2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Obviously the President's trophy team doesn't always win but Tampa seems to be a team of destiny this year. Are they going to get over the hump? Caps give up too many goals for me to have a lot of faith in them repeating, but the talent is there to hopefully knock them off again

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obviously the President's trophy team doesn't always win but Tampa seems to be a team of destiny this year. Are they going to get over the hump? Caps give up too many goals for me to have a lot of faith in them repeating, but the talent is there to hopefully knock them off again
95/96 wings finished with 27 more points then the next team in the league and lost in the conference finals. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Caps giving up less than 2.5 goals a game last 12 games. Only 1.5 goals a game the last 6 games. Tampa was favored to win the East last year, too.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
WTF is up with Montreal? They're currently out of playoff contention. They've had a mostly decent season, but they just can't seem to connect in the front three on any line.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Okay, I just bitched about Montreal, and their game is not over tonight, but Carey Price is A FUCKING BEAST. This is unreal. Every save is a highlight reel save. He's so much fun to watch.

Merrith

Man, Caps couldn't hit the posts more often tonight if they'd tried. A bad couple minutes ruined an otherwise really good road game against the Pens. Ah well, on to the next.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Montreal shit the bed tonight. They need every point to make the playoffs, but at this point I'm guessing they aren't going to make it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
95/96 wings finished with 27 more points then the next team in the league and lost in the conference finals. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

President trophies team has a 25% chance to win the cup. I'd say that's some pretty nice odds.

How crazy would it be if Stamkos got 13 more points and TB ended with 2 players over 100 points. Yea not going to happen but a fan can dream.

Everyone around here says it'll mean nothing if they don't win the cup. While I see their point, having a team that's given us this much entertainment and being as respectable a franchise ever I'm just proud to be part of their regular season. Anything can (and will) happen in the playoffs and I have a feeling that Tampa fans will all but be gone if they don't win the cup. I seriously think this town doesn't deserve any professional sports teams and we are fucking blessed to have one of the best sports organizations in the world.

Merrith

President trophies team has a 25% chance to win the cup. I'd say that's some pretty nice odds.

How crazy would it be if Stamkos got 13 more points and TB ended with 2 players over 100 points. Yea not going to happen but a fan can dream.

Everyone around here says it'll mean nothing if they don't win the cup. While I see their point, having a team that's given us this much entertainment and being as respectable a franchise ever I'm just proud to be part of their regular season. Anything can (and will) happen in the playoffs and I have a feeling that Tampa fans will all but be gone if they don't win the cup. I seriously think this town doesn't deserve any professional sports teams and we are fucking blessed to have one of the best sports organizations in the world.

Us Caps fans know all about great regular seasons and President Trophies but no Cup. Obviously its still an accomplishment, but the fan bitterness definitely raises if a season like that doesn't lead to a Cup.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Watching game 2 of this end of season Caps/Bolts mini series...my body is ready for some damn playoff hockey.

Merrith

Watching game 2 of this end of season Caps/Bolts mini series...my body is ready for some damn playoff hockey.

It would be great if we weren't giving up 1 goal a game to them directly in off a defenseman. Exciting hockey to watch though, Tampa's power play is just lethal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Caps have an obligatory 5-10 minutes where they shit the bed in real games, giving up 3 goals each time.