurt and whining about officiating is going on over at the normal UK hangouts. They criticize other fanbases of doing the same thing, but once they even get a slight hint of refs not going there was (and by that I mean as soon as they aren't in their favor) they go crying wolf. There is a reason Rupp Arena is called "Corrupt" Arena across the nation, now they finally get a laughably hilarious officiated game (but ultimately equal if you look at it) and all I see is crybabies.

Calipari's recruiting classes:
'07 #10
'08 #4
'09 #1
'10 #1
'11 #1
'12 #1
'13 #1
'14 #2
One championship?

Give those classes to someone like Izzo, Williams, Coach K, Pitino, etc and you'd have 3 championships in that span. Coach Cal, amazing recruiter, mediocre coach... AP Coach of the Year? Haha!

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a UK fan I am disappointed in and embarrassed by their behavior, and disappointed in the outcome of the game, of course. We got beat, plain and simple. I'd never blame refs for any loss, because that is just the game. That being said, the officiating in the last 10 minutes especially, was some of the worst I've seen in a while. That no call Lyles was insanity, and the complete miss on the shot clock violation on the other end was ridiculous.

But seriously Lost Virtue, I have to ask. What did UK do to you to inspire the irrational hate you seem to have for them? I get not liking Cal. I'm a UK fan and don't love him, but he coaches my Cats so I have to accept the way things are.

Why are so many UK/UL fans incapable of encouraging an at least respectful rivalry? It is all so alien to me, the people on both sides who love hating the other team, more than they love their own team. I would never cheer against UL, ever. I was born here, and I live here. So much hate.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
As a UK fan I am disappointed in and embarrassed by their behavior, and disappointed in the outcome of the game, of course. We got beat, plain and simple. I'd never blame refs for any loss, because that is just the game. That being said, the officiating in the last 10 minutes especially, was some of the worst I've seen in a while. That no call Lyles was insanity, and the complete miss on the shot clock violation on the other end was ridiculous.

But seriously Lost Virtue, I have to ask. What did UK do to you to inspire the irrational hate you seem to have for them? I get not liking Cal. I'm a UK fan and don't love him, but he coaches my Cats so I have to accept the way things are.

Why are so many UK/UL fans incapable of encouraging an at least respectful rivalry? It is all so alien to me, the people on both sides who love hating the other team, more than they love their own team. I would never cheer against UL, ever. I was born here, and I live here. So much hate.
Actually... My dislike for UK typically spans due to Calipari and the fanbase. I live in Kentucky and am surrounded by UK fans and a lot of my friends are UK fans (but are sane UK fans). However, as you just pointed out, their behavior is incredibly distasteful and downright annoying the majority of the time (seriously, who burns fucking couches when you lose and riots in college sports?). Yes, I am acting like their fans in this thread, but this is the only place I really demonstrate my dislike of UK because this forum's environment somewhat encourages it. I do not go around to every ESPN article or every UK fanpage and spout things like "Louisville rocks, you all suck" and etc, however, UK fans do it constantly. Go to any college basketball discussion about teams or post-game sections and there will be a lot of "oh yea, UK rocks, 38-0 and still not done" bullshit, especially on postgames of teams UK NEVER plays. There has been numerous occasions I am out in public with something Louisville on and a UK fan says something, especially now with the Chris Jones stuff. Or I'll be at a bar watching games and some UK fans will basically say that the teams playing don't matter, only UK does. Then you have the boo'ing during the Cinci/Purdue game by UK fans when it went into OT. My hate is with the obnoxious fans (and Calipari).

I think their players are damn incredible, especially people like Anthony Davis (he's a once in a generation player). Their school is incredible in terms of facilities (I almost went there). I do not think Calipari cheats to get his players either, he's just an amazing recruiter. Do not confuse my hatred for UK sports as hatred for the school itself, that is definitely not the case.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only problem with what you said is saying you're "acting like their fans". I know just as many insane UL fans as UK fans. Pretending that one side is worse than the other has always seemed so silly to me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The only thing more important than UK basketball in Lexington is Jesus, and during the final four, that's a highly contestable statement.

The people here have an irrational emotional attachment to that team that goes beyond what any college sports team should garner.

Its that simple.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
My only problem with what you said is saying you're "acting like their fans". I know just as many insane UL fans as UK fans. Pretending that one side is worse than the other has always seemed so silly to me.
I agree, there are bad apples in every fanbase. However, I personally have not witnessed anywhere close to what UK fans do. Funny thing is, we were having this exact discussion a few weeks back with some of my UK friends. They said something similar to you, but ultimately said their fans are the fucking worst and it is not even a close comparison. These comments were coming from UK alums, one even worked at UK for some time.

My comment about "acting like their fans" was not meant to be directed at UK fans, I should've fixed that. Moreso that I was being a hypocrit with the way I acted in this thread by doing exactly what I am making fun of.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only thing that I see as worse in regards to UK fans is the absurd number of white trash rednecks among them. Though, I do know a large amount of wannabe thug UL fans I guess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was going to say, didn't UL's campus burn a bunch of shit after UK lost last night?

Anyway, speaking of UK, I think it's strange because my wife's entire family (literally all of them...even her 84 year old grandmother who wouldn't answer the phone last night) are UK fans. But my wife and her brother? They were actively rooting against them. Strange.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was going to say, didn't UL's campus burn a bunch of shit after UK lost last night?
lol @ any Lville fan claiming moral authority over another school while keeping(and praising) the slimiest head coaches in the business.

With that said, that was someextremelypoor sportsmanship by Harrison.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And... if Kaminsky said that about one of the Harrison's, he would be suspended for the championship game and forced to go to anger management counseling. Cool country we got here.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And... if Kaminsky said that about one of the Harrison's, he would be suspended for the championship game and forced to go to anger management counseling. Cool country we got here.
yep what a load of shit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Just from the handful of UK games I've watched over the past 2 years I wasn't remotely surprised at Harrison's remark, even with a hot mic in front of him. He's struck me as an entitled winner and a sore looser for some time now.

And as an outside observer, UK fans seem much worse than Louisville fans, though admittedly I'm not at ground zero.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just from the handful of UK games I've watched over the past 2 years I wasn't remotely surprised at Harrison's remark, even with a hot mic in front of him. He's struck me as an entitled winner and a sore looser for some time now.

And as an outside observer, UK fans seem much worse than Louisville fans, though admittedly I'm not at ground zero.
I do think a good part of it is where you are located. I live in Louisville, and the fans on both sides are right fucking annoying. Outside of Louisville, especially in Lexington and any rural, white trash infested, area, I would guess the sheer of number UK fans is so much greater that naturally they seem worse.