2016 Oscars

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm no fan of affirmative action in anything...but seriously, why the fuck is BROOKLYN up there instead of Creed or even Straight Outta Compton?

I couldn't give two shits about some butthurt dindus, but come the fuck on--ROOM!?!

Say what you will about Will Smith but you don't walk away fromConcussionthinking that dude is stuck in a rut. He literally disappeared in that aspie nigerian doctor role and for better or worse he DEFINITELY earned it more than Leonardo DiCaprio playing "Leonardo DiCaprio with a musket" and he sure as shit played it better than Eddie Redmayne playing yet another anorexic effeminate britfag.

spronk

FPS noob
12573967_10153315839976406_431813780130248446_n.png

elidib

Vyemm Raider
welp, we can rest assured the nominees for 2017 will be pretty much all minorities with ice cube or kevin hart winning best actor.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah thats pretty retarded. All they needed was creed for best picture, beasts of no nation for best adaptation, and either idris or the kid for best actor/supporting actor and every minority deserving of a nom would of gotten one.

But its not like there are no deserving white people who get snubbed, ever.

Szlia

Was Beasts of No Nation even eligible considering it was released on Netflix? Or was it also released in theaters?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh that's a good question. I believe that the film has to release in at least 1 theatre in los angeles county for at least 1 week run to be considered, and it was a netflix exclusive so...

oh wait, they must of did that cus it waseligible

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im gonna take a wild guess and say that creed got snubbed for best picture because they already gave best picture to the original rocky so its like been there done that.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah no need for affirmative action, ffs creed director could of been nominated for best director or best screenplay, the movie for best picture and maybe micheal b jordan for best actor. buncha shit up for best picture this year.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe they feel the sport drama genre has been mined out and dismiss it without a thought. Plus, they need to hit their artsy faggot film quota as well.

In the end, it's basically like caring about who wins American Idol.

Szlia

The thing also is that Creed is a pretty good movie, but the best thing in it really is Stallone and he got nominated. I mean you can't get a best director nomination because you decided to put a single take fight in the middle of your movie and you don't get an original screenplay nomination because you have a clever idea and then go through the motions of your average sports/dance film.

On the other hand, the guy that got inexplicably snubbed is David O. Russell for the screenplay and the direction of Joy. Maybe the academy got burned on American Hustle that was a bit meh, but still...

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
im gonna take a wild guess and say that creed got snubbed for best picture because they already gave best picture to the original rocky so its like been there done that.
Good call. Kinda like when they decided to overlook Godfather II since Godfather already won for best picture. Oh wait...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Oscars need to update their rules because Beasts should be on a few of those lists.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, let me get their straight: It's perfectly non-racist that an entire race has taken over an American pro sport because they are better at it, but when it comes to white people being better at a completely subjective medium/job, it's suddenly racist?

Szlia

Oscars need to update their rules because Beasts should be on a few of those lists.
I am not sure if they weight the votes to create the nomination list, but, at the end of the day, if not enough people see the movie, it can't be nominated, so half the battle is getting the members of the academy to see the movie. A battle that is significantly harder for Beasts of No Nation than for star powered classical dramas.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why is no one outraged about the lack of Hispanic or Asian nominees? Has an Asian ever won best actor? Been nominated? Fucking racists.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Us Asians have our own awards in asia land, and i'm sure wetbacks have some sort of telemundo awards, black ppl should maybe go back to their homeland and make movies in africa if they want some awards?

I mean come on, lets be real Oscars is a bunch of white ppl and jews nominating other white ppl and jews.

Don't black ppl have like BET awards or some shit? agh, they're so annoying every year with this shit. Will Smith didn't win again! cry cry.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The great thespian of our time is not attending. Snoop dogg announced he's not attending, what will we do without "real" actors lol. Maybe some of the people complaining might get a nomination if they concentrated on their acting and not political agendas.

I'm kind of suprised people act like the Oscars is something other than a self awarded prize. Do you really "care" if a film/actor etc..wins an Oscar or not?