2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
mascot was attacked by a white male between 18 and 20 years of age who was estimated to be 5-feet-5 and 160 pounds.

so he was attacked by a manlet?

I'm still trying to understand who walks up to a mascot in the Concourse and starts attacking. Like what the fuck was your day like that your first thought upon seeing the mascot walking towards you is "I'm going to go all Rudy 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing on this motherfucker"...

Fadaar

That guy
As a Lightning fan, trust me it irritates me to no end to see Stamkos go poof when it matters most. That collapse last year.... ugh. At least I got to be outside the arena in '04 for game 7 of the finals. Was less than a week after I graduated high school, was a fucking awesome experience. There's a parking deck opposite the main entrance to the arena and they used the giant white wall as a projection screen. Of course, being Florida during June the sun didn't go down til most of the first period was over so we couldn't see shit, but once it got darker it was $$$.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Hawks are fully committing to the tank. I swear, If Hawks or Kings get the 1oa I might just give up on this league. Rangers are an original 6 team with 4 cups and not one 1oa pick, there should be some sort of mercy rule at this point.

Merrith

Looks like Hawks are fully committing to the tank. I swear, If Hawks or Kings get the 1oa I might just give up on this league. Rangers are an original 6 team with 4 cups and not one 1oa pick, there should be some sort of mercy rule at this point.

7 teams with less points than the Rangers right now. If you want the 1st pick, you're doing it wrong.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
7 teams with less points than the Rangers right now. If you want the 1st pick, you're doing it wrong.

Only 8 points from the bottom, about half as many as Lundqvist has stolen for us so far. We are a bottom 5 team for sure after the TDL. Just bullshit that a team can load up on shitty contracts knowing full well it will all come crashing down, win two cups then still go onto drafting elite young talent less than 5 years later.

Merrith

Only 8 points from the bottom, about half as many as Lundqvist has stolen for us so far. We are a bottom 5 team for sure after the TDL. Just bullshit that a team can load up on shitty contracts knowing full well it will all come crashing down, win two cups then still go onto drafting elite young talent less than 5 years later.

That's the dream right? Every time I hear one of my Caps friends gleefully talk about the Penguins not being in a playoff position...I picture them having some injuries/whatever that stunningly keeps them out of the playoffs and then them getting lucky as fuck and winning the #1 pick to draft Hughes to groom behind Sid and Malkin.

I'm sure it's nice to see Lundqvist play well, but if he's stealing points, you're just missing out. Not that I'd ever be happy watching my team lose...but Hughes is supposed to be that good that frankly it's probably more worth a shot at him than to miss the playoffs by 5-10 points.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
USA had no cohesion, Hughes brothers can fly but rarely pass. They need to be ALOT better. RUS looked good but spent alot of the game on the PK. Podzolokin (however its spelled..) was very noticable whenever on the ice. Gonna be keeping my eye on him. Haven't seen SWE yet but heard they had a good showing.

Basically just playing for Silver though, Canada too good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So Mackenzie Blackwood has 2 shutouts in a row as a rookie goalie for the Devils. He was the goalie for the for the local ECHL team, the Adirondack Thunder, for the last third of the season. If he hadn't been injured in the playoffs, he probably would have carried the team to the finals. Since the Devils called him up I've been following him, but it's fucking hard to root from them. I still have PTSD from the 90s Devils and the neutral zone trap. Goddammit.

Plus the Wings have stopped overachieving, but at least Larkin has a 13 game point streak going.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Canada with the big choke. Bunch of hosers the whole lot. Looking like Gold is Russia's to lose.

Merrith

Can't help but smile at Canada dipping out early. Like seeing other teams win it.