2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I've never wanted Tavares to score a Hat Trick more in my life. I'm pretty sure these butt-hurt idiots would charge the ice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Toronto getting ready to fuck their fans over at the end of the year. It's a more than 50 year tradition!

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure he just said he fucked Domi's sister. Pretty funny when you consider their fathers, apple sure didn't fall far.

Shades of Avery, NY is gonna love this kid. He wasn't even on my radar but glad to have him.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That shit is hilarious. Some weird offside calls tonight, or non calls as it were. Oh well, big win for the Caps. Pretty crazy that right now Pittsburgh sits outside the wild card.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
gettin hot when we need to. Took out the team we needed to take out.

Merrith

gettin hot when we need to. Took out the team we needed to take out.

Crazy thing is everyone else keeps winning too. Montreal tonight, Carolina. Even Philly and Buffalo trying to stay in it. Penguins lost but they still got a point for getting to OT. Someone is going to end up missing the playoffs with 95+ points in the East.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy thing is everyone else keeps winning too. Montreal tonight, Carolina. Even Philly and Buffalo trying to stay in it. Penguins lost but they still got a point for getting to OT. Someone is going to end up missing the playoffs with 95+ points in the East.

This is seriously the best end of season I've seen in a few years.

Merrith

StoiCynic StoiCynic That was an odd ending. You guys played tough all day. Fast and hard on the forecheck. Also looks like Hank's successor will be ready, he was great overall today.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
StoiCynic StoiCynic That was an odd ending. You guys played tough all day. Fast and hard on the forecheck. Also looks like Hank's successor will be ready, he was great overall today.

Yeah pretty silly. I don't know if it was intentional but doesn't really matter, he was beat clean. Most encouraging take away from this season is our new coach has us competing every game, just lacking the talent but that's coming. These loser points are costing us in the draft though.

Love Georgiev. He will be a starter someday for sure, but Hanks heir apparent is Shestyorkin:

"Igor Shestyorkin has put up numbers in the KHL that are simply mind boggling. Since becoming the split starting goalie for SKA in 2016-17, Igor Shestyorkin has a 77-9-4 record with a 1.53 GAA and a .939 sv% with 23 shutouts. This season, he has gone 22-3-1 with a staggering 1.19 GAA, a .949 sv% and 8 shutouts. Twice in his KHL career he has carried a shutout streak of at least three games, and he has set the SKA record for fastest goalie to 20 wins…twice."

Merrith

Yeah we have our own young Russian stud goalie, Samsonov. After a slow start down in Hershey adjusting to North American game, helped the Bears get points in 16 straight games, including 15 wins. Just not sure what they'll end up doing since Holtby and Backstrom need new deals after next year.